Bobby Wagner on NFLN

OP
OP
LawlessHawk

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
aawolf":1zuw945x said:
I heard it on NFL radio, and I love Bobby, but he needs to work on his "you knows" that he says in between every sentance.

Come on now... guys only 22 years old, one of his first featured national tv appearances in prime time and with the realization that millions of eyes are gazing at him, it was obvious he was a tad nervous... What the f*** do you expect? A seasoned professional interviewee/public speaker right out of the box??

volsunghawk

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":2zbx4t69 said:
aawolf":2zbx4t69 said:
I heard it on NFL radio, and I love Bobby, but he needs to work on his "you knows" that he says in between every sentance.

Come on now... guys only 22 years old, one of his first featured national tv appearances in prime time and with the realization that millions of eyes are gazing at him, it was obvious he was a tad nervous... What the f*** do you expect? A seasoned professional interviewee/public speaker right out of the box??

Shaun Alexander couldn't get the "you knows" under control even after 5 years in the league.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
aawolf":1nxjknhv said:

Uggh. Why does he "need" to? It's how he talks. We won't give you grief for spelling sentence wrong, so let Bobby have his "you knows".

:mrgreen:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Nobody was worse than Shaun Alexander at "you know"s. It was almost as if he was trying to break a record every time he talked.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I mean if we're gonna compare, and I mean NO disrespect to the best QB in the league, but I'd rather hold a conversation with B Wagz than Russell Wilson.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
Because before he said this.. The rest of the division didn't want to win the games against our team.. Good job Wagner, now the other teams in the division want a win!!!!!

Bulletin board material isn't needed for games.. No one is saying, now we really need to beat the Seahawks because Wagner said they were going to win the division..

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I love that Bobby has no fear in him. This is an extremely confident team. Oh no the media guy is trying to get me to say something for the other teams to see, wait, I don't give a S+^*, yea man, I do believe we're a superbowl team because we're all extremely talented.

hawker84

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3do8b6de said:
aawolf":3do8b6de said:

Uggh. Why does he "need" to? It's how he talks. We won't give you grief for spelling sentence wrong, so let Bobby have his "you knows".

:mrgreen:

as long as he's not saying the "you knows" like Rod Tidwell, who cares :mrgreen:

Zowert

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":6nboqh5c said:
seabowl":6nboqh5c said:
Never understood why players give other teams locker room material. He said something like we should be able to overtake the Niners next year. Someone please give him the players book of etiquette on how to answer loaded questions.

So you'd rather him say "I don't think we should be able to win the division"? :roll:

I've never understood why people give credence to the "locker room material" thing in the NFL. It's not like they need more motivation.

Exactly my thought. Thank you!

Zowert

Reaction score
TJH":2miniguz said:
FlyingGreg":2miniguz said:
seabowl":2miniguz said:
Never understood why players give other teams locker room material. He said something like we should be able to overtake the Niners next year. Someone please give him the players book of etiquette on how to answer loaded questions.

So you'd rather him say "I don't think we should be able to win the division"? :roll:

You act like those are the only two options.

The other option is to dodge the question.. Honestly though, who cares what he says? Wagner was being himself, you have to respect him for that. He believes in this team. That's good to hear.

I doubt the 49ers are going to be sitting in the locker room come next season's first game against them, and one of their players will stand up and say,

"Remember when that fool Bobby Wagner was talking some SERIOUS S--T about us back in February?!"

Rest of team: "Yeah, I remember that! Oh hell no he didn't! This s--t just got real!"

Random Niner: "That's right! Before we had a rivalry, but now that Wagner be trash talking. S--t just got personal!"

The 49ers then end up beating the Seahawks 49-0. All because Bobby Wagner doesn't know how to answer questions.

chrispy

Reaction score
Sherman will give them all the material they can handle. Wagner's comments will be long forgotten once someone interviews Sherman and give him a good opportunity to comment on the 9rs. And, as long as it's funny and not too personal, most will love it.

I could see him playing those 2 games with temporary tattoos so he could kiss them after his pick 6s.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3v4hnhie said:
I don't think that a player could say anything to fuel the Hawks/Niners rivalry. They get up to play the Niners and give them the business.

Wagner is nothing short of a stud, he is young, smart and very gifted physically. Watching him play on TV doesn't do it justice. I made a point of watching him specifically during the GB and SF games. He is taking on dudes constantly and appears to be very strong with wheels. Most impressive.

Again.. This team is as legit as one can get and they are just kids. Wagner is going to be a very big name by the end of the season next year.

One of the things which immediately stuck out to me was the fact that he could stand up to offensive guards blocking him without getting blown up at the point of attack. There are not many 4-3 MLBs who can handle a steady diet of offensive linemen hitting them.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
TJH":1xs8mxu2 said:
FlyingGreg":1xs8mxu2 said:
seabowl":1xs8mxu2 said:

You act like those are the only two options.

There is NOTHING that Wagner said that was inflammatory. He said he thinks Seattle can overtake them. That's not Locker Room material. If he's said-- The WHINNERS suck and were going to roll them this year, than that's a different story.

There's nothing wrong with showing (quiet) confidence in one's self and team.

I thought his comments were quite tame, bordering on boring.