Jim Harbaugh Style

Zowert

Reaction score
Check this out....

[youtube]jlIq_kYuhI0[/youtube]

At 1:40 in the video, there is mention of Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman..

"Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim-Douchebag-Harbaugh-Style!"

kag0331

Reaction score
You know I have never posted in this forum.. this is an awesome site the mods do a great job and my wife would say I'm a hardcore niner fan ha.. been to all the playoff games last two years and the last four seahawk games at home love the rivelry ( have season tickets)! Including the embarrassing home lose three years ago to the hawks... Anyhow I find it interesting about how much your fan base hates on harbaugh for everything he does but I understand why he gets under your skin! He is the kind of character that would frustrate any enemy... You know what he is about... you could agree know your enemy to get an edge.... He will win at any cost and I can commend that above all else doesn't care what anyone thinks or says it is incredible ! the only coach in the pros who comes close is bill bellechik( excuse my spelling) Its astonishing. I was in the Marine Corps infantry and I had one SSgt who will always stand out due to him setting the example it didn't matter about others thought of him and harb does it like no other ... hate all you want but if he was the coach of the hawks with Wilson you would have been in the super bowl and be hooked! I think your team is awesome and very talented ..I'm not trying to troll thanks for letting g me sign up j have been following for years never write though out of respect..

hawker84

Reaction score
thanks and welcome aboard.. speaking for only myself.. i personally can't stand the guy, and it has nothing to do with his coaching.. i actually think he's a good coach... it's just the way he carries himself on and off the field... i think if you were to poll other fanbases you will find this to be the norm with him... he's earned his douchebag status well before his coaching days.. just ask former players especially teammates and media... his sideline antics are a complete embarrassment , that is absolutely no way for a grown man to behave... it's not normal adult behavior...i wouldn't want him anywhere near this franchise, i don't care how good a coach he is. JMO

OP
OP
Zowert

Zowert

Reaction score
I agree with you guys, Jim Harbaugh is a good coach. However, he acts like a complete a-hole.. On an ESPN article/video interview with Jim Harbaugh, four days after the Superbowl. All he could do was complain about a 'no call' (from the officials) rather than congratulating his brother on the Superbowl victory and give his players props for a hard fought comeback in the second half. It is obvious Jim doesn't care about anything but himself and his own success. It's impossible for the guy to exhibit any kind of class. I almost feel sorry for him. Jim Harbaugh's ridiculous antics; screaming right in referee's faces, constantly throwing temper tantrums and chucking his headset on the ground is embarrassing.

Other than his childish behavior on the sideline, Jim Harbaugh is a great coach, hands down.. Anyway. Say what you want about Pete Carroll's behavior on the sideline. At least Pete's antics are not completely negative, like Jim's always seem to be. Even if the guy is winning...

MrCarey

Reaction score
Good coach, huge asshole. Nothing else to say. @#$% Jim.

kag0331

Reaction score
I agree with what you guys say about his antics being very fiery and over the top almost always.. as an opposing fan I can see why its so irritating... us loyal fans see it as this guy cares about everything very much and doesn't care how much heat he is going to get for it. Again as a NFL fan all I care about is winning not morals and standards leave that for high school and college. I want wins so I can brag to my seahawk buddies ( not one says well your coach is a jerk..ha)I know and other teams... I think Pete Carroll is a good coach I grew up watching usc .. I thought it was very timely of Pete to leave right before the hammer was brought down on that organization..ha the only measurement in the the league is W's.. I am very excited for this rivalry for years to come.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh is just a bad individual.

You know that he still hasn't spoken to his brother yet don't you?

He is immature and as soon as you have a off season he is going to implode on the team.

The man is lacking in character.

The Radish

Reaction score
He is a really good coach but his antics reflect badly on his team and his players. In the next couple of years you're going to see the players start to imitate his actions and it will hurt them on the field. And also the some members of the team will tire of his antics and he will lose their attention. Its happened everywhere else he's been. That's one of the reasons he's been so many places, the players tire of grade school actions.

For a comparison lets look at Tom Lasorda, a man I've had the honor to meet. In fact when he was a AAA coach in Spokane him and many of his team came to our house for hotdogs cooked over an open fire and brews.

He constantly pushed the officials and was not shy about telling them what he thought. But he learned from Leo Durocher to put his hands in his back pockets so he wouldn't do anything stupid with them.

He also knew how to argue calls without being a jerk. Because of that he was loved by fans everywhere not just LA and even the officials liked him. And off the field the only thing he argued about was whether to order 1 of everything on the menue or 2.

:les:

hawker84

Reaction score
wow, how cool would that have been to have a legend over to the house for campfire dogs... jealous Radish.

kag0331

Reaction score
All of your guys have good points I can tell you this if I was raised in Washington I would be a hawks fan.. However I believe in territory and I grew up a niners fan till I die. Have a great weekend

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Props for standing behind your team and coach. That said, what most Niner fans (through rationalization) and the media (out if political correctness) charicterize as 'firey' is actually much closer to whiney and borderline psychotic.
No doubt he's a good coach, but the man has serious issues.

rlkats

Reaction score
I agree with all that has been said. Much of his antics are confusing like in the superbowl where his brother John almost had to force him to talk and even say good luck. I love his coaching and his style of ball. It almost seems to me he might have some other deep internal issues. I dont think its simply he is an ahole. He to me seems very very emotional and motivated and does not let ANYTHING get in the way. I wish he would chill sometimes, but its not his nature. The players love him or else they would gripe about it on twitter (the new shat talk central). I dont get it like most. I dont have the pleasure like some people to speak to John H. and ask if know if he has spoke to him yet. Really I dont believe half what the media states, one thing we know is Jim hardly speaks to the media SOOO I take that with a grain of salt. I really dont think he left town and did not speak to his brother or his family. And if he did who cares he is here to win, not to be the most popular. I also dont have a crystal ball and say he will implode when he has his first bad year (which will happen one day). So like everything else we will see.

GO NINNERS

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
rlkats":2x0uh8tk said:
I agree with all that has been said. Much of his antics are confusing like in the superbowl where his brother John almost had to force him to talk and even say good luck. I love his coaching and his style of ball. It almost seems to me he might have some other deep internal issues. I dont think its simply he is an ahole. He to me seems very very emotional and motivated and does not let ANYTHING get in the way. I wish he would chill sometimes, but its not his nature. The players love him or else they would gripe about it on twitter (the new shat talk central). I dont get it like most. I dont have the pleasure like some people to speak to John H. and ask if know if he has spoke to him yet. Really I dont believe half what the media states, one thing we know is Jim hardly speaks to the media SOOO I take that with a grain of salt. I really dont think he left town and did not speak to his brother or his family. And if he did who cares he is here to win, not to be the most popular. I also dont have a crystal ball and say he will implode when he has his first bad year (which will happen one day). So like everything else we will see.

GO NINNERS

Yeah....GO NINNERS!

...whover they are.

mikeak

Reaction score
A coach that is respectful of his opponents, coaches, the league and the game as a whole would have started the post-Superbowl press conference with accepting full blame for having two weeks to get ready and start with an illegal formation penalty.....

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Harbaugh coaches the Hawks' rivals and has made himself an easy target. It's not like anyone has to dig too hard to find material to pitch him shit over.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":zedsu0h5 said:
NinerLifer":zedsu0h5 said:
Harbaugh can act any way he wants...winning is winning!
Until his act wears thin with the team and they start losing!

True, but in his two years on the team he has taken them to the NFCCG consecutively, and a SB appearance.

He can act any way he wants! ;)

Decimation

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3053kqp0 said:
Sports Hernia":3053kqp0 said:
NinerLifer":3053kqp0 said:
Harbaugh can act any way he wants...winning is winning!
Until his act wears thin with the team and they start losing!

True, but in his two years on the team he has taken them to the NFCCG consecutively, and a SB appearance.

He can act any way he wants! ;)
Correct. But when he arrived, that roster was stocked with talent.

Pete arrived with a bad roster filled with washed up veterans. He and John literally rebuilt the whole roster in 3 years with home run drafts. Now that's money.

Latest posts