Gary Payton is a HOF Finalist

chris98251

Reaction score
He will not go in if it's not as a Supersonic, he stated that when the Sonics were stolen away.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":vxon96w2 said:
He will not go in if it's not as a Supersonic, he stated that when the Sonics were stolen away.

Damn it. You ruined my joke! I was wondering if he was going in as a Laker, Celtic, Heat or Thunder.

Love GP though. Remember him all the way back from his days at Oregon State and I liked him in Seattle. Should be a shoe in for the HOF I would think.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Also Spencer Haywood is up too, we could Seattle this bitch out this year!

chris98251

Reaction score
Haywood was Seattles first Superstar and first major contoversy. He was a good player but not notable as far as career. Got lost in the what about me things and jumping leagues and then his skills eroded and got injured and never was the same if I remember. Butch Beard, Walt Hazzard of that time and were on the Sonics as well were better long term players. Then there was a guy named Lenny Wilkens who coached and played here who was pretty damn good for his era.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Spencer Haywood was the original Shawn Kemp. So much talent it just made you sick. But then when it was his time to explode and become the best player in the league, other issues took over. Kemp was on the brink. He was RIGHT THERE and fell apart. Same with Spencer.

Interesting fact. Spencer had an extra knuckle on each finger. Look at a picture of him palming the ball. It looks funky, but it was one reason he was such a great rebounder. I know baseball pitchers dream of having an extra section of their finger for throwing breaking pitches. :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah Spencer could literally grab a ball one handed out of the air be it rebound or pass and grip it like a receiver with a one handed catch without using his body.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
The Glove HAS to be a shoe in, I mean...COME ON. Gary Payton!

Also, I heard if he gets the nod he's rocking all Sonics gear.

Msfann

Reaction score
It would be cool to see them raise a banner at the clink or safeco field for him if he makes it into the hall, until the new arena is built. Or key arena when a new team moves in temporarily.

Maybe not safeco since the mariners are being horses behinds (just keeping the language clean here)about all this arena stuff.