Jim Harbaugh Style

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Bobby Knight was also a great coach. He also was a complete butthole that had no class, no respect for others, and treated anybody who dare ask him a question to threats of violence. The guy is a POS. So is Harbaugh. They are two of a kind. So no... not questioning their coaching ability. Just their character. They are both jerks of the highest order and no... I wouldn't want to vote for a team with them as my coach. I'd do anything I could to have Harbaugh run out of town if the Hawks ever hired him.

I've done similar with the Mariners. They are my team. They always will be. But I have vowed not to spend another penny on that team until Howard Lincoln and Chuck Armstrong are shown the door. I didn't watch or attend a Mariners game for the last two seasons because of those two buffoons. I still hope the players do well, I hope Eric Wedge does well. I hope Jack Z. does well. But I won't support the team. I speak with my wallet. If Harbaugh were the Hawk's coach I'd stop buying merchandise, wouldn't pay for NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. I'd wish the team well, but I'd be happy to wait it out until he was removed as coach.

49ers fans are typically as arrogant and ridiculous as Harbaugh though from my experience, so it's a good match. Just as it was for Bob Knight in Indiana, because the people are so ridiculously over the top about hoops there that they let anything slide if you win. Basketball is bigger than God in Indiana, so Bob Knight got a free pass. San Francisco is so desperate to win that they accept Harbaugh's antics.

There is a time when the fans wouldn't though. Their coaches were lowkey and they liked them that way. Walsh and then Seifert were as low key as you could get. Both very calm teachers. Harbaugh wouldn't have been considered for the head coaching job in that era. But after having Singletary and his antics, I think the team put aside their typical attempts at meeting all expectations for excellence in a coach and just picked a guy that would likely win, no matter what a complete jackass he is.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
SharkHawk":wwj3l04u said:
Bobby Knight was also a great coach. He also was a complete butthole that had no class, no respect for others, and treated anybody who dare ask him a question to threats of violence. The guy is a POS. So is Harbaugh. They are two of a kind. So no... not questioning their coaching ability. Just their character. They are both jerks of the highest order and no... I wouldn't want to vote for a team with them as my coach. I'd do anything I could to have Harbaugh run out of town if the Hawks ever hired him.

I've done similar with the Mariners. They are my team. They always will be. But I have vowed not to spend another penny on that team until Howard Lincoln and Chuck Armstrong are shown the door. I didn't watch or attend a Mariners game for the last two seasons because of those two buffoons. I still hope the players do well, I hope Eric Wedge does well. I hope Jack Z. does well. But I won't support the team. I speak with my wallet. If Harbaugh were the Hawk's coach I'd stop buying merchandise, wouldn't pay for NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. I'd wish the team well, but I'd be happy to wait it out until he was removed as coach.

49ers fans are typically as arrogant and ridiculous as Harbaugh though from my experience, so it's a good match. Just as it was for Bob Knight in Indiana, because the people are so ridiculously over the top about hoops there that they let anything slide if you win. Basketball is bigger than God in Indiana, so Bob Knight got a free pass. San Francisco is so desperate to win that they accept Harbaugh's antics.

There is a time when the fans wouldn't though. Their coaches were lowkey and they liked them that way. Walsh and then Seifert were as low key as you could get. Both very calm teachers. Harbaugh wouldn't have been considered for the head coaching job in that era. But after having Singletary and his antics, I think the team put aside their typical attempts at meeting all expectations for excellence in a coach and just picked a guy that would likely win, no matter what a complete jackass he is.

It's funny how you mention being arrogant. After 1 decent season quite a few of the members on here are what I would describe as arrogant as well. If your team continues to win more than lose in future seasons, I imagine that you all will become what you hate in some of the Niner fans that you have come across back in the day.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
NinerLifer":28rkvrlv said:
SharkHawk":28rkvrlv said:

It's funny how you mention being arrogant. After 1 decent season quite a few of the members on here are what I would describe as arrogant as well. If your team continues to win more than lose in future seasons, I imagine that you all will become what you hate in some of the Niner fans that you have come across back in the day.

If you don't like it feel free to leave.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Ninerlifer - It's not really helping your argument to keep bringing up the fact SF beat Atlanta, because they didn't walk away with the trophy. 31 teams failed this year, including the niners. As far as the Seahawks v. Niners discussion, it's pretty obvious both teams are very good, but just like I was sweating the niners last year because they were the better team at that point, you'll be sweating the Seahawks this season. You're sweating them now and it's February.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1ulqzfh0 said:
SharkHawk":1ulqzfh0 said:

1 decent season? Compare division titles in the NFC West between our two organizations since we joined in 2002. We have 5 division titles to your 3. We had as many regular season wins as you did this year. Did you happen to notice that little nugget? Compare our team's records since we joined the NFC west. Head to head and overall. Go for it. Then tell us we've had "one decent season". What a moronic thing to say.

There's a door. It's called the "logout" button. Feel free to use it if you don't like our "attitude" on a Seahawks board and for being excited that we've been even or better than you consistently for the last 11 seasons since joining the NFC West. Go hang out on a 49ers board and you can all snuggle up to Harbitch all you want. He's a douche bag. There... that's my attitude and I support the Seahawks. You support a different team. Go talk about how great they are with others who agree with you. I think they are a stupid organization that has hired more bad coaches than they know what to do with since Walsh left. We've clearly been the superior team over the last 10 seasons. Clearly. You know it is true. You've had two good seasons while we rebuilt, and as we rebuilt again this year we still pulled out as many wins as you did. We don't need to get "an attitude", we just need to state facts, and the facts show that the Hawks have been better in this division than the niners have been since the day we joined. Facts win.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
NinerLifer":35pda7xv said:
SharkHawk":35pda7xv said:

You can avoid this site if you wanted. We cannot avoid Jim Harbitch.

And don't get anyone started about arrogant fans squaking after a single good season. As a season ticket holder, I didn't even know what a 49er fan looked liked up until 2 years ago. Now they're everywhere barking about their 5 titles.

Latest posts