Lol, Sherman wants us to get Woodson

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Blitzer88":13ycx6pn said:
I would love to add Woodson. Have him and Kam playing safety and move Earl to the slot on certain plays or move Charles down to the slot and go from there.

I think Woodson if affordable would be sweet, however I'm really not a fan of moving Earl to the slot anymore then 4 or 5 plays a game, he's a pro-bowl first team All Pro Safety, I'm sure he could move to the slot occasionally and play well, but its just not necessary, he's the best in the league at where he is now, why mess with that.

EDIT; I know I'll prob get flamed for this, because everyone seems to love this idea, I just had to say it. Voice of dissent and all!

SirTed

Reaction score
HawksSoc":34zfjbs8 said:
Blitzer88":34zfjbs8 said:
I would love to add Woodson. Have him and Kam playing safety and move Earl to the slot on certain plays or move Charles down to the slot and go from there.

I think Woodson if affordable would be sweet, however I'm really not a fan of moving Earl to the slot anymore then 4 or 5 plays a game, he's a pro-bowl first team All Pro Safety, I'm sure he could move to the slot occasionally and play well, but its just not necessary, he's the best in the league at where he is now, why mess with that.

EDIT; I know I'll prob get flamed for this, because everyone seems to love this idea, I just had to say it. Voice of dissent and all!

Not at all.

If we picked up Woodson, (and it were up to me) I wouldn't change Earl's role at all. The guy is an elite FS that allows the Seahawks to play press cover one. Woodson is a gambler (albeit a pretty good one) and would be more suited for the slot or playing the middle of the field.

I love the idea though (for the right price and the right years).

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Realistically speaking...how many years does a 36 year old DB have left in him? Considering his injury problems over the past few years the Seahawks would be better off finding someone in the draft to train up and mold into shape to fit the team.

SirTed

Reaction score
Bakergirl":2epbpczd said:
Realistically speaking...how many years does a 36 year old DB have left in him? Considering his injury problems over the past few years the Seahawks would be better off finding someone in the draft to train up and mold into shape to fit the team.

No reason you couldn't do both, in fact the Hawks might be better off that way. If they took a guy in the 4-7th round that they felt physically fit the mold, it would give him 1 year, maybe to to get his legs under him. Winston Guy wasn't ready this year, they love the guy but maybe he'll be ready next. Same thing.

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Woodson in the nickle defense will be WAY better than Trufant (in that position).

Thank You Richard Sherman for extending the invitation.

This man would be the PERFECT addition to the LOB!

Greenhell

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":into10jn said:
If all he cares about is the ring, he might be willing to sign for HALF of what he could get elsewhere with us. I'd take him in a heartbeat for the nickel, if he thinks he can play it well. There's no way we're putting him in Browner's spot.

He'd be a big improvement over Tru. Id pull the trigger no doubt.

chris98251

Reaction score
Woodson is a first rounder with Shermans attitude and abilitys when he was younger. I can see where Sherm likes the guy.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":3tusu7n6 said:
Woodson is a first rounder with Shermans attitude and abilitys when he was younger. I can see where Sherm likes the guy.

I think you've got some revisionist history in your head. Charles Woodson wasn't even a starter until his 4th year in the league, and he didn't break double digits in passes defended until his 9th year. Arguably, Sherman's 2nd year is equal to or better than Woodson's best year. Take a look, you tell me.

http://www.nfl.com/player/charleswoodso ... 97/profile
http://www.nfl.com/player/richardsherma ... 07/profile

I'm not disparaging Woodson, but assuming Sherman keeps pace with his 2012 performance or gets better, it's no contest which is the better CB.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawksfan78":2vrlyblo said:
That would be awesome!!!! Thomas proved he could play slot at the ProBowl

Meaning Woodson plays one high?! Y'all need to share whatever you're smoking.

checkdanews

Reaction score
Woodson has already been quoted to saying that he doesn’t care about cash at this point in his career, he tasted success before, and wants it again…he wants another ring, and wants to sign with a contender.

Freeney is prob in the same boat, didn’t he sign like a 70mill contract with indy at some point? He only has so much time left, and has 1 bowl ring already, I bet he wants another one.

bill belichick always brings in veterans right at the end of there career, and they always end up producing for him, I have no doubt that Woodson would be a extremely awesome signing to play nickel back 15-30 plays a game.

Not sure about Dwight, but they would also be extremely valuable to our young players, I honestly don’t think Clem is really teaching Bruce much, he doesn’t seem like that kind of guy, even when celebrating sacks it seems they don’t like eachother, and Dwight has some moves that are built for speed that really might help Bruce in a way Clem couldn’t. You ever seen Clem in a interview? Not exactly a ray of sunshine lol...but i love that in D-linemen...anywhoot

Woodson I’m sure could even teach Sherm a thing or two, along with lane and our other young db’s….Youth is awesome, but its always good to sprinkle some vets in there, and with Hill, and Trufant prob gone…id like both these moves

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Two broken collarbones on a DB that'd be playing for a smashmouth defense that likes to put licks on guys? I don't think he'd last.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1n5yt275 said:
chris98251":1n5yt275 said:

I think you've got some revisionist history in your head. Charles Woodson wasn't even a starter until his 4th year in the league, and he didn't break double digits in passes defended until his 9th year. Arguably, Sherman's 2nd year is equal to or better than Woodson's best year. Take a look, you tell me.

http://www.nfl.com/player/charleswoodso ... 97/profile
http://www.nfl.com/player/richardsherma ... 07/profile

I'm not disparaging Woodson, but assuming Sherman keeps pace with his 2012 performance or gets better, it's no contest which is the better CB.

I'm more talking out of college, Woodson was suppose to be all that and stated it many times.

Here's an portion of his career the first couple of seasons. From Wiki

After Woodson's first season in the NFL he was named The NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year by the Associated Press. He started all sixteen games, becoming the first rookie Raider since 1971 to do so. Woodson had 64 tackles that season, leading the NFL for defensive backs. He was third in the league in interceptions with five and recorded one interception return for a touchdown as well as one forced fumble.[12] Woodson was named to his first Pro Bowl. In his second season in 1999, Woodson was selected to his second Pro Bowl and was named All-Pro by the Associated Press.[2]

I guess I don't have a clue................................

In the event your going to argue Wiki isn't accurate.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WoodCh00.htm

Supports his talent starts and stats from his rookie year on out.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Interesting, his stats are missing from the first 3 years on the official NFL website. My bad, but not my fault, lol. Click the link above in my post if you don't believe me! Buncha hyphens...In any case, on Pro Football Reference, they've got him for 0 passes defended in his first 3 years. How the hell did he get defensive rookie of the year? 5 ints is good for a rookie, but Sherman had four in only 10 games in his rookie year, and seventeen passes defended in 10 games compared to 0 in Woodson's first three seasons, according to PFR.

I'd say no matter how you cut it, Sherman's smoking Woodson compared against the same points in their careers. How do you argue otherwise, again?

Oh, right...Woodson was drafted in round 1, compared to Sherman's round 5. Clearly, that determines who's elite.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2cgynngy said:
Interesting, his stats are missing from the first 3 years on the official NFL website. My bad, but not my fault, lol. Click the link above in my post if you don't believe me! Buncha hyphens...In any case, on Pro Football Reference, they've got him for 0 passes defended in his first 3 years. How the hell did he get defensive rookie of the year? 5 ints is good for a rookie, but Sherman had four in only 10 games in his rookie year, and seventeen passes defended in 10 games compared to 0 in Woodson's first three seasons, according to PFR.

I'd say no matter how you cut it, Sherman's smoking Woodson compared against the same points in their careers. How do you argue otherwise, again?

Oh, right...Woodson was drafted in round 1, compared to Sherman's round 5. Clearly, that determines who's elite.

Those stats are wrong. At least when you compare them to his stats via ESPN player page.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... es-woodson

Sherman is still smoking him though.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jesus, there are a lot of discrepancies with Charles Woodson's stats. What the hell gives? Either way, like you said, Sherman's smoking him. Hell, can somebody name a CB that has had a better first two years than Sherman? I'm not saying there aren't any, but I want to know who they are.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3bgja6sa said:
Jesus, there are a lot of discrepancies with Charles Woodson's stats. What the hell gives? Either way, like you said, Sherman's smoking him. Hell, can somebody name a CB that has had a better first two years than Sherman? I'm not saying there aren't any, but I want to know who they are.

I just looked up Revis first two years and it looks like Sherman has him beat as well. The exciting thing is that Revis made a huge jump in his 3rd year. That doesn't mean Sherman will make the same jump or even needs to but I think Sherman deserves every bit of praise he is getting.

This is still my favorite .gif I have ever made. I love the way he runs the route for him and intercepts it. AJ Green is awesome too.

33975_ShermanInterception2.gif

pehawk

Reaction score
Bigtrain, that clip is just epic. It's textbook. For real, a good CB borders on art at times. That play is art.

garydrake425

Reaction score
One of my favs from last year. I like how he kinda boxed him out while locating the ball then made the play on it. Sherm was physical but not to physical that it would draw a flag. We all we got we all we need. GO HAWKS!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Not saying whose better as more a long the line of kindred spirits that have a lot of the same atributes for their games and how they used to talk it up as far as Woodson goes, hell he was a Raider it is part of their DNA. Sherman has come on like a Fox in a Hen House as far as chewing up the competition. Woodson just backed up his draft status.