I think Woodson and Freeney would BOTH be awesome pickups!!

Paschtorian

Reaction score
I realize both are "on the back-nine of their careers",....

...but think about the experience they both could share with our (incredibly) young team.

With the new crop of draftees brought-in by the Seahawks' (weirdly insightful) front office,....

....this team is well-on-its-way to a (no s#&t) dynasty (in the 21st century).

zayden185

Reaction score
Was thinking same thing about Woodson...give him 3 years, not that he will stay healthy that lo g, just a hired gun. He just gets balls out...need that and not rely on interceptions

zayden185

Reaction score
I'd take freeney as well...have space and let them go after Super Bowl win or two. Have $ to sign core after their rookie contracts run out

Spokane

Reaction score
Yes and yes! Their talent would heavily out weight the price tag that JS and PC would offer up.

OP
OP
P

Paschtorian

Reaction score
I'd offer both a 2-year deal.

Decent money (with incentives).

They'll BOTH jump at that deal.

Cartire

Reaction score
To expensive for backups. They won't be starters, but will expect allpro starter cash. Nope. Not worth it.

Veilside

Reaction score
Cartire":3etqbof5 said:
To expensive for backups. They won't be starters, but will expect allpro starter cash. Nope. Not worth it.

I think they are at the point where they just want a another ring and want to play on a contender. I doubt they'd expect that much.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Nah. Redskins are hesitant to give Orakpo an extension right now; trade for him and sign George Wilson. Cheaper, younger, more effective solution. You're all welcome. Man, I'm great.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'd avoid the aging vetran route. Why not continue the youth movement.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mods, can we start a ageing to expensive veteran thread to put all these ideas in that are going to be popping up thru March 12th?

checkdanews

Reaction score
Woodson would be a awesome nickel back, only playing those 15-30 plays a game would keep him healthy, obviously Sherman agree's, and he already stated that he is more worried about another ring, no $$$.

When it comes to Freeny I have a feeling its probably the same deal, he probably wants a ring, he has made enough cash. Add in Clemons injurys, we won't see him for awhile, and the fact that we only have Bruce(who will be starting his 2nd season) and prob some talent from the draft, Freeny would be beyond valuable to our pass rush...far beyond just playing...he could teach Bruce things Clemons just couldn't

chris98251

Reaction score
There was a reason he played safety, he has lost a step and isn't as quick.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Yes on Freeney (for the R$ght deal)
No on Woodson.

We can find a nickel back in the draft or already on our roster. why spend the unnecessary money.

Now Freeney would be a great fit. a 1 or 2 year rent a player that would be the ideal tutor for Irvin.

The draft is another possibility,

pinksheets

Reaction score
chris98251":2ykt05oo said:
There was a reason he played safety, he has lost a step and isn't as quick.
Yeah, from what I've heard from GB fans he wouldn't do well as our nickel corner.

hawks02

Reaction score
checkdanews":3pxr4ofl said:
Woodson would be a awesome nickel back, only playing those 15-30 plays a game would keep him healthy, obviously Sherman agree's, and he already stated that he is more worried about another ring, no $$$.

When it comes to Freeny I have a feeling its probably the same deal, he probably wants a ring, he has made enough cash. Add in Clemons injurys, we won't see him for awhile, and the fact that we only have Bruce(who will be starting his 2nd season) and prob some talent from the draft, Freeny would be beyond valuable to our pass rush...far beyond just playing...he could teach Bruce things Clemons just couldn't

Seriously??? Woodson would be awesome as a nickelback? The old broke down guy is going to cover the slot receiver. . . . . the shiftiest guy on the field. Probably not the best idea. Did you not watch Trufant all season long get burnt regularly? There is a reason GB moved Woodson to safety. He's old, he's lost many steps, and you can't expect him to routinely cover the quickest guys on the field in man coverage.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Woodson has broken his collarbone twice in the last 18 months, we might as well resign Trufant so I'd pass. You could talk to me about Freeney, that would be buying low.

Harperville

Reaction score
Woodson's best value is at safety. We don't need help at safety. He'll go cheap to a team like New England.