Roger Godell made $29.49 million in 2011

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Roger Godell made $29.49 million in 2011
Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:35 pm
  • I think a few players might be annoyed by that.

I am too, mainly because I really hate ole inconsistent east coast Rog.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

• He works for the owners. The players have nothing to do with it. Personally, i'll never complain about how much somebody makes. If there's somebody willing to pay it, then good for him.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I'm not huge fan of Goodell, but the man runs a Multi-Billion dollar company. How much do you think he's going to make? 100,000? I mean let's be serious here. People are paid commiserate to their value. The NFL has a very high value and he's basically the CEO. He's going to make bank, and so will the next guy and the guy after that, as long as the league remains as successful as it is.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• To JSeahawks- Of course it has nothing to do with the players, but I highly doubt they view it that way. More my point there. I'm annoyed they are paying him that much. It's mostly irrational of course. I should probably be just as annoyed when players make huge sums of money too by that logic.

To Kidhawk- Since when does thinking 30 million is an awful lot equal thinking he should make waaaaaay less. Obviously it's just hyperbole but c'mon. Part of it is that is was the lockout year when he took his ole $1 salary thing. I mean every knew it was more of just a gesture and he'd do just fine, but still, 30 million? That's the biggest thing.

I don't know the going rate of CEO's these days and I'm sure plenty make a hell of a lot more than him, but it strikes me as funny to see him make that much in the lockout year. He made about 11 million the previous year.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

• Ain't bad for a clown
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

• I mean i'm sure this is all in "The best intrest of the league" as he loves to say.

Damn hypocrite
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

• I smelled something funny, so I clicked on this thread. I then realized that funny smell was the jealousy of bitter people who want to be millionaires.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:I smelled something funny, so I clicked on this thread. I then realized that funny smell was the jealousy of bitter people who want to be millionaires.

If that guy making $29 million a year is Roger Goodell, then yes.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Oh he's just making up for what he didn't make last year. $1 my ass Roger Goo2hell.
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

• Personally I don't like the MF... but obviously his 32 bosses must love him... hey, if your board of directors incentivised you with a $30 million dollar salary+bonus to do what they wanted you to do... would you? Would you give a flying sh!t what the public thought of you? Would you let anything (baring anything significantly illegal) get in your way of accomplishing their directive?

Not me folks!

"Everyone hath a plan... until they get punthed in the fathe." -- Mike Tython on the 2014 Theattle Theahawkth.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

• He must be getting ready to make a splash in free agency.

:lol:
    No last minute heroics will be needed this time.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• garydrake425 wrote:Oh he's just making up for what he didn't make last year. $1 my ass Roger Goo2hell.

Uh, he only said he'd do that if we missed any real football. We didn't.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• That's $20millions too many. I would pay him $5 millions/year.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• I see the CEO analogy being brought up a lot. Do we really think this guy is as crucial to the NFL's success as, say, Bezos is to Amazon's?

I don't really have an issue with Goodell and think he's mostly unfairly maligned. He's nowhere near as bad as the guy running the NBA, but I'm just skeptical about how much value he personally adds to the NFL over the best alternative.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• DavidSeven wrote:I see the CEO analogy being brought up a lot. Do we really think this guy is as crucial to the NFL's success as, say, Bezos is to Amazon's?

I don't really have an issue with Goodell and think he's mostly unfairly maligned. He's nowhere near as bad as the guy running the NBA, but I'm just skeptical about how much value he personally adds to the NFL over the best alternative.

The thing is, it doesn't really matter what fans think he's worth. Look at any corporation that is valued where the NFL is valued and find out how much they pay the guy running their business, and I'm sure you'll find that $29 million isn't nearly as much as it sounds, especially when you figure in the fact that these guys are likely pulling in a lot of stock options along with their salaries. The important thing is what the 32 owners feel he's worth, and like him or not, the owners pay him what they believe he is worth.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• And we wondered where the money from the fines went...
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• So basically every team pays him $1million for his job of making them part of the most profitable professional league in this country and for being in charge of making their teams increase in value hundreds of millions over the past few years........

I have no problem with the commissioner of the NFL making that much. Doesn't mean I like him / dislike him just saying that the salary is in my mind ok for his job when I break it down on a per team cost.......
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• joeseahawks wrote:That's $20millions too many. I would pay him $5 millions/year.

$1 would be too much for the d-bag that is Rog Goodell!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• RolandDeschain wrote:I smelled something funny, so I clicked on this thread. I then realized that funny smell was the jealousy of bitter people who want to be millionaires.

That's pretty rich coming from the guy that is jealous of what the average American union worker makes!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sports Hernia wrote:That's pretty rich coming from the guy that is jealous of what the average American union worker makes!

Lol - I'm not sure what the average American union worker makes, but am I jealous of someone making 6 figures doing a job you can spend a month training any average high school graduate to do for $13/hr? Yes. I'd love to make triple what I do now for the same job. Who wouldn't? EVERYONE would take a 300% raise overnight for the same thing they're doing now. That doesn't mean I think it's right, or ethical, or sustainable. Do you want the guy making your burger at McDonald's to make $30/hr? Also, I had the opportunity to be a King County Metro bus driver, but I declined it. (A little over 8 years ago.) I was invited to the training program after an interview, but ended up taking my current job, instead.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information