Do we win SBXL with Wilson as the QB?

HUGGY

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":mbpzc498 said:
It's amazing how clear 20/20 hindsight can be!! :shock:

It's amazing how we hang on to mythology we believed at the time. All we ever talk about is how we got burned by the officiating. A couple of questionable calls and we would have won...blah ...blah...blah...

It's nice to have a video of the whole game we can play back and forth to really look hard and clearly as to what occured. It was a shock to me to watch the game and as the OP questions...would RW have done any better? Our defense was great for that game from what I saw so far in the first qtr. Pittsburg's DB's sucked. Their offense sucked. 2.. 3 and outs in the first half of the first qtr. Wilson would have shreded them like we played SF in Seattle.

My memory does not recall how badly Hasselbeck was throwing the ball as the game began.

Ya... it's 20/20 hindsight but it is what it is without me sitting there in front of the TV desperately wanting success.

The truth is that Matt was TRYING to push the ball downfield but he was not getting the job done. Pittsburg was on it's heals and our QB couldn't put his foot on their throats and score. Being a grade A Homer I just didn't see it at the time. I do find it interesting to look back on the game with a clearer perspective.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
volsunghawk":octnw84q said:
Who do the Steelers get to change out?
No one. They had their "penalty flag defense" in top form that day, They were not going to let Pissburgh leave Detroit without the Lombardi!