Lol, Sherman wants us to get Woodson

red17hawk

Reaction score
Not much to add, except this tweet from earlier today.

Lance Allan ‏@lanceallan

Keep hearing #Patriots are front runners for the services of Charles Woodson. #Seahawks & #Ravens in the mix. #Texans a little farther back

Retweeted by Curtis Crabtree

DJrmb

Reaction score
Woodson would be a good fit I think. But instead of moving Earl around move Chancellor. I know Woodson isn't the big hitter SS type but he has always been noted as a sure/good tackler and would be much better in coverages. You could move Kam down closer to the line for nickel/dime plays putting him in an OLB spot a few times a game. I don't think Sherman would have to worry about his over the top help then with Earl and Woodson behind him

He may get hurt a lot (especially recently) but don't let anyone fool you into thinking he isn't physical...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rs-charles-woodsons-return-brings-physicality

zayden185

Reaction score
HawkGA":2rew51f8 said:
I doubt it will happen. Probably depends on whether he wants to take one more run at a ring or get one final payday. I'm guessing he wouldn't be getting a payday from Seattle.

Money talks

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
zayden185":36bzqze4 said:
Money talks

Yeah, but the alternative isn't BS to walk, it's another ring. There are more than a few players that want the ring more than the money; or that want their ego appeased by being in Canton one day, and multiple rings makes that a fair deal more likely if they're a pretty good player.

DJrmb

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1c0dvq3w said:
zayden185":1c0dvq3w said:
Money talks

Yeah, but the alternative isn't BS to walk, it's another ring. There are more than a few players that want the ring more than the money; or that want their ego appeased by being in Canton one day, and multiple rings makes that a fair deal more likely if they're a pretty good player.

Woodson has already stated money isn't a concern, he just wants to win...

canucklhead

Reaction score
Having flashbacks to when the Giants brought in that old Cowboy Everson Walls in the 1990 season and all he did was bring experience, savvy, and some big plays that helped galvanize the DBack corps on a team that went on to win a Super Bowl.

The parallel is not exact, as Walls was really at the end of his career....but even guys on their last leg, if they are cagey enough, can make plays that lead to success. Some guys are just ballplayers...Woodson is one of those guys.