NFC West predictions for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I see the thread on the homer for the niners and of course, we are Seahawks fans and I am sure totally avoiding homerism is a pipe dream. All the same, realistically as you can, how do you think the division goes this upcoming season?

This is my take:

Seahawks 11-5
Rams 11-5
49ers 10-6
Cardinals 8-8

Now I know that's a hell of a lot of wins and no more wins for us than this year. I account for it in that, obviously this division is MUCH tougher than it has been in a long time, and I think those division wins, even against Arizona are not gonan come easy. I think we also have to face the very real possibilities of injuries. We lucked out this year, but injuries happen and I'd be satisfied with 11-5.

Arizona has cap issues, and quarterback issues, but if he can stay healthy I think Kolb is a good QB. He may not be the franchise guy they'd hoped him to be, but I thin he can be a good game manager and they can win with him. I expect them to improve but not necessarily contend.

The Rams showed what kind of team they are gonna be under Fisher that last game with us. They are contenders and Fisher is for real, do not overlook this team, I think they will be markedly improved and I believe they will be ultimately a better team than San Francisco. I honestly believe we have more to fear from this team then the niners.

San Francisco will come back hard, but I think the Harby thing is on the decline. They have a great team, nobody could deny it but I think as they are older and have more cap issues, they will still give us a tough bunch of competition, but I fully expect them to fall to third place, if only by a hair's margin.

I think this will be a great year for the NFC west and I think we'll get both wildcard teams, but then that's why they play the games.

(I realize I'm not an X and Os genius and realistic from fans is a stretch, but I seriously think our divisin's glory days are coming and soon!)

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Why do you think the "Harby thing is on the decline"? First season he takes us to the NFCCG, followed by an appearance in the SB his second season. Opening day there will be a ceremony presenting the NFC Championship trophy in front of the fans who I am sure won't agree with you.

With 2 consecutive seasons of not only being contenders, but improving contenders, there are no indications of a decline...but the contrary in fact.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
When the goings good Hardouche does good. When the goings bad Hardouche does bad.

Simple really. It all boils down to lack of character.

kearly

Reaction score
Seahawks 14-2
49ers 11-5
Rams 9-7
Cardinals 3-13

No "23-0" for Seattle this year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
According to a Rams fan coworker of mine who doesn't like the Seahawks or the 49ers for obvious reasons, but is a big NFL fan, Wilson is the real deal and the jury is still out on Kaepernick. Gotta love having an unbiased (or rather, equally biased against both sides) NFL fan to consult on these things with. Every time I think I might be getting a little homer-tastic, I check in with him and he usually, but not always, agrees with me.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Hawks 12-4
Rams 10-6
9ers 10-6
Cards 6-10

Kaepernick, for all the hype, hasn't shown he can win games when the read option is taken away. He doesn't spread the ball around like successful QBs he zeroed in on Crabtree to the point Crabs was targeted twice as much as any other receiver in the NFL. Doesn't matter how good his arm is if he doesn't go through his progressions and take some pressure off his no1. It killed him at Seattle, and for half of the Superbowl. He will get game planned out, especially in the defense heavy NFC West.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Lady Talon":maa2ikaw said:
Hawks 12-4
Rams 10-6
9ers 10-6
Cards 6-10

Kaepernick, for all the hype, hasn't shown he can win games when the read option is taken away. He doesn't spread the ball around like successful QBs he zeroed in on Crabtree to the point Crabs was targeted twice as much as any other receiver in the NFL. Doesn't matter how good his arm is if he doesn't go through his progressions and take some pressure off his no1. It killed him at Seattle, and for half of the Superbowl. He will get game planned out, especially in the defense heavy NFC West.

Did you watch the NFC Championship? Just to name one...

JonRud

Reaction score
The OP has too many wins for the division. 40-24 with 3 playoff teams? No way. And the Rams are not winning any 11 games with 4 games to play vs. Sea & SF.

Seahawks 12-4
49ers 10-6
Rams 7-9
Cards 4-12

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1tuxlllh said:
Why do you think the "Harby thing is on the decline"? First season he takes us to the NFCCG, followed by an appearance in the SB his second season. Opening day there will be a ceremony presenting the NFC Championship trophy in front of the fans who I am sure won't agree with you.

With 2 consecutive seasons of not only being contenders, but improving contenders, there are no indications of a decline...but the contrary in fact.

Well lets see, he whines like a bitch about officiating (did someone mention character?), and he blocks coaches from interviewing for other jobs. Remember as well the Richard Sherman thing? Not letting Sherman play so Sherman took up defense to get on the field, remember that? The kind of guy who does this is gonna do it to other players in the NFL. Look at Alex Smith, he had such faith in him, but what happened?

Yes you went to the Superbowl, but you lost, and won't be back next year, and if you like I'll make a nice wager on that with you (custom sig kind of thing, no money of course as it's against the AUP and I really have none to spare anyway). The Superbowl hangover is a lot more likely than a Russell Wilson sophomore slump IMO, but we shall see.

Still that character thing; it will be the end of Harby eventually,. The guy is a self serving ass, and eventually enough guys are gonna end up pissed at him and team chemistry will suffer. Marker my words, Harby is "in decline" may be slow, may end up taking some significant amount of time, but it will come, believe that.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Superbowl hangover's are more of an issue to the winner (see Giants last year). A lot of your members were wanting the Niners to win because that way we could possibly fall victim to a hangover. Losing tends to make teams hungrier. Both the Ravens and Niners lost in their respective Championship games last year, and both made it back and won them this year. The fact the Niners lost the SB will drive and motivate them to work even harder to get back there.

The NFCW would have been easier for you guys if we had won. And I imagine that it is one of the reasons why analysts are already calling us favorites to win it this year.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Naw you guys won't be back. I doubt you make the NFC championship. And Kaep, I know y'all think he's great, but that's gonna be short lived, just you wait and see. :mrgreen:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1x32z7t5 said:
Superbowl hangover's are more of an issue to the winner (see Giants last year). A lot of your members were wanting the Niners to win because that way we could possibly fall victim to a hangover. Losing tends to make teams hungrier. Both the Ravens and Niners lost in their respective Championship games last year, and both made it back and won them this year. The fact the Niners lost the SB will drive and motivate them to work even harder to get back there.

The NFCW would have been easier for you guys if we had won. And I imagine that it is one of the reasons why analysts are already calling us favorites to win it this year.
A lot? Kearly and a handful of others? No Seahawks fan in their right mind wanted the Niners to win. That's Ludacris!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3i037n23 said:
A lot of your members were wanting the Niners to win because that way we could possibly fall victim to a hangover.

Uh, that was almost only one guy. Kearly. We also had a huge thread bashing him for it in the shack, lol. Wanting to get there and have you lose is one thing, get there and win is another altogether.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
-The Glove-":19hit144 said:
NinerLifer":19hit144 said:

A lot? Kearly and a handful of others? No Seahawks fan in their right mind wanted the Niners to win. That's Ludacris!

Yeah, it is pretty preposterous; I'd be happy if your team never won another game in the existence of the franchise lifer, perfectly happy with that. I realize that's not gonna happen, but you're not gonna find many Seahawks fans to ever root for your team under any circumstances. Of the four NFC west teams, I can almost personally guarantee, Seahawks fans, on the whole, hate your team the most, and I doubt if it's even close.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1gmffefb said:
NinerLifer":1gmffefb said:

I just remember when I was reading your threads before the SB, there were quite a few that agreed that they wanted the Niners to win so a possible hangover would benefit you guys next season. However "a lot" is relative as what is "a lot" of Seahawks fans wanting the Niners to win is I imagine quite more than what it is to me, as I didn't expect to see any of you want them to win.

hawker84

Reaction score
for those of you thinking the niners are going anywhere any time soon, or Kap is going to have a sophomore slump, that's just wishful thinking i'm afraid.. they have the most pics in the draft in our division, they are returning the majority of their starters, they are still young and will get younger via the draft.. Kap is an amazing athelete, and QB who will only improve having a full offseason with the 1's.. they have some issues to address , mainly db's, depth at D Line, possibly reciever... DB's being the priority.. they have a relatively easy road schedule compared to us.

Same can be said about us.. we're returning almost all the starters, got good young players in the wings, draft and FA should sew up those problem areas next season, Pass rush, run defense, nickel position.. RW will be a monster next season, our offense should be pretty darn close to impossible to stop. we address those defensive issues, we got something brewing boys. Don't forget , we have a very tough road schedule compared to them.

rams are right there as well, defense will be stellar, i think their season rest on bradfords shoulders, they'll go as far as he'll take them.. Cards are a couple seasons away from making noise IMO. i don't think this division is a gimme by any means by either of the teams..

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2a632u22 said:
-The Glove-":2a632u22 said:
NinerLifer":2a632u22 said:

I just remember when I was reading your threads before the SB, there were quite a few that agreed that they wanted the Niners to win so a possible hangover would benefit you guys next season. However "a lot" is relative as what is "a lot" of Seahawks fans wanting the Niners to win is I imagine quite more than what it is to me, as I didn't expect to see any of you want them to win.

You remembered INCORRECTly.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
hawker84":1sc3m6xc said:
for those of you thinking the niners are going anywhere any time soon, or Kap is going to have a sophomore slump, that's just wishful thinking i'm afraid.. they have the most pics in the draft in our division, they are returning the majority of their starters, they are still young and will get younger via the draft.. Kap is an amazing athelete, and QB who will only improve having a full offseason with the 1's.. they have some issues to address , mainly db's, depth at D Line, possibly reciever... DB's being the priority.. they have a relatively easy road schedule compared to us.

Same can be said about us.. we're returning almost all the starters, got good young players in the wings, draft and FA should sew up those problem areas next season, Pass rush, run defense, nickel position.. RW will be a monster next season, our offense should be pretty darn close to impossible to stop. we address those defensive issues, we got something brewing boys. Don't forget , we have a very tough road schedule compared to them.

rams are right there as well, defense will be stellar, i think their season rest on bradfords shoulders, they'll go as far as he'll take them.. Cards are a couple seasons away from making noise IMO. i don't think this division is a gimme by any means by either of the teams..

You do make some good points, but it's more fun to mess with the niner fan. All the same, I disagree on Kaep, I think we're gonna find when teams find away to take the option, he is gonna fail. I think Kaep is not gonna be around too long. I know a lot would disagree with me, but I really do have the feeling by the end of next season, niner fans are not gonna have so much love for him.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
hawker84":17m3bn5t said:

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts