NFC West predictions for 2013

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
NFC West predictions for 2013
Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:59 pm
  • I see the thread on the homer for the niners and of course, we are Seahawks fans and I am sure totally avoiding homerism is a pipe dream. All the same, realistically as you can, how do you think the division goes this upcoming season?

This is my take:

Seahawks 11-5
    Rams 11-5
    49ers 10-6
    Cardinals 8-8

Now I know that's a hell of a lot of wins and no more wins for us than this year. I account for it in that, obviously this division is MUCH tougher than it has been in a long time, and I think those division wins, even against Arizona are not gonan come easy. I think we also have to face the very real possibilities of injuries. We lucked out this year, but injuries happen and I'd be satisfied with 11-5.

Arizona has cap issues, and quarterback issues, but if he can stay healthy I think Kolb is a good QB. He may not be the franchise guy they'd hoped him to be, but I thin he can be a good game manager and they can win with him. I expect them to improve but not necessarily contend.

The Rams showed what kind of team they are gonna be under Fisher that last game with us. They are contenders and Fisher is for real, do not overlook this team, I think they will be markedly improved and I believe they will be ultimately a better team than San Francisco. I honestly believe we have more to fear from this team then the niners.

San Francisco will come back hard, but I think the Harby thing is on the decline. They have a great team, nobody could deny it but I think as they are older and have more cap issues, they will still give us a tough bunch of competition, but I fully expect them to fall to third place, if only by a hair's margin.

I think this will be a great year for the NFC west and I think we'll get both wildcard teams, but then that's why they play the games.

(I realize I'm not an X and Os genius and realistic from fans is a stretch, but I seriously think our divisin's glory days are coming and soon!)
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Re: NFC West predictions for 2013
Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:15 pm
  • Why do you think the "Harby thing is on the decline"? First season he takes us to the NFCCG, followed by an appearance in the SB his second season. Opening day there will be a ceremony presenting the NFC Championship trophy in front of the fans who I am sure won't agree with you.

With 2 consecutive seasons of not only being contenders, but improving contenders, there are no indications of a decline...but the contrary in fact.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:26 pm
  • When the goings good Hardouche does good. When the goings bad Hardouche does bad.

Simple really. It all boils down to lack of character.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:07 pm
  • Seahawks 14-2
    49ers 11-5
    Rams 9-7
    Cardinals 3-13

No "23-0" for Seattle this year.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:11 pm
  • Seahawks 12-4
    49ers 11-5
    Rams 8-8
    Cardinals 4-12
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:28 pm
  • According to a Rams fan coworker of mine who doesn't like the Seahawks or the 49ers for obvious reasons, but is a big NFL fan, Wilson is the real deal and the jury is still out on Kaepernick. Gotta love having an unbiased (or rather, equally biased against both sides) NFL fan to consult on these things with. Every time I think I might be getting a little homer-tastic, I check in with him and he usually, but not always, agrees with me.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:48 am
  • Hawks 12-4
    Rams 10-6
    9ers 10-6
    Cards 6-10

Kaepernick, for all the hype, hasn't shown he can win games when the read option is taken away. He doesn't spread the ball around like successful QBs he zeroed in on Crabtree to the point Crabs was targeted twice as much as any other receiver in the NFL. Doesn't matter how good his arm is if he doesn't go through his progressions and take some pressure off his no1. It killed him at Seattle, and for half of the Superbowl. He will get game planned out, especially in the defense heavy NFC West.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:18 am
  • Lady Talon wrote:Hawks 12-4
    Rams 10-6
    9ers 10-6
    Cards 6-10

Kaepernick, for all the hype, hasn't shown he can win games when the read option is taken away. He doesn't spread the ball around like successful QBs he zeroed in on Crabtree to the point Crabs was targeted twice as much as any other receiver in the NFL. Doesn't matter how good his arm is if he doesn't go through his progressions and take some pressure off his no1. It killed him at Seattle, and for half of the Superbowl. He will get game planned out, especially in the defense heavy NFC West.

Did you watch the NFC Championship? Just to name one...
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:48 am
  • The OP has too many wins for the division. 40-24 with 3 playoff teams? No way. And the Rams are not winning any 11 games with 4 games to play vs. Sea & SF.

Seahawks 12-4
    49ers 10-6
    Rams 7-9
    Cards 4-12

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:24 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:Why do you think the "Harby thing is on the decline"? First season he takes us to the NFCCG, followed by an appearance in the SB his second season. Opening day there will be a ceremony presenting the NFC Championship trophy in front of the fans who I am sure won't agree with you.

With 2 consecutive seasons of not only being contenders, but improving contenders, there are no indications of a decline...but the contrary in fact.

Well lets see, he whines like a bitch about officiating (did someone mention character?), and he blocks coaches from interviewing for other jobs. Remember as well the Richard Sherman thing? Not letting Sherman play so Sherman took up defense to get on the field, remember that? The kind of guy who does this is gonna do it to other players in the NFL. Look at Alex Smith, he had such faith in him, but what happened?

Yes you went to the Superbowl, but you lost, and won't be back next year, and if you like I'll make a nice wager on that with you (custom sig kind of thing, no money of course as it's against the AUP and I really have none to spare anyway). The Superbowl hangover is a lot more likely than a Russell Wilson sophomore slump IMO, but we shall see.

Still that character thing; it will be the end of Harby eventually,. The guy is a self serving ass, and eventually enough guys are gonna end up pissed at him and team chemistry will suffer. Marker my words, Harby is "in decline" may be slow, may end up taking some significant amount of time, but it will come, believe that.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:53 am
  • Superbowl hangover's are more of an issue to the winner (see Giants last year). A lot of your members were wanting the Niners to win because that way we could possibly fall victim to a hangover. Losing tends to make teams hungrier. Both the Ravens and Niners lost in their respective Championship games last year, and both made it back and won them this year. The fact the Niners lost the SB will drive and motivate them to work even harder to get back there.

The NFCW would have been easier for you guys if we had won. And I imagine that it is one of the reasons why analysts are already calling us favorites to win it this year.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:12 am
  • Naw you guys won't be back. I doubt you make the NFC championship. And Kaep, I know y'all think he's great, but that's gonna be short lived, just you wait and see. :mrgreen:
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:15 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:Superbowl hangover's are more of an issue to the winner (see Giants last year). A lot of your members were wanting the Niners to win because that way we could possibly fall victim to a hangover. Losing tends to make teams hungrier. Both the Ravens and Niners lost in their respective Championship games last year, and both made it back and won them this year. The fact the Niners lost the SB will drive and motivate them to work even harder to get back there.

The NFCW would have been easier for you guys if we had won. And I imagine that it is one of the reasons why analysts are already calling us favorites to win it this year.

A lot? Kearly and a handful of others? No Seahawks fan in their right mind wanted the Niners to win. That's Ludacris!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:19 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:A lot of your members were wanting the Niners to win because that way we could possibly fall victim to a hangover.

Uh, that was almost only one guy. Kearly. We also had a huge thread bashing him for it in the shack, lol. Wanting to get there and have you lose is one thing, get there and win is another altogether.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:20 am
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Superbowl hangover's are more of an issue to the winner (see Giants last year). A lot of your members were wanting the Niners to win because that way we could possibly fall victim to a hangover. Losing tends to make teams hungrier. Both the Ravens and Niners lost in their respective Championship games last year, and both made it back and won them this year. The fact the Niners lost the SB will drive and motivate them to work even harder to get back there.

A lot? Kearly and a handful of others? No Seahawks fan in their right mind wanted the Niners to win. That's Ludacris!

Yeah, it is pretty preposterous; I'd be happy if your team never won another game in the existence of the franchise lifer, perfectly happy with that. I realize that's not gonna happen, but you're not gonna find many Seahawks fans to ever root for your team under any circumstances. Of the four NFC west teams, I can almost personally guarantee, Seahawks fans, on the whole, hate your team the most, and I doubt if it's even close.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:22 am
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Superbowl hangover's are more of an issue to the winner (see Giants last year). A lot of your members were wanting the Niners to win because that way we could possibly fall victim to a hangover. Losing tends to make teams hungrier. Both the Ravens and Niners lost in their respective Championship games last year, and both made it back and won them this year. The fact the Niners lost the SB will drive and motivate them to work even harder to get back there.

I just remember when I was reading your threads before the SB, there were quite a few that agreed that they wanted the Niners to win so a possible hangover would benefit you guys next season. However "a lot" is relative as what is "a lot" of Seahawks fans wanting the Niners to win is I imagine quite more than what it is to me, as I didn't expect to see any of you want them to win.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:37 am
  • for those of you thinking the niners are going anywhere any time soon, or Kap is going to have a sophomore slump, that's just wishful thinking i'm afraid.. they have the most pics in the draft in our division, they are returning the majority of their starters, they are still young and will get younger via the draft.. Kap is an amazing athelete, and QB who will only improve having a full offseason with the 1's.. they have some issues to address , mainly db's, depth at D Line, possibly reciever... DB's being the priority.. they have a relatively easy road schedule compared to us.

Same can be said about us.. we're returning almost all the starters, got good young players in the wings, draft and FA should sew up those problem areas next season, Pass rush, run defense, nickel position.. RW will be a monster next season, our offense should be pretty darn close to impossible to stop. we address those defensive issues, we got something brewing boys. Don't forget , we have a very tough road schedule compared to them.

rams are right there as well, defense will be stellar, i think their season rest on bradfords shoulders, they'll go as far as he'll take them.. Cards are a couple seasons away from making noise IMO. i don't think this division is a gimme by any means by either of the teams..
    Last edited by hawker84 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:39 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:

I just remember when I was reading your threads before the SB, there were quite a few that agreed that they wanted the Niners to win so a possible hangover would benefit you guys next season. However "a lot" is relative as what is "a lot" of Seahawks fans wanting the Niners to win is I imagine quite more than what it is to me, as I didn't expect to see any of you want them to win.

You remembered INCORRECTly.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:54 am
  • hawker84 wrote:for those of you thinking the niners are going anywhere any time soon, or Kap is going to have a sophomore slump, that's just wishful thinking i'm afraid.. they have the most pics in the draft in our division, they are returning the majority of their starters, they are still young and will get younger via the draft.. Kap is an amazing athelete, and QB who will only improve having a full offseason with the 1's.. they have some issues to address , mainly db's, depth at D Line, possibly reciever... DB's being the priority.. they have a relatively easy road schedule compared to us.

Same can be said about us.. we're returning almost all the starters, got good young players in the wings, draft and FA should sew up those problem areas next season, Pass rush, run defense, nickel position.. RW will be a monster next season, our offense should be pretty darn close to impossible to stop. we address those defensive issues, we got something brewing boys. Don't forget , we have a very tough road schedule compared to them.

rams are right there as well, defense will be stellar, i think their season rest on bradfords shoulders, they'll go as far as he'll take them.. Cards are a couple seasons away from making noise IMO. i don't think this division is a gimme by any means by either of the teams..

You do make some good points, but it's more fun to mess with the niner fan. All the same, I disagree on Kaep, I think we're gonna find when teams find away to take the option, he is gonna fail. I think Kaep is not gonna be around too long. I know a lot would disagree with me, but I really do have the feeling by the end of next season, niner fans are not gonna have so much love for him.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 am
  • hawker84 wrote:for those of you thinking the niners are going anywhere any time soon, or Kap is going to have a sophomore slump, that's just wishful thinking i'm afraid.. they have the most pics in the draft in our division, they are returning the majority of their starters, they are still young and will get younger via the draft.. Kap is an amazing athelete, and QB who will only improve having a full offseason with the 1's.. they have some issues to address , mainly db's, depth at D Line, possibly reciever... DB's being the priority.. they have a relatively easy road schedule compared to us.

Well said.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:14 am
  • You do make some good points, but it's more fun to mess with the niner fan. All the same, I disagree on Kaep, I think we're gonna find when teams find away to take the option, he is gonna fail. I think Kaep is not gonna be around too long. I know a lot would disagree with me, but I really do have the feeling by the end of next season, niner fans are not gonna have so much love for him.

man i'd like nothing more than to see that happen.. i just don't see how.. if you take away his running plays, he'll kill you inside the pocket, bring pressure he'll kill you with his legs.. the only knock i can see on the guy right now, is he takes too long to throw the ball in certain situations.. he waits for recievers to get open instead of throwing them open. not always but sometimes.. i think you can take away those designed run plays for him, but you can't take away the scrambles, just like RW.. again i hope i'm wrong.. i hope he fails miserably..
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:27 am
  • hawker84 wrote:You do make some good points, but it's more fun to mess with the niner fan. All the same, I disagree on Kaep, I think we're gonna find when teams find away to take the option, he is gonna fail. I think Kaep is not gonna be around too long. I know a lot would disagree with me, but I really do have the feeling by the end of next season, niner fans are not gonna have so much love for him.

man i'd like nothing more than to see that happen.. i just don't see how.. if you take away his running plays, he'll kill you inside the pocket, bring pressure he'll kill you with his legs.. the only knock i can see on the guy right now, is he takes too long to throw the ball in certain situations.. he waits for recievers to get open instead of throwing them open. not always but sometimes.. i think you can take away those designed run plays for him, but you can't take away the scrambles, just like RW.. again i hope i'm wrong.. i hope he fails miserably..

We had this concern as well in regards to what would happen if an opposing team took away his option to run. In fact I believe it was a topic that was brought up on NFLN and ESPN multiple times...until the NFCCG. He burned the Atlanta defense with his arm, and has done this multiple games. The bolded segment above is what makes the option so hard to defend. Eventually it will be tamed I am sure, but not any team can succeed with it. The Packers can't decide to just start running the option with Aaron because he doesn't have the scramble ability and speed that our 2 QB's have. It was mentioned last season that teams might start drafting QB's based on their ability to succeed in the option as it is a style that will be around for a while, as long as there are QB's who have the all around skills to execute it. Kaep's speed as witnessed in our Divisional win over GB shows why it is hard to defend. You give him a hole and he will burn EVERYBODY because he is just so darn fast!
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:45 am
  • Kaepernick does not handle pressure well a lot of the time, that needs to change before any 49ers fans start thinking he's great. Poor decision-making under pressure will keep him from ever being great if it's not fixed. Also, Kaepernick's a fast runner, but he's not quick. Chris Clemons also ran him down and forced a fumble just out of bounds, too; so I'm not sure how truly fast he is. But either way, I'll take quickness (Russell Wilson, look at that scrambling) over fast. The NFL isn't a track meet.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:47 am
  • Hopefully we can give all four of you one loss each... :lol:

My predictions though:

Seahawks (11-5)
    49ers (10-6)
    Rams (8-8)
    Cardinals (7-9)

pehawk wrote:I have a boner, right now, as I type this.
    IronSaint
    NET Rookie

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:39 pm
  • Seahawks 13-3
    49ers 10-6
    Rams 9-7
    Cardinals 7-9
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:47 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:Hawks 12-4
    Rams 10-6
    9ers 10-6
    Cards 6-10

Did you watch the NFC Championship? Just to name one...

Yeah. Against Atlanta. They have a rep for blowing leads and their defense is underwhelming compared to the Ravens and the NFC West.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:02 pm
  • Lady Talon wrote:Yeah. Against Atlanta. They have a rep for blowing leads and their defense is underwhelming compared to the Ravens and the NFC West.

DING! DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!

IronSaint
    NET Rookie

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:06 pm
  • Let's do some calculations here.

The Seahawks were beat by the Falcons.

Ok. Got that.

The 49ers beat the Falcons.

Alright, let's punch that in here.

So when it comes to the Seahawks vs. the 49ers, it comes out to......the Seahawks completely embarrassing them 42-13.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:22 pm
  • I just see SF and SEA going neck and neck until the end again. In not ready to call STL a 10 win team.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:34 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:I just see SF and SEA going neck and neck until the end again. In not ready to call STL a 10 win team.

Did you somehow miss that we were the only team to beat them in the division? Did you hear Jeff Fisher is their new coach? Did you happen to watch our last game with them? I wouldn't guarantee they'll get 10 wins, but will not at all be surprised. That team is for real, and I think we'll see it next year. Plus I think if you gave him good receivers, Bradford would be scary.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:45 pm
  • SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:Bradford would be scary.

The team would be scary. Not Sam Bradford. Bradford will never scare anybody.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:28 pm
  • IronSaint wrote:Hopefully we can give all four of you one loss each... :lol:My predictions though:

Seahawks (11-5)
    49ers (10-6)
    Rams (8-8)
    Cardinals (7-9)

Why i oughtta :141847_bnono:
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:13 pm
  • SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:I just see SF and SEA going neck and neck until the end again. In not ready to call STL a 10 win team.

Did you somehow miss that we were the only team to beat them in the division? Did you hear Jeff Fisher is their new coach? Did you happen to watch our last game with them? I wouldn't guarantee they'll get 10 wins, but will not at all be surprised. That team is for real, and I think we'll see it next year. Plus I think if you gave him good receivers, Bradford would be scary.

Seattle and SF are still better, not only that, but both Seattle and SF can improve on both sides of the ball and probably will next year. In not saying the Rams are 7-9 again, I just think that they will take more than one loss in the division in 2013. I can see them at 9-7 though. IMHO. I just think that while STL improves, it may not reflect as much in their record.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:23 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:Why i oughtta :141847_bnono:

One of these days... POW! Straight to the moon! :thfight7:

:lol:

IronSaint
    NET Rookie

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:00 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:for those of you thinking the niners are going anywhere any time soon, or Kap is going to have a sophomore slump, that's just wishful thinking i'm afraid.. they have the most pics in the draft in our division, they are returning the majority of their starters, they are still young and will get younger via the draft.. Kap is an amazing athelete, and QB who will only improve having a full offseason with the 1's.. they have some issues to address , mainly db's, depth at D Line, possibly reciever... DB's being the priority.. they have a relatively easy road schedule compared to us.

Well said.

You are both right. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon while the Seahawks regain the division in 2013. It will be a tough division. Rams and SF tie twice. SF ties Arizona 1x.

Seahawks, Team of the Century 13-3 (There's gotta be 3's in there. 3elieve.)
    St. Louis Rams 7-7-2
    San FranSeattleOwned 40-Burgers "4-9"-3
    Arizona Cardinals 5-10-1

Predictions are anybody's guess.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:04 am
  • JonRud wrote:The OP has too many wins for the division. 40-24 with 3 playoff teams? No way. And the Rams are not winning any 11 games with 4 games to play vs. Sea & SF.

Seahawks 12-4
    49ers 10-6
    Rams 7-9
    Cards 4-12

Rams' record 2012 against the Seahawks and Niners: one loss. 2-1-1.

And that is with a team who won only 2 games in 2011.

You can say a lot of things about the Rams, but playing bad in the NFC W? No.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:25 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:Bradford would be scary.

I think this is my favorite thing I've read today. So true.
    Los Angeles Rams' fan who lives in San Diego.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:22 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:Bradford would be scary.

I think this is my favorite thing I've read today. So true.

:3-1:

IronSaint
    NET Rookie

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:34 am
  • Seahawks 10 - 6
    San Francisco 10 - 6
    St Louis - 9 - 7
    Arizona - 5 - 11

We beat the hell out of each other and it will be conference wins that break the tie.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:21 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Kaepernick does not handle pressure well a lot of the time, that needs to change before any 49ers fans start thinking he's great. Poor decision-making under pressure will keep him from ever being great if it's not fixed. Also, Kaepernick's a fast runner, but he's not quick. Chris Clemons also ran him down and forced a fumble just out of bounds, too; so I'm not sure how truly fast he is. But either way, I'll take quickness (Russell Wilson, look at that scrambling) over fast. The NFL isn't a track meet.

Honestly Roland, comments like this is why I just think you don't know what you are talking about.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:11 am
  • NorCal wrote:Honestly Roland, comments like this is why I just think you don't know what you are talking about.

Think that all you want. Why don't you go chart Kaepernick's throws outside the pocket? His QBR rating from ESPN gets bumped significantly from running, (one of the reasons I don't like QBR; it rewards some things way too much) and so does Wilson's; but look at throwing outside the pocket.

Here, I'll give you a start: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... cket-stats

Kaepernick's QBR outside the pocket: 15.6.
    Wilson's QBR outside the pocket: 62.5.

Lol. As that article also mentions:
    ESPN wrote:Wilson has 31 passing first downs from outside the pocket, nearly as many as the other NFC West quarterbacks combined (37).

Please explain to me how I'm wrong. Be specific, and detailed. I honestly want to see your response.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:19 am
  • NorCal wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Kaepernick does not handle pressure well a lot of the time, that needs to change before any 49ers fans start thinking he's great. Poor decision-making under pressure will keep him from ever being great if it's not fixed. Also, Kaepernick's a fast runner, but he's not quick. Chris Clemons also ran him down and forced a fumble just out of bounds, too; so I'm not sure how truly fast he is. But either way, I'll take quickness (Russell Wilson, look at that scrambling) over fast. The NFL isn't a track meet.

Honestly Roland, comments like this is why I just think you don't know what you are talking about.

And what part of Roland's statement is incorrect? Kaepernick does make poor decisions when he's under pressure. The last 49ers' offensive series of the SB proved that. He doesn't progress through is reads as he should; he's either doing a 1-2 read then run, or straight run. You and I know he's only gaining this notoriety because of that defense. Plain and simple is he's a game-manager, and not the game-changer you Niner fans make him out to be.

It's easy to play with a lead, unless you're Matt Ryan; especially when your defense is the one that gives you that lead. His clock management is mediocre at best in addition to not being able to handle crowd noise; a delay of game and 2 wasted timeouts vs. us this year is a perfect example. Without the defense bailing you guys out twice, you lose that game.

Seahawk guys, how many delay of games did the 49ers have at the CLink this year in that 40-burger ass-whipping ya'll served up? I watched the game but my memory's fuzzy.

IronSaint
    NET Rookie

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:20 am
  • IronSaint wrote:Seahawk guys, how many delay of games did the 49ers have at the CLink this year in that 40-burger ass-whipping ya'll served up? I watched the game but my memory's fuzzy.

More than a 49ers fan can count. Also, thanks for the backup, broski. ESPN and facts in the real world are also giving me cover fire against him. :devil:
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:23 pm
  • "It's easy to play with a lead, unless you're Matt Ryan; especially when your defense is the one that gives you that lead. His clock management is mediocre at best in addition to not being able to handle crowd noise; a delay of game and 2 wasted timeouts vs. us this year is a perfect example. Without the defense bailing you guys out twice, you lose that game".

i agree with Rolands post, but i have to disagree with this part of your post Ironsaint...

Kap is not a game manager, he is indeed a game changer, he is a dangerous QB. ask the Packers... ask tyour very own saints players, ask the patriots players... and most importantly ask the Falcons when SF was down by 20+... i think he does just fine without a lead (See SB), and even in a hole.. i do agree with you on the clock management part, however i think the coaching staff is just as much to blame in that aspect. i don't think crowd noise effects him much at all, yes he struggled here, but did not in NO or ATL both domes and both loud as he**...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:07 pm
  • Yes Kaepernick needs to work on his clock management and progressions. HOWEVER, he played better than most other QB's in the league even after coming off the bench to replace Alex.

It is kind of pointless to argue this since he didn't prep as the starter last camp and wasnt even practicing with the #1's until after Alex got hurt. The media is on his jock partly because if he was able to play as well as he did with such little preparation compared to the other starters in the league, his dominance should only sky rocket next season after getting a full pre-season and camp as the starter.

Comparing numbers between Kaep and RW is pointless as well because RW started every game last season and as you all saw got better after the whole team got comfortable with him and the chemistry set in.

I think both our QB's are in for a good season next year, and we are both lucky to have them.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:38 pm
  • we're luckier :stirthepot:
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:39 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:[b]
    Kap is not a game manager, he is indeed a game changer, he is a dangerous QB. ask the Packers... ask tyour very own saints players, ask the patriots players... and most importantly ask the Falcons when SF was down by 20+... i think he does just fine without a lead (See SB), and even in a hole.. i do agree with you on the clock management part, however i think the coaching staff is just as much to blame in that aspect. i don't think crowd noise effects him much at all, yes he struggled here, but did not in NO or ATL both domes and both loud as he**...

Atlanta never built more then a 17 point lead against the 49ers. They almost lost a 20 point lead to the Seahawks (which would have been the largest lead ever lost in Playoff history) just to turn around the next week and blow a 17 point lead (which WAS the largest lead ever lost in Championship history). That they were on the cusp of making that kind of history with homefield and the no1 seed for two straight weeks is historically awful in itself.

Obviously it was Atlanta's ineptitude in both cases. The only difference is they are extremely good at late field goal drills. That Matty got injured, and San Francisco went up by 4 points, while the Seahawks only went up by 1, is the difference.

Kaepernick couldn't drag the 9ers over the hump in the Superbowl targeting Crabtree 3 times in a row with open receivers elsewhere while it was obvious the Ravens knew he'd go to Crabtree and were heavily double covering and blowing him up whenever he was thrown to. Kaepernick never led his team to victory from more then a 7 point deficit except at Atlanta, a team that proved with others it was quite good at blowing 3 score leads. Easy to be dangerous when your defense keeps the deficit low.

as for the clock management part the Hawks are equally lacking. Seeing how Detroit deliberately and skillfully managed their game winning TD drive on us so we would have no chance save a miracle to win, makes me wish we would have purposely limited our big plays on our last drive at Atlanta, forced them to take timeouts, took penalties to shave time off the clock, anything to prevent giving Atl time for a late field goal. Better the game ends with the ball in Wilson's hands for him to win or lose, then giving Atlanta that last chance.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 pm
  • ya i got the 1st half scores of those two games mixed up, they were so similar the way they played out..

anyway i still stand by my post that Kap is not just a game manager.. and SF defense was not that good in the playoffs or superbowl... just so happened they played opponents who's defense was worse.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:45 pm
  • Kaepernick's not just a game manager, but what he is above & beyond that, nobody knows yet. Need this next full season at a minimum before that can be determined.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:51 pm
  • All we kept hearing last year was how good Alex Smith was. Boy, no one is beating that dead horse anymore are they? No, the new thing is Kap. Well, he's an improvement. But let's face it, last year, the Hawks came into San Fran and it was their 5th game in 25 days. Even so, if the WR's don't have an abnormal day and drop so many passes, the Hawks win that game. Then the Niners come to Seattle and get DOMINATED.

We all know who has the better team here.

That said, based upon San Fran getting the better schedule and us getting shafted despite being the 2nd place team in the division, I have to say the season will look like this:

San Fran 12-4 They just have such an easy road schedule.
    Seattle 10-6
    St. Louis 10-6
    Arizona 4-12

it may take a coin toss to separate the Rams from the Hawks this season.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information