Did John Schneider anonymously leak the free agency plan?

kearly

Reaction score
A crowded Free Agency means a better chance of seeing some good players not get the market they hoped for. What if Cliff Avril and/or Michael Johnson just sit out there? If their demands start coming down, I could see Seattle swooping in like they did for Rice, Miller, and Flynn. And then you have guys like Desmond Bryant, Danario Alexander (RFA), Danny Amendola and Brian Hartline who could be considerations if they don't find a ton of suitors.

But yeah, I really doubt we'll see Seattle do much early, though I'm betting Wilson sent a few valentine's cards Tony Gonzales' way already.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
My BS meter is on high. They are not stupid and don't leak info on less they want it known

CANHawk

Reaction score
Nabbing Michael Johnson for cheap in free agency would bring out my happy. Dude seems very studly and a good fit for our pass rush sub set.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":g7lormjx said:
Every year I get gacked up about F.A. and this year?....Nope, we aren't going to do much at all, so it is all window dressing. Our cap is looming in the next couple years and we can't dive in and pay these Jabronies the coin they want.

correct!!! we'll do some dumpster diving like we have in the past but no big FA money will be spent. Too many cap issues coming next year.

Spokane

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1gj3qzxw said:
My BS meter is on high. They are not stupid and don't leak info on less they want it known
+1
Way to vague! Needs a WR and Pass rusher, come on. Most teams need an upgrade in these areas! If he had anything he would have named dropped.
IMHO he is just :stirthepot: hoping some fans will say "Hey thats my team"
Do you think JS would sit down with King, give him the 2013 blue print and then say "But don't use my name" No. That would be a waste of JS's time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They're psyching everyone out so they can grab one of the best O-linemen in the draft. Hopefully. You can't go wrong building an elite O-line; you just can't. I'll be supremely happy if they manage to get a top DT instead in the 1st round, too. Need the DT more, too.

OP
OP
Missing_Clink

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
CANHawk":1ui5vkne said:
Nabbing Michael Johnson for cheap in free agency would bring out my happy. Dude seems very studly and a good fit for our pass rush sub set.

I think every team in the league would jump at the chance to get Michael Johnson on the cheap. I'd love to get him but he is gonna get paid. Still, with his uncommon size, I have to think the Hawks would be interested

two dog

Reaction score
200 move years are long time gone. This team was built well and it was built quickly.

The Seahawks offense and defense are not the only things being studied by the rest of the league.
I doubt it was JS leaking anything.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It's hardly a 'leak' is it? I mean, it's not like JS has to keep this info under wraps. He's not going to attack free agency. Not a huge revelation. It could be JS. It might not be. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was the GM in question.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
How is this a leak? Every year Pete tells us exactly what he needs to do in his end of year presser, and this year was no exception. Then everyone is startled when we do exactly what he said.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
P&J have demonstrated repeatedly that they can identify and develop talent through the draft. When the cap hell does descend in the next couple years, we may have to let some guys go but will likely pick up more draft picks as a result. I have complete confidence in them. Our front office is not binging and purging like an anorexic supermodel.

OP
OP
Missing_Clink

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":209yfmiq said:
It's hardly a 'leak' is it? I mean, it's not like JS has to keep this info under wraps. He's not going to attack free agency. Not a huge revelation. It could be JS. It might not be. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was the GM in question.

I think the term "leak" is appropriate. The fact that there was no name attached to the quote is certainly indicative of the speaker seeking to maintain at least some confidentiality. The information stated is hardly top secret stuff, but "leak" still seems like a good descriptor.

I also never suggested that this was a huge revelation. Anyone who looks at the Seahawks' cap projections for the next five years can see that difficult times are ahead, and big free agent signings now won't help.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would think of a leak being something like saying who your top 3 targets are in the draft. The WR and DL statement could be considered a leak of the team's draft plans if you wanted to project the statement and you can correctly guess this is Schneider. I would imagine FA is not that big a secret of who is being targeted by whom, any team interested in a particular player knows there is competition whether they know the name of the team or not.

Of course, this is information that can be used later in the draft to help your team project what other teams are looking for in the draft.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Happypuppy":30jbpalv said:

Pete and John have made it known with a slip of the tongue here and there that they enjoy misleading other teams as to their real intentions. Aonther point on the scale for making John Schnieder the "GM of the Year".

Latest posts