Rumor: Hawks 'highly interested' in acquiring Darrelle Revis

joeshaney

Reaction score
skater18000":29h4oaet said:
Basis4day":29h4oaet said:
Bobblehead":29h4oaet said:
I"m not sure on this Revis,
But I do know, you have Revis and Sherman

You have something that is unheard of in the NFL, No one had ever had these two type of shutdown players in the same backfield and with ET back for safty YOU do not have a threat of Outside receivers at all.
YOu have just eliminated the passing in a passing league.

Even the best CB's get burned. It happens. The league is also trending towards pass catching TE's. It wasn't your traditional #1 Wide receiver threat that burned us in the passing game. It was slot receivers and TEs.

As much as a Madden like fantasy as this is, it's just not going to happen.

If we do get Revis, Don't you think we will have a new answer for pass catching TE's. His name is Brandon Browner.

I think revis could slide inside with browner coming in off the bench to cover outside.

skater18000

Reaction score
If we bring in Revis (More likely then people think, I'd say about a 20% chance) There is something to be said about...

1. Kam Chancellor's positioning (WLB or Nickle Coverage LB to cover Slower TE's and RB's)

2. Brandon Browner? ( He could play Safety in man coverage in our cover 1 situations with Earl back there, he could also play #2 CB outside in nickle situations with Revis inside as he has the speed to run with anyone and can cover anyone big or small, <--- Revis that is...)

3. Leroy and Tru (Probably can kiss Leroy and Tru goodbye, as they are are already likely to leave as it is).

4. Sherman on regular downs ( Does he move to RCB because he is a great fit at LCB already, not good to change an all pro around 2 much, but I believe the affects would be minuscule.

5. Kam Chancellors Role? (If somehow Brandon Browner is moved to SS and he moves to LB or Nickle LB and Browner becomes a great SS then what happens to Kam? Of course if he is a force at LB then he can play there but if it doesn't work out to well what does that make Kam???)

joeshaney

Reaction score
skater18000":1qrl0ijt said:
If we bring in Revis (More likely then people think, I'd say about a 20% chance) There is something to be said about...

1. Kam Chancellor's positioning (WLB or Nickle Coverage LB to cover Slower TE's and RB's)

2. Brandon Browner? ( He could play Safety in man coverage in our cover 1 situations with Earl back there, he could also play #2 CB outside in nickle situations with Revis inside as he has the speed to run with anyone and can cover anyone big or small, <--- Revis that is...)

3. Leroy and Tru (Probably can kiss Leroy and Tru goodbye, as they are are already likely to leave as it is).

4. Sherman on regular downs ( Does he move to RCB because he is a great fit at LCB already, not good to change an all pro around 2 much, but I believe the affects would be minuscule.

5. Kam Chancellors Role? (If somehow Brandon Browner is moved to SS and he moves to LB or Nickle LB and Browner becomes a great SS then what happens to Kam? Of course if he is a force at LB then he can play there but if it doesn't work out to well what does that make Kam???)

It's just silly to speculate, but.....
I don't think anyone changes position at all.
Your points number 2 and 3 would be accurate, we still replace Leroy with a draft pick and as Revis has been known to shadow specific receivers Sherman could remain where he is.

Basis4day

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2rle2gtm said:
skater18000":2rle2gtm said:
If we bring in Revis (More likely then people think, I'd say about a 20% chance)

I think your estimate is about 21% too high.

Since 5 teams were cited in the article as interested (NE, SF, DEN, BUF, SEA) he is assuming that we have a 1 in 5 chance.

Sorry. Not going to happen. CB is not our area of need, at all.

Largent80

Reaction score
Revis...."hey Butthead....should I join the Sea-hawks?"

Butthead...."mmmm...a hehehe....hehehe...did you say Sea-Cocks?.....heheh...heheh

skater18000

Reaction score
Why are we even "interested"?

Here's why:

1. Pete Carroll thinking something needs to be changed on our Defense

2. He isn't into any of the DB'S in this draft

3. He has an idea! (When Pete has his idea's he is usually prepared to pull the trigger)

4. (Maybe) He thinks Revis can be our version of Charles Woodson and a more dominant version at that. (Nickleback, Cornerback, Saftey)

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe you should put Madden away, he has made changes on defesne new line coach new coordinator. Our problem for the 1000000000000000000000000099th time is not our damn secondary.

How do you know he doesn't like any DB's in the draft? is there an inside source who knows someone that is whispering sweet nothings in your ear?

Woodson is a guy that was brought in to lead the secondary there. We have leaders.

Lastly until you can run and cover again you ain't dominating anything. Also you better prove it before anyone gives you 6 million a year, thats 5.5 million more then the BEST CB in the league is making.

skater18000

Reaction score
chris98251":2h1osud5 said:
Maybe you should put Madden away, he has made changes on defesne new line coach new coordinator. Our problem for the 1000000000000000000000000099th time is not our damn secondary.

How do you know he doesn't like any DB's in the draft? is there an inside source who knows someone that is whispering sweet nothings in your ear?

Woodson is a guy that was brought in to lead the secondary there. We have leaders.

Lastly until you can run and cover again you ain't dominating anything. Also you better prove it before anyone gives you 6 million a year, thats 5.5 million more then the BEST CB in the league is making.

Answer this question... Why are we wasting our time if there is no trick up Pete Carroll and John Schneider's sleeves? Only reason we would do this is 2 bluff at a bidding war, which is dumb...

pinksheets

Reaction score
How do you know we are wasting any time on this?

All we know is there was some talk that we were interested. We don't know how substantial either our interest or the report are.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
skater18000":alwyagvf said:

Here's why:

3. He has an idea! (When Pete has his idea's he is usually prepared to pull the trigger)

4. (Maybe) He thinks Revis can be our version of Charles Woodson and a more dominant version at that. (Nickleback, Cornerback, Saftey)

Pretty sure that the "somethings" that may need changing on defense are pretty obvious to anyone who watched last season. Pass rush all along the D-line and OLB. The secondary was outstanding and the bright spot on the defense, and we're rocking the best secondary in the entire NFL for PEANUTS. No need to bring in a high priced diva with an injury history to screw that up.

Again, I'd say that your "20%" idea based on the fact that we are 1 of 5 teams rumored to have an interest in Revis is 21% too high. Do you want to know why our team was connected with Revis? One word. Idzik.

hawker84

Reaction score
chris98251":31u2340s said:

true, but the Nickel slot position needs to be ironed out.. it was clearly a big whole in our pass coverage. whether we bring someone in to fill it, use somebody already on the roster, or move people around, it needs to be addressed... don't think we use a draft pick on it with so many good CB's already on the roster.

skater18000

Reaction score
volsunghawk":82f8pcw0 said:
skater18000":82f8pcw0 said:

Here's why:

Pass rush all along the D-line and OLB.

Clearly they will address the pass rush, but maybe they think Kam is a LB and its only a mattter of time until he is switched... I'll say this there is a better chance Kam becomes the WLB next year than us trading for Revis. Kam's run fits are really good and his LOS play is very LB like and we know about SPEED at LB!!!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
skater18000":r4xa89e4 said:
volsunghawk":r4xa89e4 said:
skater18000":r4xa89e4 said:

Here's why:

Pass rush all along the D-line and OLB.

Clearly they will address the pass rush, but maybe they think Kam is a LB and its only a mattter of time until he is switched... I'll say this there is a better chance Kam becomes the WLB next year than us trading for Revis. Kam's run fits are really good and his LOS play is very LB like and we know about SPEED at LB!!!

There's an equal chance of those things happening. The letter 'Z' is involved.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
I guess this can be officially put to rest after the twitter battle today between Sherm and Revis.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SuperHawks":zof7nkh3 said:
I guess this can be officially put to rest after the twitter battle today between Sherm and Revis.
Honestly, I want Revis here even more now. It would just ramp up the competition aspect even more and can you imagine practices with each trying to outdo the other.

Basis4day

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2lt6iqkt said:
SuperHawks":2lt6iqkt said:
Honestly, I want Revis here even more now. It would just ramp up the competition aspect even more and can you imagine practices with each trying to outdo the other.

I'm having more trouble envisioning the cap hell that that move would put on the team.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Today's Twitter war between Revis and Sherman (that Revis started) pretty much guarantees this is never happening. :)

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Unless they're in cahoots on a major punk on the media and giving us fans some off season entertainment... Revis now has about as good a chance as Lloyd Christmas at becoming a Seahawk.