Here's a draft forum twist.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Here's a draft forum twist.
Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:00 pm
  • Which player graded to go in the top two rounds would you draftniks LEAST like to see drafted by San Francisco?

Take into account where San Fran is drafting (Don't name somebody perceived to be a top 10-15 pick).

But which remaining player, on either side of the football, could you envision giving their team a huge boost this year and the years to come and enable them to create a greater challenge for us in what is becoming THE NFL's Marquee Matchup? Yep. That's what I said.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Re: Here's a draft forum twist.
Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:17 pm
  • DeAndre Hopkins if we decide to go another route and he slips to San Fran.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:21 pm
  • Offensively, I'd hate to see them get another quality receiver - be it Patterson, Allen, or Hopkins. Crabtree is playing better and if they get another stud wideout.....

Defensively they are stocked at LB so they probably don't go that route. However secondary and DL could be choices for them. I hope that guy like Jonathan Jenkins doesn't fall to them. They need help on the interior and a replacement for the aging Justin Smith. A guy who fills a hole and takes up space and guy would improve that defense too.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:28 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Offensively, I'd hate to see them get another quality receiver - be it Patterson, Allen, or Hopkins. Crabtree is playing better and if they get another stud wideout.....

Defensively they are stocked at LB so they probably don't go that route. However secondary and DL could be choices for them. I hope that guy like Jonathan Jenkins doesn't fall to them. They need help on the interior and a replacement for the aging Justin Smith. A guy who fills a hole and takes up space and guy would improve that defense too.

You hit on the two areas I anticipate them targeting (WR,DL) I am not as familiar with this draft class as... well, anyone here, so that is part of the reason for my question.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:45 pm
  • Tavon Austin, Ertz, Eiffert, or Hopkins. I dont want them to impove where we are already week at WLB and Nickel CB
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:15 pm
  • Hopkins. Austin would be a pain for us to cover. Our defense struggles against ultra quick players. Swope would be a thorn in our side as well for many years. Not sure if he counts, but seeing them take Armonty Bryant would suck badly as well.

Would love to see them draft Quinton Patton. He's this year's Brian Quick, and that's not a good thing.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:42 am
  • A DT to back up and plays on the level of Justin Smith in the D line.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:16 am
  • kearly wrote:Not sure if he counts, but seeing them take Armonty Bryant would suck badly as well.

I'm not sure if he counts either, but he is actually the impetus for this thread. I read your assessment of him and was excited by the prospect of having our own young DeMarcus Ware, despite his pubes. Then my fantasy turned nightmarish when I imagined us passing him by in the first and hoping he stayed on the board until our second or third pick then watch as San Francisco and Harbaugh try to out-Irvin Pete by drafting Bryant ahead of where he was projected only to have the kid actually BE DWare 2.0.

If he were that good any time soon, he and ASmith would cause problems for Seattle for awhile.

It would be fun to see what our graphic artists would do with his pubes, however.
    Last edited by bestfightstory on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:28 am
  • Austin. Lacy. or Vaccarro.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:51 am
  • Their needs are our needs... so it's imperative that we not let them beat us to the punch by leapfrogging us with draft day trades... which will be challenging because they currently have a bit more fire power that we do (11 picks vs. 10 picks overall and they have one more 3rd rounder and 6th rounder that we do).

The best strategy I foresee is the Hawks being willing to move up a couple of slots in the 2nd and 3rd rounds so as to hold off SF trying to leapfrog us. I'm not concerned in the 1st round unless Seattle trades down and then SF seizes the day by then leapfrogging us. If you refer to the draft value chart, you'll find that the equivalent value between the Hawks picking at #25 and the Whiners picking at #31 is a low 3rd round pick.

I expect to see SF and Seattle having quite the chess match in this year's draft. Looking forward to it.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information