Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Here's a draft forum twist.
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:00 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *

Which player graded to go in the top two rounds would you draftniks LEAST like to see drafted by San Francisco?

Take into account where San Fran is drafting (Don't name somebody perceived to be a top 10-15 pick).

But which remaining player, on either side of the football, could you envision giving their team a huge boost this year and the years to come and enable them to create a greater challenge for us in what is becoming THE NFL's Marquee Matchup? Yep. That's what I said.

Post subject: Re: Here's a draft forum twist.
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:17 pm 
NET Veteran

DeAndre Hopkins if we decide to go another route and he slips to San Fran.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:21 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Offensively, I'd hate to see them get another quality receiver - be it Patterson, Allen, or Hopkins. Crabtree is playing better and if they get another stud wideout.....

Defensively they are stocked at LB so they probably don't go that route. However secondary and DL could be choices for them. I hope that guy like Jonathan Jenkins doesn't fall to them. They need help on the interior and a replacement for the aging Justin Smith. A guy who fills a hole and takes up space and guy would improve that defense too.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:28 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *

hawkfan68 wrote:
Offensively, I'd hate to see them get another quality receiver - be it Patterson, Allen, or Hopkins. Crabtree is playing better and if they get another stud wideout.....

Defensively they are stocked at LB so they probably don't go that route. However secondary and DL could be choices for them. I hope that guy like Jonathan Jenkins doesn't fall to them. They need help on the interior and a replacement for the aging Justin Smith. A guy who fills a hole and takes up space and guy would improve that defense too.

You hit on the two areas I anticipate them targeting (WR,DL) I am not as familiar with this draft class as... well, anyone here, so that is part of the reason for my question.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:45 pm 
NET Veteran

Tavon Austin, Ertz, Eiffert, or Hopkins. I dont want them to impove where we are already week at WLB and Nickel CB

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:15 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

Hopkins. Austin would be a pain for us to cover. Our defense struggles against ultra quick players. Swope would be a thorn in our side as well for many years. Not sure if he counts, but seeing them take Armonty Bryant would suck badly as well.

Would love to see them draft Quinton Patton. He's this year's Brian Quick, and that's not a good thing.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:42 am 
NET Veteran

A DT to back up and plays on the level of Justin Smith in the D line.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:16 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

kearly wrote:
Not sure if he counts, but seeing them take Armonty Bryant would suck badly as well.

I'm not sure if he counts either, but he is actually the impetus for this thread. I read your assessment of him and was excited by the prospect of having our own young DeMarcus Ware, despite his pubes. Then my fantasy turned nightmarish when I imagined us passing him by in the first and hoping he stayed on the board until our second or third pick then watch as San Francisco and Harbaugh try to out-Irvin Pete by drafting Bryant ahead of where he was projected only to have the kid actually BE DWare 2.0.

If he were that good any time soon, he and ASmith would cause problems for Seattle for awhile.

It would be fun to see what our graphic artists would do with his pubes, however.

Last edited by bestfightstory on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:28 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Austin. Lacy. or Vaccarro.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:51 am 
NET Veteran

Their needs are our needs... so it's imperative that we not let them beat us to the punch by leapfrogging us with draft day trades... which will be challenging because they currently have a bit more fire power that we do (11 picks vs. 10 picks overall and they have one more 3rd rounder and 6th rounder that we do).

The best strategy I foresee is the Hawks being willing to move up a couple of slots in the 2nd and 3rd rounds so as to hold off SF trying to leapfrog us. I'm not concerned in the 1st round unless Seattle trades down and then SF seizes the day by then leapfrogging us. If you refer to the draft value chart, you'll find that the equivalent value between the Hawks picking at #25 and the Whiners picking at #31 is a low 3rd round pick.

I expect to see SF and Seattle having quite the chess match in this year's draft. Looking forward to it.

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]