Andy Reid - Why Isn't He Being Forced To Sit Out A Season?

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Dude obviously does not have his priorities straight. His refusal to step back during the 2012 season after his son's drug overdose was telling.

The fact that the NFL allows him to keep coaching without taking a break - after what happened...is enabling his and his families dysfunction.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":f6s719if said:
Dude obviously does not have his priorities straight. His refusal to step back during the 2012 season after his son's drug overdose was telling.

The fact that the NFL allows him to keep coaching without taking a break - after what happened...is enabling his and his families dysfunction.

Top ten dumbest posts ever. EVER! Dumber than a thread asking about muffler bearings or blinker fluid.

drdiags

Reaction score
That would be like making a person take leave of absence or being fired due to a family trauma. Just give it up Riggo. As long as someone wanted to hire the guy, it isn't like he was the one taking drugs or in rehab (that we know of anyway).

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":gcv2ap3i said:

Maybe for the same reason that the Redskins aren't being forced to change their name?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1hs5aonf said:
RiggoReincarnated":1hs5aonf said:

Maybe for the same reason that the Redskins aren't being forced to change their name?

Q icjjtuV2  Mtx0OQjsdmShJULu9t08B3cNw31hh3sF8LoZyn

mikeak

Reaction score
I am the first guy to sign up for the fact that I think Andy Reid is a despicable person that at the end of his life will have had a negative contribution to society. He had two sons arrested in two separate incidents on the same freaking day and both were drug related. He then had a son OD and somewhere he took a few days off and increased his responsibility in the Eagles organization. He then proceeded to take a new job immediately upon being fired from the Eagles. Family is clearly not his main focus....

With that said

Every low life on this earth unfortunately has a right to reproduce. Furthermore they apparently can do very little to support and take care of their family and still continue to go to work the same day. I don't see anything in Andy Reid's situation that warrants a suspension by the NFL... He is doing nothing illegal and unfortunately nothing different than many fathers on this earth including many of the players........

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
This guy ditched his wife and went back to the Eagles after 2 days! 2 DAYS AFTER HIS SON ODed at Eagles camp?

The NFL is so worried about concussions, bounties, and "fairness in the spirit of the salary cap"...yet they allow these types of individuals to coach football. Individuals who put football over family.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3mnpxxdc said:
RiggoReincarnated":3mnpxxdc said:

The Redskin name is about HONOR, LOYALTY, TRADITION, and SACRIFICE. Everything that Reid needs to find for himself.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":v7gopfm5 said:
volsunghawk":v7gopfm5 said:
RiggoReincarnated":v7gopfm5 said:

The Redskin name is about HONOR, LOYALTY, TRADITION, and SACRIFICE. Everything that Reid needs to find for himself.

The Redskin name is a racial slur.

And what do you know about Reid? Were you in the room with him and his family as they dealt with the death of a loved one? Did you have Mrs. Reid's ear as she complained about Andy not spending enough time with family afterwards? Or are you just spewing a bunch of hot air and implying that the NFL should FORCE a coach away from the game based on your own perception of what should have happened?

How do you know that Reid wasn't finding solace in his work? How do you know that Reid wasn't trying to keep his sons closer to him after they started having addiction issues (remember, Garrett's death was at the Eagles training camp... Reid had given roles to his kids)? How do you know ANYTHING about Reid's personal life and what's right for him?

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
The Redskin name is a racial slur.

And what do you know about Reid? Were you in the room with him and his family as they dealt with the death of a loved one? Did you have Mrs. Reid's ear as she complained about Andy not spending enough time with family afterwards? Or are you just spewing a bunch of hot air and implying that the NFL should FORCE a coach away from the game based on your own perception of what should have happened?

How do you know that Reid wasn't finding solace in his work? How do you know that Reid wasn't trying to keep his sons closer to him after they started having addiction issues (remember, Garrett's death was at the Eagles training camp... Reid had given roles to his kids)? How do you know ANYTHING about Reid's personal life and what's right for him?[/quote]

The name is a slur? Really? You do know it has to do with the warpaint natives would wear into battle protecting their lands? Why is it that most Native Americans have no problem with the name?

As for Reid, an NFL football coach spends the vast majority of their time away from family. Its the reason many quit and retire relatively early. Just saying that Reid should be teaching his living son moral values and being a bastion of support for his wife for at least a year. Money isn't everything, is it? What is the NFL teaching our youth when they allow this guy to continue coaching?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I don't use the Racistskins name anymore at all. I live next to and do business on an actual Native American reservation, and I have asked some of them if they like the name. It is about ten to one against use.

I love the honor and dignity of that team. They hired the first native american coach. And made him wear a war bonnet and war paint on the sidelines. Honor and dignity.

Riggo, you have a schtick more tired than the name of your team. I have an idea, perhaps the NFL should suspend Rat Face Shanny for a year for running his prize quarterback into the ground, and suspend the RacistSkins franchise for having a worse football surface than most high school teams. Or suspend your owner for being the worst owner in pro football, worse even than Jerry Jones.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":18iu4lyy said:
The name is a slur? Really? You do know it has to do with the warpaint natives would wear into battle protecting their lands? Why is it that most Native Americans have no problem with the name?

The only way any of this quote is true is if you replace the question marks in the first two sentences with periods.

The rest of it is beyond bullshit.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3us00fpm said:
I don't use the Racistskins name anymore at all. I live next to and do business on an actual Native American reservation, and I have asked some of them if they like the name. It is about ten to one against use.

I love the honor and dignity of that team. They hired the first native american coach. And made him wear a war bonnet and war paint on the sidelines. Honor and dignity.

Riggo, you have a schtick more tired than the name of your team. I have an idea, perhaps the NFL should suspend Rat Face Shanny for a year for running his prize quarterback into the ground, and suspend the RacistSkins franchise for having a worse football surface than most high school teams. Or suspend your owner for being the worst owner in pro football, worse even than Jerry Jones.
Glad someone else brought this up...you're worried about what the NFL is teaching the youth? What's Shannie teaching kids by running the teams biggest investment into the ground? Winning is more important than your health? How many kids actually look up to the coaches compared to players? That's something more worthy of this faux outrage.

OP
OP
R

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2it3bbna said:

How about Pete Carroll for blatantly stealing the pistol offense and zone read from Kyle Shanahan to salvage the season of the Seattle Seahawks?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":38ugafxr said:
Scottemojo":38ugafxr said:

How about Pete Carroll for blatantly stealing the pistol offense and zone read from Kyle Shanahan to salvage the season of the Seattle Seahawks?
You need to count your chromosomes, one is missing. I blame your parent-cousins. How bout we ban Carroll for stealing the forward pass too? Or ban Shanny for stealing his offense from the Panthers?

Dumbass.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":wo7g51at said:
Scottemojo":wo7g51at said:

The butthurt is strong with this one.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":316i1u2h said:

You mean, Kyle Shanahan stealing the pistol and zone read from college football? Dude, seriously...Lol. Learn your history.

chris98251

Reaction score

Really, this is such a reach that I'm surprised you have not fallen off that pedestal you up on by now.

I can sympathise with the tradition statement to a degree, but it appears the Redskins are promoting the fact that it doesn't matter what anyone feels or thinks about the name anyway. Hearing things like well there are 70 High Schools that have it. I thought that a NFL team with a bit more exposure would want to take the lead rather then hide behind High School kids.