Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: Andy Reid - Why Isn't He Being Forced To Sit Out A Season?
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:41 am 
NET Starter

Dude obviously does not have his priorities straight. His refusal to step back during the 2012 season after his son's drug overdose was telling.

The fact that the NFL allows him to keep coaching without taking a break - after what happened...is enabling his and his families dysfunction.

Post subject: Re: Andy Reid - Why Isn't He Being Forced To Sit Out A Season?
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:53 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

RiggoReincarnated wrote:
Dude obviously does not have his priorities straight. His refusal to step back during the 2012 season after his son's drug overdose was telling.

The fact that the NFL allows him to keep coaching without taking a break - after what happened...is enabling his and his families dysfunction.

Top ten dumbest posts ever. EVER! Dumber than a thread asking about muffler bearings or blinker fluid.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:58 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

That would be like making a person take leave of absence or being fired due to a family trauma. Just give it up Riggo. As long as someone wanted to hire the guy, it isn't like he was the one taking drugs or in rehab (that we know of anyway).

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:00 am 
NET Veteran

RiggoReincarnated wrote:

Maybe for the same reason that the Redskins aren't being forced to change their name?

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:11 am 
* NET Philistine *

volsunghawk wrote:
RiggoReincarnated wrote:

Maybe for the same reason that the Redskins aren't being forced to change their name?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:18 am 
NET Veteran

I am the first guy to sign up for the fact that I think Andy Reid is a despicable person that at the end of his life will have had a negative contribution to society. He had two sons arrested in two separate incidents on the same freaking day and both were drug related. He then had a son OD and somewhere he took a few days off and increased his responsibility in the Eagles organization. He then proceeded to take a new job immediately upon being fired from the Eagles. Family is clearly not his main focus....

With that said

Every low life on this earth unfortunately has a right to reproduce. Furthermore they apparently can do very little to support and take care of their family and still continue to go to work the same day. I don't see anything in Andy Reid's situation that warrants a suspension by the NFL... He is doing nothing illegal and unfortunately nothing different than many fathers on this earth including many of the players........

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:19 am 
NET Starter

This guy ditched his wife and went back to the Eagles after 2 days! 2 DAYS AFTER HIS SON ODed at Eagles camp?

The NFL is so worried about concussions, bounties, and "fairness in the spirit of the salary cap"...yet they allow these types of individuals to coach football. Individuals who put football over family.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:21 am 
NET Starter

volsunghawk wrote:
RiggoReincarnated wrote:

The Redskin name is about HONOR, LOYALTY, TRADITION, and SACRIFICE. Everything that Reid needs to find for himself.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:28 am 
* Handsome *

For your pleasure, Riggo

Attachments:
lol-jeez-andy1.jpg
lol-jeez-andy1.jpg [ 49.25 KiB | Viewed 1214 times ]

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:30 am 
NET Veteran

RiggoReincarnated wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
RiggoReincarnated wrote:

The Redskin name is about HONOR, LOYALTY, TRADITION, and SACRIFICE. Everything that Reid needs to find for himself.

The Redskin name is a racial slur.

And what do you know about Reid? Were you in the room with him and his family as they dealt with the death of a loved one? Did you have Mrs. Reid's ear as she complained about Andy not spending enough time with family afterwards? Or are you just spewing a bunch of hot air and implying that the NFL should FORCE a coach away from the game based on your own perception of what should have happened?

How do you know that Reid wasn't finding solace in his work? How do you know that Reid wasn't trying to keep his sons closer to him after they started having addiction issues (remember, Garrett's death was at the Eagles training camp... Reid had given roles to his kids)? How do you know ANYTHING about Reid's personal life and what's right for him?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:37 am 
NET Starter

The Redskin name is a racial slur.

And what do you know about Reid? Were you in the room with him and his family as they dealt with the death of a loved one? Did you have Mrs. Reid's ear as she complained about Andy not spending enough time with family afterwards? Or are you just spewing a bunch of hot air and implying that the NFL should FORCE a coach away from the game based on your own perception of what should have happened?

How do you know that Reid wasn't finding solace in his work? How do you know that Reid wasn't trying to keep his sons closer to him after they started having addiction issues (remember, Garrett's death was at the Eagles training camp... Reid had given roles to his kids)? How do you know ANYTHING about Reid's personal life and what's right for him?[/quote]

The name is a slur? Really? You do know it has to do with the warpaint natives would wear into battle protecting their lands? Why is it that most Native Americans have no problem with the name?

As for Reid, an NFL football coach spends the vast majority of their time away from family. Its the reason many quit and retire relatively early. Just saying that Reid should be teaching his living son moral values and being a bastion of support for his wife for at least a year. Money isn't everything, is it? What is the NFL teaching our youth when they allow this guy to continue coaching?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:50 am 
NET Veteran

RiggoReincarnated wrote:
What is the NFL teaching our youth when they allow this guy to continue coaching?

That you take responsibility for yourself and your actions and don't need a giant corporation to decide what you can and can't do? :|

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:10 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

I don't use the Racistskins name anymore at all. I live next to and do business on an actual Native American reservation, and I have asked some of them if they like the name. It is about ten to one against use.

I love the honor and dignity of that team. They hired the first native american coach. And made him wear a war bonnet and war paint on the sidelines. Honor and dignity.

Riggo, you have a schtick more tired than the name of your team. I have an idea, perhaps the NFL should suspend Rat Face Shanny for a year for running his prize quarterback into the ground, and suspend the RacistSkins franchise for having a worse football surface than most high school teams. Or suspend your owner for being the worst owner in pro football, worse even than Jerry Jones.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:13 am 
NET Veteran

RiggoReincarnated wrote:
The name is a slur? Really? You do know it has to do with the warpaint natives would wear into battle protecting their lands? Why is it that most Native Americans have no problem with the name?

The only way any of this quote is true is if you replace the question marks in the first two sentences with periods.

The rest of it is beyond bullshit.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:10 am 
NET Veteran

Scottemojo wrote:
I don't use the Racistskins name anymore at all. I live next to and do business on an actual Native American reservation, and I have asked some of them if they like the name. It is about ten to one against use.

I love the honor and dignity of that team. They hired the first native american coach. And made him wear a war bonnet and war paint on the sidelines. Honor and dignity.

Riggo, you have a schtick more tired than the name of your team. I have an idea, perhaps the NFL should suspend Rat Face Shanny for a year for running his prize quarterback into the ground, and suspend the RacistSkins franchise for having a worse football surface than most high school teams. Or suspend your owner for being the worst owner in pro football, worse even than Jerry Jones.

Glad someone else brought this up...you're worried about what the NFL is teaching the youth? What's Shannie teaching kids by running the teams biggest investment into the ground? Winning is more important than your health? How many kids actually look up to the coaches compared to players? That's something more worthy of this faux outrage.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:15 am 
NET Starter

Scottemojo wrote:

How about Pete Carroll for blatantly stealing the pistol offense and zone read from Kyle Shanahan to salvage the season of the Seattle Seahawks?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:26 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

RiggoReincarnated wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:

How about Pete Carroll for blatantly stealing the pistol offense and zone read from Kyle Shanahan to salvage the season of the Seattle Seahawks?

You need to count your chromosomes, one is missing. I blame your parent-cousins. How bout we ban Carroll for stealing the forward pass too? Or ban Shanny for stealing his offense from the Panthers?

Dumbass.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:36 am 
NET Veteran

RiggoReincarnated wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:

The butthurt is strong with this one.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:44 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

RiggoReincarnated wrote:

You mean, Kyle Shanahan stealing the pistol and zone read from college football? Dude, seriously...Lol. Learn your history.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:48 pm 
NET Veteran

Quote:

Really, this is such a reach that I'm surprised you have not fallen off that pedestal you up on by now.

I can sympathise with the tradition statement to a degree, but it appears the Redskins are promoting the fact that it doesn't matter what anyone feels or thinks about the name anyway. Hearing things like well there are 70 High Schools that have it. I thought that a NFL team with a bit more exposure would want to take the lead rather then hide behind High School kids.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:42 pm 
NET Rookie

RiggoReincarnated wrote:

Some people find solace in their work. Neither you, I or anybody not named Andy Reid has the right to tell him how to react to the death of his son. You are just a scumbag looking to grind your axe over a divisional foe that has handed you your panties for the last decade. Grow up.

:141847_bnono:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:28 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

RiggoReincarnated wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:43 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Typical Redskins fans:

"The name 'Redskins' isn't racist! Stop smoking crack!"
"YOU SAID SEAN TAYLOR IS A THUG, YOU RACIST SOB! STOP BEING SO RACIST!"

:34853_doh: :229031_shrug:

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:25 pm 
NET Veteran

Look guys some of these teams do care about public perception.

Note how North Dakota suspended their radio announcer for using the words "choke job" when the basketball choked the other day. Saying choke is ok but "choke job" is not politically correct and would insult some people

In other COMPLETELY UNRELATED news the school continus to vigoursly defend the use of Sioux as a symbol for their school and on flags, shirts etc..........

It is about money - Andy Reid brings in money, redskins brings in money, North Dakota sioux apparently brings in money. Choke job apparently does not..........

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:18 pm 
NET Veteran

lol gotta love the Rearskin fans that claim SF and Seattle stole their offense. Colin K was running the pistol offense in Nevada 2 years before Shanny used it with Griffin. Who stole it first?

On another front, on what basis can the NFL decide to suspend coaches because they don't think their family life is perfect? Save for a criminal act by the coach against his family, when have they ever had the authority or will to do it? Why don't you blame the Chiefs who no doubt at least looked into his history before hiring him?

I rather think you wanted him to stay with the Eagles cause he'd have miscoached them once again leading to easier Rearskin wins. Thinking your concern over Reid's family problems would have not been voiced if it benefited your team.

Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:33 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

mikeak wrote:

Note how North Dakota suspended their radio announcer for using the words "choke job" when the basketball choked the other day. Saying choke is ok but "choke job" is not politically correct and would insult some people

In other COMPLETELY UNRELATED news the school continus to vigoursly defend the use of Sioux as a symbol for their school and on flags, shirts etc..........

It is about money - Andy Reid brings in money, redskins brings in money, North Dakota sioux apparently brings in money. Choke job apparently does not..........

North Dakota dropped the team name last year, and do not have a team mascot or name right now. The name was actually the subject of a statewide vote.

So yeah, even a bunch of backward prairie folk got it right.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:43 am 
NET Veteran

Frankly, it's YOU guys who are the racists by trying to stop Redskins fans from truly honoring the brave warriors of generations past.

I mean, really? Who knows more about the struggles of a proud but persecuted people who knew to give as much to the land as they took than this guy?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:49 am 
NET Veteran

Dude in the first pic is wearing a head dress from a plains Native American... Last I checked DC wasn't anywhere close to the plains... haha.

I hate this team.

Go Hawks.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 am 
* Handsome *

And the guy in the second picture looks a lot like ALF

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:40 pm 
NET Veteran

Can we all just agree not to reply to Riggo until he admits that his Shanny offense was taken from college football? Even if I put him on my foe list, you guys continually quote him. Soon I will have to refer to him as Tech Worlds 2.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:24 am 
NET Veteran

Scottemojo wrote:
mikeak wrote:

North Dakota dropped the team name last year, and do not have a team mascot or name right now. The name was actually the subject of a statewide vote.

Forgot about that. So lets see the university was pressured for a long time, defended it and lost in a statewide vote....... and now suddenly they care about being insensitive?..

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:01 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

mikeak wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:
mikeak wrote:

Forgot about that. So lets see the university was pressured for a long time, defended it and lost in a statewide vote....... and now suddenly they care about being insensitive?..

The Alumni are pretty pissed about that vote, they were to the death about that stupid mascot. Having spent a few years of my life in the Dakotas, I can tell you that racism against natives is unfortunately pretty common.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 pm 
NET Veteran

RiggoReincarnated wrote:

I haven't been around much lately and I know you kinda went off the deep end after the loss but seriously what the hell? I remember you being a respectable poster.

On a side note, 24(and a future at QB) - 14 (and a QB with no knee left)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:07 am 
NET Veteran

Hahaha this thread is great! This is why I don't put people on my foe list
Sheer stubborn ignorance = pure hilarity

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:21 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

I wonder if this guy isn't hanging out with Riggo>

From the comments section of the Nnamdi eats alone article
Quote:
Tyler Elliott • 2 hours ago −
I'd rather eat by myself then with lose selfish losers that the ole bag of feces Andy Reid compiled.. Still riles me that a despicable man like Reid is rewarded with a big contract and opportunity to coach in KC.. You'd think the penalty in the grand scheme of life for neglecting one's son and causing him to die would be stiffer

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:51 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

Back to the original op, after seeing this trainwreck derailed faster than Amtrack after a celebratory conductors' meeting binge, maybe the reason Andy Reid went back to football so quickly after his son's death was to get his mind off it and ease his suffering. Many people find solace in work, especially work that takes all of your concentration and thought away from anything else.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:01 am 
NET Veteran

drdiags wrote:
I wonder if this guy isn't hanging out with Riggo>

From the comments section of the Nnamdi eats alone article
Quote:
Tyler Elliott • 2 hours ago −
I'd rather eat by myself then with lose selfish losers that the ole bag of feces Andy Reid compiled.. Still riles me that a despicable man like Reid is rewarded with a big contract and opportunity to coach in KC.. You'd think the penalty in the grand scheme of life for neglecting one's son and causing him to die would be stiffer

Yes...giving your son a job within your team to keep him close to you is neglecting him and "causing him to die". Tony Dungy is also a rotten, dirty human being for "causing [his son] to die".

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]