Seattle At Atlanta 1/13/2013

RockinHawks

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":12mvaunp said:
Sorry . I just get angry when i think about Seattle at Atlanta 1/13/2013

but then i remember how bright our future is.
:D

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HUGGY":1ctjs8dd said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=tKstkNgFpMo

I have to confess.... I was running an errand/(my job) during most of the first half of the Atlanta game... so I missed it. I like most here believed the myth of the last 30 secs being our demise in that game.

I just love You Tube... It doesn't lie or make up lame excuses about how we lost the game in the last 30 seconds do to a poor pass rush.

Now that I actually saw the parts of the game I missed this evening I'm gonna go with the Marshawn Lynch fumble in the first qtr while we were driving with momentum on Atlanta's 40 as the real reason we lost the game. We were 1st down 15 yards from a certain field goal at the very least. Also the GREAT Russell Wilson's air game sucked in the first qtr. His passing choices and delivery of catchable balls was very "UnWilsonLike". There was one great run.

Nope ...it was lynch. His first qtr running and the fumble blew chunks. See for yourselves...as I provided the link.. you can mouse to the timeline ball and go over and over all the TRUTH!

Lynch was careless with the ball...AKA BeastMode choked when he should have been focused.

First off, it's incredibly rare that you can point to a single play - especially in the first half - and say, "That's why that game was lost." So don't go putting the blame all on Lynch. That's short-sighted and frankly, wrong.

The Atlanta game was lost for multiple reasons, and one of those reasons was our poor pass rush. That's no myth. Matt Ryan had all day to throw for damn near the whole game, and the results of that showed as Atlanta did just about whatever it wanted to for the entire first half. You don't get out to a 20-0 lead just because the opponent's RB fumbled the ball once.

Also, our run defense in the first half was AWFUL. Michael Turner with a 33-yard run? Jacquizz Rogers with a 45-yarder? Come on.

Add to that the failed 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 conversions in the red zone. If we convert either of those downs, there's a good chance we get a TD instead of walking away with nothing. We could have even picked up a FG there. Getting into the red zone TWICE in the first half and leaving with ZERO points was a lot more of an issue than a ball fumbled on the 50.

But even with all of that, the Seahawks came back to take the lead with 31 seconds remaining. You can dismiss what happened after that, but recall that we gave the ball back to Tom Brady and the Patriots with over a minute remaining when we had a 1-point lead on them back in October. The difference is that we forced incompletions in that game, and Jason Jones sacked Brady on 2nd down. We were unable to do the same against Ryan and the Falcons, and therein lies the difference between a win and a loss.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
OP translation(Voice of Tarzan): I am genius. Me figure out why lose. Not two bad play at end of game, but one bad play in first half.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
volsunghawk":33myb19i said:
HUGGY":33myb19i said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=tKstkNgFpMo

I have to confess.... I was running an errand/(my job) during most of the first half of the Atlanta game... so I missed it. I like most here believed the myth of the last 30 secs being our demise in that game.

I just love You Tube... It doesn't lie or make up lame excuses about how we lost the game in the last 30 seconds do to a poor pass rush.

Now that I actually saw the parts of the game I missed this evening I'm gonna go with the Marshawn Lynch fumble in the first qtr while we were driving with momentum on Atlanta's 40 as the real reason we lost the game. We were 1st down 15 yards from a certain field goal at the very least. Also the GREAT Russell Wilson's air game sucked in the first qtr. His passing choices and delivery of catchable balls was very "UnWilsonLike". There was one great run.

Nope ...it was lynch. His first qtr running and the fumble blew chunks. See for yourselves...as I provided the link.. you can mouse to the timeline ball and go over and over all the TRUTH!

Lynch was careless with the ball...AKA BeastMode choked when he should have been focused.

First off, it's incredibly rare that you can point to a single play - especially in the first half - and say, "That's why that game was lost." So don't go putting the blame all on Lynch. That's short-sighted and frankly, wrong.

The Atlanta game was lost for multiple reasons, and one of those reasons was our poor pass rush. That's no myth. Matt Ryan had all day to throw for damn near the whole game, and the results of that showed as Atlanta did just about whatever it wanted to for the entire first half. You don't get out to a 20-0 lead just because the opponent's RB fumbled the ball once.

Also, our run defense in the first half was AWFUL. Michael Turner with a 33-yard run? Jacquizz Rogers with a 45-yarder? Come on.

Add to that the failed 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 conversions in the red zone. If we convert either of those downs, there's a good chance we get a TD instead of walking away with nothing. We could have even picked up a FG there. Getting into the red zone TWICE in the first half and leaving with ZERO points was a lot more of an issue than a ball fumbled on the 50.

But even with all of that, the Seahawks came back to take the lead with 31 seconds remaining. You can dismiss what happened after that, but recall that we gave the ball back to Tom Brady and the Patriots with over a minute remaining when we had a 1-point lead on them back in October. The difference is that we forced incompletions in that game, and Jason Jones sacked Brady on 2nd down. We were unable to do the same against Ryan and the Falcons, and therein lies the difference between a win and a loss.

First off, it's incredibly rare that you can point to a single play -

I pointed to several first qtr plays. OR two plays and an injury more like it. On the play where Lynch fumbled he actually ran well till he coughedup the ball. Before that he ran poorly. The bogus punt was just as bad as the fumble because they both gave Atlanta a short field. The injury to Wilson's favorite target TE right out of the gate was probably the one "event" that contributed mostly to a sluggish first half for the Seahawks.

I'm still not worried about the pass rush. We had the lowest scoring defense.

hawker84

Reaction score
Lady Talon":3q1hx3ax said:
Lynch was hit in the nuts on that first quarter fumble... I don't know how that feels but I hear it can break your concentration.

In Lynch's case, I believe the blow made him believe he was playing in San Francisco. He then fumbled the ball to prevent being gang tackled without an athletic supporter for protection.

While the fumble certainly hurt during the game. It was hardly the key play. And you could hardly blame Lynch for believing that his reputation was in danger and protecting himself.

LOL, wut?

drdiags

Reaction score
Sounds like taking away from the efforts of the opponent. The Seahawks lost to Atlanta. Numerous things contributed to it and if singling out Lynch and absolving the DL as the reason for the loss is the opinion, I will state that I do not agree.

Was the DL the sole reason for the letdown in the last 30 secs? Nope. Wagner himself admits he should have tackled Gonzalez where he caught the ball instead of trying to go for the strip and giving up 5-7 more yards. The defense called could have contributed? The coverages. The Lynch fumble, 2 ineffective plays called on 3rd and 4th down in the first half. The sack given up by Sweezy. It goes on and on. As others pointed out, the running of the Falcons. The blown coverages or just outstanding play of Gonzalez.

Team should be proud of coming back on the road in a hostile environment but they all know they should have started better and the defense is kicking themselves for not finishing better.

Maybe the Falcons were just better that day? Tough to admit but maybe, just maybe it is the case?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HUGGY":3us1pc78 said:
I'm still not worried about the pass rush. We had the lowest scoring defense.

How did that lowest scoring defense do for us against Atlanta? :roll:

The pass rush IS a problem. It may not show up as a big deal against Arizona or Buffalo, but it will bite us in the ass in the postseason when we face higher-caliber QBs who can burn even our secondary, given enough time.

Richard Sherman was outstanding against Atlanta, but he still got beat for a TD. If we have a guy taking Matt Ryan down within 3 seconds of the snap, Atlanta doesn't score 30 against us - simple as that.

hawker84

Reaction score
our Run D and our Pass rush was horrible (Strike that: NON Existant) ... they pulled a no show , just like they did the first half of the washington game and had been doing in most away games all season.. simple as that.. Marshawn was a battered warrior, i'm suprised he didn't have more fumbles after all the beating he took last season.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawker84":8p3ylz8o said:
Lady Talon":8p3ylz8o said:
Lynch was hit in the nuts on that first quarter fumble... I don't know how that feels but I hear it can break your concentration.

In Lynch's case, I believe the blow made him believe he was playing in San Francisco. He then fumbled the ball to prevent being gang tackled without an athletic supporter for protection.

While the fumble certainly hurt during the game. It was hardly the key play. And you could hardly blame Lynch for believing that his reputation was in danger and protecting himself.

LOL, wut?

Sound like he got a concussion from a shot to the nuts. Makes sense.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
hawker84":zh7glvry said:
our Run D and our Pass rush was horrible (Strike that: NON Existant) ... they pulled a no show , just like they did the first half of the washington game and had been doing in most away games all season.. simple as that.. Marshawn was a battered warrior, i'm suprised he didn't have more fumbles after all the beating he took last season.

Nonsense. Our D Rush caused Matty Ice to throw an interception in the first qtr.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
HUGGY":3orhos50 said:
hawker84":3orhos50 said:

Nonsense. Our D Rush caused Matty Ice to throw an interception in the first qtr.

Dude, I think its time to just GET OVER IT

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":35qsbl3u said:
HUGGY":35qsbl3u said:
hawker84":35qsbl3u said:

Dude, I think its time to just GET OVER IT

Fine...get over it... I haven't seen the second qtr yet.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I disagree with the OP. I believe in "cause and effect."In other words, if an earlier event turned out differently, then the events following would also be different.

Obviously, a turnover doesn't help the team, but to say that a single event earlier on in the game was the reason for a loss doesn't make sense to me.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3mr7g13e said:
Lady Talon":3mr7g13e said:

As a male with at least two of those, I can attest it hurts like HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

At least two? Did your time in the Navy lead to contact with radiation which in turn caused mutation? Or should you just be at Charles Xavier's school?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
That was a terrible fumble that really hurt the team, no doubt. Lots of other things went wrong as well though.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":lrvpqt75 said:
I disagree with the OP. I believe in "cause and effect."In other words, if an earlier event turned out differently, then the events following would also be different.

Obviously, a turnover doesn't help the team, but to say that a single event earlier on in the game was the reason for a loss doesn't make sense to me.

It shouldn't make sense to anyone because I didn't say it or imply it. Several negative things happened in the first qtr that impacted the final outcome. The fumble was one of them. This may come as a shock to some of you but turnovers frequently lead to losses.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HUGGY":4dt0qlvo said:
Hawken-Dazs":4dt0qlvo said:

It shouldn't make sense to anyone because I didn't say it or imply it. Several negative things happened in the first qtr that impacted the final outcome. The fumble was one of them. This may come as a shock to some of you but turnovers frequently lead to losses.

This may come as a shock to you, but we won the turnover battle in that game. Yes, the final tally was 2 turnovers for each team, but that was only because Wilson was intercepted on the Hail Mary on the last play.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Huggy, seriously bro get over it. We need your amazing analysis for more important things like the combine. Need you to find us a RB that wont fumble ever. No, forget finding us pass rush, need you on that no fumble train

hawker84

Reaction score
HUGGY":ar6j9q2m said:
hawker84":ar6j9q2m said:

:shock: i certainly hope your not trying to say we had an effective pass rush that day..

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
hawker84":b5oyhjcb said:
HUGGY":b5oyhjcb said:
hawker84":b5oyhjcb said:

:shock: i certainly hope your not trying to say we had an effective pass rush that day..

Maybe.... :lol:

Latest posts