Rebuilding the Kings/Sonics

GCrow

Reaction score
Throwdown":2yt9ho3f said:
Lol I don't see why GCrows mad, the team sucked with or without Robinson it's not gonna make a difference.

I'm more, just baffled...yeah they are bad regardless, however it's not like Robinson is a bad player himself. He's 21, only half a season into his career and should turn out to be a very solid player in the NBA pretty soon.

Basically they traded a guy they just spent the #5 pick on 8 months ago to save less than 4 million... :?:

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think if the move happens, I've narrowed my wants down to 3 players in the draft...

Marcus Smart PG, OK State
James McAdoo, SF/PF, North Carolina (I don't even care where he's projected, if they don't have the #1 overall pick I'm taking him anywhere outside of the top 2 picks I think those two are for Nerlens Noel if he comes out and Ben McLemore)
Victor Olapido, SG, Indiana

sainthawk29

Reaction score
Olipido... seriously that kid reminds me of MJ.... not as talented. but he flashes Jordan

Throwdown

Reaction score
sainthawk29":3jetny13 said:
Olipido... seriously that kid reminds me of MJ.... not as talented. but he flashes Jordan

He needs some work on the jumper, but god... The guy is friggin GOOD!

Depending on what happened in the offseason, it'd be a pretty awesome back court with Evans at PG and Olapido at SG.

chris98251

Reaction score
Throwdown":wxiprvzd said:
sainthawk29":wxiprvzd said:

Depending on what happened in the offseason, it'd be a pretty awesome back court with Evans at PG and Olapido at SG.

Jordan didn't have a good jumper when he came into the league either, he worked his ass off to develop one.

I want a big man in the middle that can run and is an athlete, yeah they are hard to find but getting one is the best way to guarentee a long run of success, forwards and gaurds can be found all over.

Throwdown

Reaction score
chris98251":2y4od414 said:
Throwdown":2y4od414 said:
sainthawk29":2y4od414 said:

Jordan didn't have a good jumper when he came into the league either, he worked his ass off to develop one.

I want a big man in the middle that can run and is an athlete, yeah they are hard to find but getting one is the best way to guarentee a long run of success, forwards and gaurds can be found all over.

lol Good luck with that in this draft!

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Jordan might've had to develop his jump shot, but he could always jump. When he shot a jump shot it was like he was getting up on a stepladder. It was unbelievable.

chris98251

Reaction score
lol Good luck with that in this draft!

I know, it's why I don't like trading away the 5th pick, teams that have been on top for decades get a middle guy. Lakers have traded a lot of players to get a big man whenever they need one, same with the Celtics over the years. They then build up around him. You don't have to draft one, you trade for one that has shown potential and or is a veteran from a cheap team and build up the cheap team with gaurds and forwards. Lakers have went after Chamberlin, Jabbar, Divoc, and many others over their history and maintained a championship type team.

The Kings Front Office gave up on a guy in like 5 months to save money is all, hope the Maloofs choke on the 30 million advance Hansen gave them.

Throwdown

Reaction score
If you're talking about a center, the teams coming with one of the best young big men in the game in DeMarcus Cousins, the issue with him is his attitude, I personally think if you put some good dudes around who are strong they could mentor him into maturity.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well thats good to know then, I have not kept up on players and the NBA since the Sonics were taken. A good coach and players to mature him and let him play to his strengths while teaching him the subtle aspecst of being a Pro can do wonders. Shaq wasn't exactly a easy player to get matured either. He still seems like a big kid but was just so good he got away with a lot as a young guy.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
A lot of rumors in Portland that the Blazers are going to make a run at Tyreke Evans this offseason (he'll be a restricted free agent I believe). Mostly to play the 2, but also to be an alternative to Lillard at times at pg.

If i'm a Sonics fan the first move i would want is to ship out Cousins. Addition by subtraction, even though he's a real good player when he decides to be.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":2xwjpc20 said:
Portland better worry about that weak ol bench ;)

Thats the point. If you get Evans he's either the 6th man or Wesley Matthews is the 6th man. Both of who would be huge upgrades.

chris98251

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1g2134fo said:
Throwdown":1g2134fo said:

Thats the point. If you get Evans he's either the 6th man or Wesley Matthews is the 6th man. Both of who would be huge upgrades.

You don't trade a proven Big man for a 6th man.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":3jjqtey6 said:
JSeahawks":3jjqtey6 said:
Throwdown":3jjqtey6 said:

You don't trade a proven Big man for a 6th man.

Hmm. Not sure where you're coming from. I'm talking about the Blazers potentially signing Tyreke Evans in free agency. No trade of big man is involved.

If you're talking about my previous post where i said Sacramento/Seattle should trade Cousins that is completely unrelated to my Tyreke Evans thoght.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmm. Not sure where you're coming from. I'm talking about the Blazers potentially signing Tyreke Evans in free agency. No trade of big man is involved.

If you're talking about my previous post where i said Sacramento/Seattle should trade Cousins that is completely unrelated to my Tyreke Evans thoght.

Yeah thats how I was thinking, damn Internet can confuse things when there are multi topics realted to the same subject in one thread.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Gonna throw another name out there about a guy who caught my attention about a week or two ago.

Otto Porter, Reportedly at the Kevin Durant Skill Academy, he measured a 7'1 wingspan, standing 6'8

He's a really incredibly raw offensive player, but his defense is excellent, I love these kinds of role players for some odd reason. The Tayshaun Prince's, Tony Allen's, and a more recently drafted player Iman Shumpert from the Knicks.

[youtube]YLKl98IkCWg[/youtube]

IMO, you could plug this guy in right on the current Kings Roster at starting SF and go, IF you have a decent coaching staff that is willing and able to put in the time on him, he'd be a treat to watch if he can reach his potential.

chris98251

Reaction score
Throwdown":2lsiq4zf said:
Gonna throw another name out there about a guy who caught my attention about a week or two ago.

Otto Porter, Reportedly at the Kevin Durant Skill Academy, he measured a 7'1 wingspan, standing 6'8

He's a really incredibly raw offensive player, but his defense is excellent, I love these kinds of role players for some odd reason. The Tayshaun Prince's, Tony Allen's, and a more recently drafted player Iman Shumpert from the Knicks.

Ok, watched the breakdown, I think someone needs to teach him how to rework his jump shot, his form is really ugly and needs to be brought in line, he has elbows and arms all over. I think he does have athleticism but not power. I think if he can get a more consistent shot he would make a good Off Gaurd. someone that can move and post up guys smaller, I didn't see a power move to the basket either, another part of his game to work on and making his feet quicker.

Has tools but needs a bunch of polish so to speak.

Throwdown

Reaction score
chris98251":182hhs6l said:
Throwdown":182hhs6l said:

Ok, watched the breakdown, I think someone needs to teach him how to rework his jump shot, his form is really ugly and needs to be brought in line, he has elbows and arms all over. I think he does have athleticism but not power. I think if he can get a more consistent shot he would make a good Off Gaurd. someone that can move and post up guys smaller, I didn't see a power move to the basket either, another part of his game to work on and making his feet quicker.

Has tools but needs a bunch of polish so to speak.

Pretty much, thats where the coaching staff comes in, but for someone that never played AAU ball (where most of these prospects get polished in HS) He's pretty damn good.

GCrow

Reaction score
Shabazz Muhammad screams Sacramento Kings pick with this FO. Man is tailor made for their offence (whoever touches the ball first over half court, goes 1 on 5).

A good pick would definitely be someone like Porter or even Victor Oladipo from the Hoosiers.