kearly's dream draft 3.0

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
aawolf":1qnodspc said:
Armonty Bryant was charged wih selling weed to an undercover officer at football practice---TWICE. That's a knucklehead for you. I wouldn't draft him even if he were a top-ten talent unless he's done quite a bit to rehabilitate himself since his arrest in October. This is the one pick in your draft that I would hate. I like where your going with a DE, though, and I'd probably take the other best available one here. Margus Hunt may be available. If your looking for sleepers, then I've got one for you---Brandon Jenkins, DE, FSU--he had 13.5 sacks in 2010 and 8 in 2011--he sat out all of 2012 with a foot injury. He's going to be a steal in the 3rd round..

Right, but consider that a late 3rd round pick is worth maybe 5% of what a top 5 pick is worth. If you swung for the fences and missed 19 times, but got DeMarcus Ware once, you'd be in pretty good shape. He's an idiot, but so was Irvin, who damaged property a month before the draft. So are a lot of young men. I'm not ignoring the risk. I'm weighing it.

I LOVE that people think this way about Bryant, that somehow he's not worth the risk there. I hope our FO is not among them. The Seahawks were the first team Bryant mentioned when asked about interest from NFL teams, so I'd assume not.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":hblj0gqt said:
Not really high on the Swoops pick. I'm not sure he'd be an upgrade over Baldwin and as I think it is much cheaper to find a suitable slot WR than a big body who can replace Sidney Rice if he goes down. Unless you bring in a guy like Harvin, Welker or draft Austin for the slot. We need to spend a pick on a project future #1 WR. A guy with size that can out muscle and out jump 5'11 CB's. Hunter, Williams, Rogers, Dobson, Patterson, and Hamilton are all over 6'2, and there are even a few 6'1 guys in Woods and Wheaton that might fall to the 3rd-4th round. I'm on the bandwagon wither we grab a qucik speedy slot who we can move around the field and that can return kicks, or we get a big body that can compete with Tate and/or backup Rice.

If Rice goes down I dread our passing game regresses drastically even with an improved RW throwing the ball.

Kinda feel stupid now, Swope proved he has size, speed, and hops. I honsetly expected him to come in smaller and slower simply because he looks like a punter or kicker. I've changed my tune and would probably be happy with him in the 2nd but preferably the 3rd.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":2u1s6hr5 said:
aawolf":2u1s6hr5 said:
Armonty Bryant was charged wih selling weed to an undercover officer at football practice---TWICE. That's a knucklehead for you. I wouldn't draft him even if he were a top-ten talent unless he's done quite a bit to rehabilitate himself since his arrest in October. This is the one pick in your draft that I would hate. I like where your going with a DE, though, and I'd probably take the other best available one here. Margus Hunt may be available. If your looking for sleepers, then I've got one for you---Brandon Jenkins, DE, FSU--he had 13.5 sacks in 2010 and 8 in 2011--he sat out all of 2012 with a foot injury. He's going to be a steal in the 3rd round..

Right, but consider that a late 3rd round pick is worth maybe 5% of what a top 5 pick is worth. If you swung for the fences and missed 19 times, but got DeMarcus Ware once, you'd be in pretty good shape. He's an idiot, but so was Irvin, who damaged property a month before the draft. So are a lot of young men. I'm not ignoring the risk. I'm weighing it.

I LOVE that people think this way about Bryant, that somehow he's not worth the risk there. I hope our FO is not among them. The Seahawks were the first team Bryant mentioned when asked about interest from NFL teams, so I'd assume not.
Hit the rewind to 10 months ago when Pete was getting panned for taking Irvin, and it reads like aawolf.

Also, AA, he was arrested for selling weed once. he sold to the same guy twice, but was arrested once. Small detail, I know, but an important detail.

There is one play that stands out on Bryant's tape more than any of the others. He stands up and covers a tight end down the field. It is the only time he was in coverage that I saw. 35 yards down field he makes a play at the pylon to knock down a pass. It was an athletic play that made the level of competition irrelevant. It wasn't all the other stuff that hooked me, but that one freak play.