Different draft plan

Chawker

Reaction score
1. Better pass rush
Would you be interested in a player that had 27.5 sacks and 50 TFL in his four years of his college career and could get said player in the second round. Are you interested? What if I said there is one, and another that matches his numbers over the last two years. So now we got two (2) players to choose from in round two. Remember Quinn saying that we will blitz more, think LB. But what to do with are first round selection.
Round 1 DT we may resign Branch, WR seems to be the logical choice here.

What....are u mad bro, because I'm not sharing names? you guys need to have something to do with your spare time.
8)

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
It took me about 10 reads to understand about 50% of what you were trying to say

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think the most I got out of the post was some fond Alf memories.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'd say its about more than just the numbers, but the player and his fit in the defense. why not share who you're talking about so we can discuss him past his sack total and whether he can play the OLB/DE role i think you're suggesting 8)

One of the guys you might be talking about having a great two-year production (and four year) is Trevardo Williams from UConn, but Im not sure.

12evanf

Reaction score
Chase Thomas career 27.5 sacks, 50.5 TFL. That's who is talking about. He is hinting at drafting Chase Thomas in Round 2, resigning Alan Branch and choosing a WR in Round 1.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Correct 12evanf ! But there is another LBer that had more sacks than Thomas his JR. year. The other play had 9.5 sacks to Thomas 8.5 sacks. Both will be readily available in round two.

12evanf

Reaction score
Chawker":zg55h7u9 said:
Correct 12evanf ! But there is another LBer that had more sacks than Thomas his JR. year. The other play had 9.5 sacks to Thomas 8.5 sacks. Both will be readily available in round two.

For the win, Sean Porter!

I had to dig up stats on Chase Thomas, actually was kinda fun working to figure out who you were talking about.

kearly

Reaction score
I think Chase Thomas is this year's Nick Reed. Too slow to be a linebacker, too small to be an NFL DE. A great college player but so was Nick Reed. Not ripping anything he did at Stanford, but I think he'll be a 7th rounder and probably won't make a roster for very long.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Given the right opportunity and played as a OLBer in a 4-3 or the Mike postion he'll be a good starter, if they try to play him in a leo DE then he is doomed to failure. Thomas is a will LBer in a 4-3 he plays the run well, his weakest area is picking up crossing routes. I see him going late second to early third round, his stock is on the rise.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Chawker do you want some help with your writing composition? Seahawks.net has a few published writers, I believe, who could give you some basic sentence structure help.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3vna0l83 said:
Chawker do you want some help with your writing composition? Seahawks.net has a few published writers, I believe, who could give you some basic sentence structure help.
Now that's some funny shit right there.

Thanks for the laffs, brother. :th2thumbs:

Food for thot... perhaps there's a bar or two in the vicinity of the "corner of 40th and plum". :thirishdrinkers: