Do you think Wilson will pull a Brady?

Gifted1

Reaction score
I don't see how he isn't in line for a big contract if he keeps progressing the way that he does.

And as a Seahawks fan, i would be more than happy to shell out a huge contract for him when the time comes.
Can't think of a more deserving recipient if he keeps up the great work.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Especially when you look at the production for the $ they are likely to get by the time they re-negotiate. It may be a huge contract, and deservingly so, but they are getting him for a few years at a very low number.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2w4j1rof said:
Wilson doesnt have a wife who's the primary bread winner in the family. I'd imagine that makes it a lot easier. And no, i dont expect Wilson to give any kind of discount, and don't believe that he should.

Exactly. Brady has been banking off the NFL for a long time, Wilson is coming off a rookie season. And like said above...he doesn't have a sugar momma!

I know you guys love the kid, but the kid needs to eat! ;)

kearly

Reaction score
Even Tom Brady didn't accept half what he was worth on his first FA contract. So, no. In fact, I'm expecting Wilson to get a very Felix-Hernandez-esque record breaking extension in 2015.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":2ud5hhbm said:
Even Tom Brady didn't accept half what he was worth on his first FA contract. So, no. In fact, I'm expecting Wilson to get a very Felix-Hernandez-esque record breaking extension in 2015.

And I would expect that Paul Allen, Pete Carroll, and John Schneider will have no problem forking out the cash for him. I definatly dont expect any hold out or anything like that. I would expect complete professionalism and desire to get it done from both sides, when the time comes.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He deserves what the market dictates. I won't begrudge him for maximizing his earning potential while he's in his 20s, especially in a cut-throat league like the NFL. I think it would be really unfair to put any other expectation on this kid, especially considering he's playing for pennies right now (in relative terms). Seattle has the pockets and the time to prepare for this.

Also, I'm sure a person as goal-oriented as Wilson has plans to do big things in the world of philanthropy/charity. If he gets paid, it won't necessarily just be about the bigger house.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Wilson will get his big payday if he continues at this pace. He will have earned it.

I don't expect him to give the team a discount, but I think he'll get a deal done quickly so long as he's offered fair market value. He's already said he's all about winning moreso than the money, and he's given nobody a reason to doubt that. I fully expect him go for what he's worth, but I'd be suprised if he held out because of shallow, primadonna crap like not being the highest paid QB in the league. That said, I've seen people show a totally different personality when money is involved, but he just doesn't stike me as that type of person.

Bottom line? He suprised everyone during pre, reg, and post season. He will continue to suprise and surpass expectations, including when it's time for his big payday. This guy is a Hawk for life. :thirishdrinkers:

hawker84

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":3td4sf9t said:
27 mil ain't exactly starvation.

that would be 57 mil guarenteed.... his great grand kids will be living large on ole pappies money...

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
It's prolly too late for him to marry the highest paid model in the world. So no 'pulling a Brady' in his future unless you mean he's going to shed tears on TV which I highly doubt.

kjreid

Reaction score
The whole point is 57 million PAID up until he is 40 years old. I think this is a solid contract for Brady and it is going to bite NE in the arse in a couple of years when 37-38 year old brady is hobbled by injury and they are paying 10-11 mil a year.. the old mortgage the future to gratify the present

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
No. Not at all. He will be ready to get paid after being perhaps the most underpaid player in the NFL during his rookie deal. I expect no discounts. He can, should, and will get paid a max deal.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kjreid":1qedz89y said:
The whole point is 57 million PAID up until he is 40 years old. I think this is a solid contract for Brady and it is going to bite NE in the arse in a couple of years when 37-38 year old brady is hobbled by injury and they are paying 10-11 mil a year.. the old mortgage the future to gratify the present

I'm glad I'm not the only who's noticed this. I don't think the deal is as gracious as some people are letting on. It's not exactly like this is a 28 year old Brady making this deal.

canucklhead

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2ss4zj8f said:
Wilson doesnt have a wife who's the primary bread winner in the family. I'd imagine that makes it a lot easier. And no, i dont expect Wilson to give any kind of discount, and don't believe that he should.

Bingo!!!

Not as altruistic to leave millions on the table when your wife makes multiple times more millions a year than you do. At the same time alot of athletes wouldn't give a darn and would demand top dollar anyway out of pure hubris so Brady does get some (tempered) credit.

As for RW if anybody has the character make-up to do so it's him.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
We got a playoff run with a $500k QB. If he keeps playing the way he does, his next contract should be for what he's worth as well as to make up for all the additional value we got from him.

Schadie001

Reaction score
HawkFan72":rf6tbig3 said:
You do realize that Brady got a $30 million signing bonus and that this new deal GUARANTEES him $57 million from the Patriots right?

I don't know many people who wouldn't "pull a Brady".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/26/tom-brady-gets-30-million-to-sign/

Exactly, everyone is acting like he gave the team some discount. He got an unheard of amount of guaranteed money. He could go down in training camp never to return and that team is strapped with 57 mil they owe him.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
gspin2k1":sg6qdvwl said:
We got a playoff run with a $500k QB. If he keeps playing the way he does, his next contract should be for what he's worth as well as to make up for all the additional value we got from him.

Nothing needs to be made up for. He's getting everything in his contract as well as some sweet endorsements. I'm glad a great many of you aren't managing the team's cap, as you don't seem to have the best interest of the team as a whole in mind. We don't win with RW alone.

HUGGY

Reaction score
Do you think Wilson will pull a Brady?

Maybe... But he'll do it sooner .... and "Bigger".