Oh my God, Chiefs trade for Alex Smith..

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ebook_news

2nd-round pick, and maybe more? What the hell? I can almost guarantee this will fail. Reid's already setting himself up to get fired in a couple of years. Alex Smith hasn't been able to do crap in more offensive systems than I can count on one hand in his career, and he finally found some success with a dumbed-down offense that only worked because of great talent around him with the 49ers. The Chiefs do not have that. What are they thinking? Shaking my head...

pehawk

Reaction score
Nothing against Alex, but that 49er starting QB job is the kooshiest in the entire NFL. A great offensive mind with a decade of 1st rounders across the line. I still dont know if Alex is good or starting quality, guess we'll find out.

SilNWest

Reaction score
Wow... That's a huge price for Smith IMO, but then we as Seahawks fans knew him before he was seen as a good quarterback.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If that's true, that it's two 2nd-rounders...I am in awe of Reid's stupidity, and I feel sorry for Chiefs fans.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3sshna2n said:
Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls
Goddamn it Andy. RT @3k_ SF gets two 2nd round picks...a Super Bowl team from NFC West just traded backup QB for 2 2nd rounders. Shit.

Just how many incriminating photos of Andy Reid does Harbaugh have?

Not sure about the two 2nd rounders. The only thing I've seen is a 2nd round in 2013 and MAYBE something in 2014...

drdiags

Reaction score
Good for Smith, bad for Chiefs and great for 9ers. At least one high 2nd round pick (think it is the 2nd pick in the 2nd, since they flop with Jaguars on alternate rounds).

If I were a neutral observer I would congratulate the 9ers on getting this type of value for Smith. But since it is a division foe, I am going to have to reflect Danny Kelly's response.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the only really bright spot is that there is the remote chance that this sets a higher value on Flynn for any team remaining out there that might want a QB. Difference is that I'd bet Smith will be handed the starting job while Flynn's going to have to compete for a shot wherever he ends up.

Come on, Gus, don't you want to bring Flynn over to Jax for a 3rd?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I bet you Revis is a 49er in a few weeks. They have so many draft picks and so few spots on their roster to fill.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls
fart noise RT @Jimmy_Beast If accurate, Niners' picks: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7. Also projected to get 4, 7, 7 comp picks. Unreal.

Great year to have so many picks in round 2 and 3. The only way this is going to make me feel a little better is if we get at least a 3rd round pick for Matt Flynn from the Jaguars.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Wow, 9er fans have a reason to celebrate today. KC seems to have gotten fleeced

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2x9vbce6 said:
Wow, 9er fans have a reason to celebrate today. KC seems to have gotten fleeced

SEEMS?

The Chiefs don't have an elite roster to fluff up a mediocre QB to the point of winning games like the 49ers did when Harbaugh came to town. This is going to get Reid fired in a couple of years if he doesn't find a real QB in the next two years, most likely.

DannyMcGwire

Reaction score
That's just crazy. Good for the 49ers I guess. Don't see how this can possibly turn out well for Reid and the Chiefs.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":14gk8k3w said:
Ridiculous. I really hope the 49ers suck at drafting this year.

There is NO way they keep all 15 picks. They're either trading for a Revis or Harvin, or moving up in the 1st round to get their guy.

The Niners are like us, they don't have room for 10-15 rookies. And now with Smith's salary off the books.. this is an even bigger coup.

F'n Kansas City man.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Wow. The amount of draft capital the Niners just scored in this trade is not good news.

I thought it'd be more like a 3rd or 4th for Smith. Damn.

Latest posts