Oh my God, Chiefs trade for Alex Smith..

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Could you guys imagine 49ers grabbing DeAndre Hopkins and Ryan Swope both? Eddie Lacy to back up Gore? Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz as their second TE?

Or trade up and grab a solid DT to eventually replace Justin Smith?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Got to hand it to the 49ers, this is the kind of move that allows you unlimited flexibility. They are going to be able to stack that roster. Yuck

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The NFL should investigate to find out whether Andy Reid was roofied by a 49ers employee prior to this. I can totally see Jim Harbaugh keeping a baggy in his pocket with some Rohypnol.

@ K.C.'s finest steak house: "Hi, Andy! I took the liberty of ordering this fine bottle of wine and having you a glass poured for our meeting. Enjoy!"

SuperHawks

Reaction score
Horrible news for the Hawks. Can't believe people were trying to spin this as a good thing for us (increasing Flynn's value)

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
wow first pick in the second round, conditional pick next year. We'll probably have to hold Flynn w/ no market. Sweet :49ersmall:

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I hope Alex flourishes over in KC. The dudes been through hell and back. I am a little jealous of all the picks the niners get this year but I think in the end it will be RW that tilts the scale in our favor. Anyone anywhere.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SuperHawks":3q5wwyei said:
Horrible news for the Hawks. Can't believe people were trying to spin this as a good thing for us (increasing Flynn's value)

It's not truly horrible until after we see what happens with the draft. Just merely getting the picks, in and of itself, isn't a bad thing for the Hawks.

It also isn't necessarily positive for the Seahawks either. Just because there's one team that overpayed for a starting qb doesn't mean another will overpay for a backup qb.

With that said though, we did get a pick for Jackson, which many didn't believe to be possible, so Flynn should attract SOME attention and given Smith's price tag, we can push the envelope a little and try for a higher pick.

The Niners had 11 picks to our 10. if the stories are true that they get a 2nd round pick, that puts them at 12 to our 10. Still not a horrible difference. They do have (I believe) a thrid and a second round pick now over us, but we have more picks later. Honestly, both teams have a pretty solid core of starters, and the draft is mostly for depth, so I really don't see it as too big of an issue right now.

Of course come draft day we'll know for sure just what they are doing, but honestly, I have faith that even with the extra picks, we can have a relatively close to even draft day with them, and will still go into next season primed to contend for the NFC West crown.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Kid, while you have a valid point, the fact remains that even a broken clock is right twice per day and the 49ers have so many picks this year, and the draft is widely considered to be one of the deepest ever, that they could randomly throw darts at their draft board to determine who to grab and likely come away with a couple of new starters.

This sucks. I hope we beat their asses black & blue both times this year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1c8stwdw said:
Kid, while you have a valid point, the fact remains that even a broken clock is right twice per day and the 49ers have so many picks this year, and the draft is widely considered to be one of the deepest ever, that they could randomly throw darts at their draft board to determine who to grab and likely come away with a couple of new starters.

This sucks. I hope we beat their asses black & blue both times this year.

That possibility is there for sure, I'm not saying it isn't, but they haven't done it yet, and honestly, they have a lot of starters returning this year, so they will be mostly drafting for depth.

I think this draft does more for them in a few years to keep them in contention, than it will do for them this upcoming season.

I still will wait and see what actually happens in the draft before I start to worry...I'd also like to believe that as long as we continue to have Kaepernick's number like we did last year, it won't matter :)

Reaction score
The Niners had 14 picks prior to this one if you include compensatory picks, which includes an expected 3rd rounder... This is just insane now.

kidhawk

Reaction score
QuickLightning":3ta9gwzd said:
The Niners had 14 picks prior to this one if you include compensatory picks, which includes an expected 3rd rounder... This is just insane now.

Have they announced compensatory picks or is this just the speculation? I hadn't heard that they announced them yet.

Reaction score
kidhawk":wo9wpp2u said:
QuickLightning":wo9wpp2u said:

Have they announced compensatory picks or is this just the speculation? I hadn't heard that they announced them yet.

You can get pretty close to figuring it out looking at players lost minus players gained and the corresponding salary given.

The Seahawks are also likely to get 2 with 4 losses in the offseason and 2 players gained.

http://12thmanrising.com/2013/01/30/sea ... 013-draft/

kidhawk

Reaction score
QuickLightning":103muirn said:
kidhawk":103muirn said:
QuickLightning":103muirn said:

You can get pretty close to figuring it out looking at players lost minus players gained and the corresponding salary given.

The Seahawks are also likely to get 2 with 4 losses in the offseason and 2 players gained.

http://12thmanrising.com/2013/01/30/sea ... 013-draft/

I'd seen the estimations, it just sounded from your post like they'd already been announced. Was just curious if they had. I thought they were announced closer to the draft.

I still think, even with this trade, that we have the draft capitol to keep up with the Niners draftwise, and have a good shot at the NFC West title this season. Of course we still have a shot to add to ours if we decide to shop Flynn now that Smith is off the market

Reaction score
I think all four teams are in prime position to take the division. With all the high end draft picks the Rams got, they would have to be pretty dumb to miss out on some high end talent. The Cardinals are just a QB and a few offensive linemen away from being a SERIOUS threat with the scary defense they have.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":gq8c5o2m said:
Wow, 9er fans have a reason to celebrate today. KC seems to have gotten fleeced

If the 9ers fans have messageboards like .NET, then there's probably a ridiculous segment of fans who are gnashing their teeth over the loss of their backup QB and saying things like, "Would YOU be comfortable with a rookie backup?!? Well, you're going to have to find out now11!!1!"

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
After comp picks, they will have something like 18 picks. No way they are even thinking about keeping all of those. Too many rookies that wouldn't make a talented roster.

Harvin and or Revis will be in San Fran soon. That or some serious trading up for the exact players they want.

Great position to be in.

Now, I must go laugh at the sole chiefs fan in my office.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2tojjzs4 said:
Could you guys imagine 49ers grabbing DeAndre Hopkins and Ryan Swope both? Eddie Lacy to back up Gore? Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz as their second TE?

Or trade up and grab a solid DT to eventually replace Justin Smith?

This won't happen. They're going to package these picks for a player they want.. whether that's an NFL veteran (Revis, Harvin, etc) or a guy in the upper part of the draft is the only thing that remains to be seen.

They simply don't have the roster spots for FIFTEEN rookies.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kidhawk":2w8buzoq said:
I'd also like to believe that as long as we continue to have Kaepernick's number like we did last year, it won't matter :)

That was Kaepernick's "First NFL 'deer in the headlights'" game. We're not going to see him look that lost again. That pissy, maybe, when we're beating his ass; but not that lost. Also, I was referring more to future seasons when I mentioned drafting starters than this season, though I can almost guarantee at least one of their picks will be a starter of some kind. Unless they keep drafting people like A.J. Jenkins.