Oh my God, Chiefs trade for Alex Smith..

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Good move by the 49ers. Not gonna stress about it though. Seahawks need to get better regardless of what their opponents do.

Anybody know who SF's backup QB is now?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1dlv8w4s said:
Good move by the 49ers. Not gonna stress about it though. Seahawks need to get better regardless of what their opponents do.

They could trade for Flynn? :D

kidhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3a8pbews said:

The only other qb on the roster listed is Scott Tolzien. I'm guessing they'll pick up someone with one of their draft picks, a free agent or both.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I'm waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out of a closet and tell me I just got punk'd. This can't be true. TWO second round picks? Did they see the first 5 years of his career?

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":tvuua2pb said:
SeahawksFanForever":tvuua2pb said:
Could you guys imagine 49ers grabbing DeAndre Hopkins and Ryan Swope both? Eddie Lacy to back up Gore? Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz as their second TE?

Or trade up and grab a solid DT to eventually replace Justin Smith?

This won't happen. They're going to package these picks for a player they want.. whether that's an NFL veteran (Revis, Harvin, etc) or a guy in the upper part of the draft is the only thing that remains to be seen.

They simply don't have the roster spots for FIFTEEN rookies.

If they are going to package these picks for a player then want then I expect that player to be a rookie in this draft. They can not afford Revis or Harvin because of their cap issues. They're already paying a lot of guys, and Crabtree, Aldon Smith, Iupati, and Kaepernick are up soon.

And, getting a rookie D-linemen to eventually replace Justin Smith makes the most sense to me. Either way, they are going to have a lot of options.

Reaction score
Scott Tolzien looked good in preseason. Many were expecting him to be above Kaepernick in the draft chart because he was a better pocket passer.

He can't scramble though.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
First thought, Bwhahahaha KC got jobbed. Second Thought, Screw the Whiners, can't believe they received that for Alex Smith.

This is a crazy move, on par with the Ponder reach by Minnesota.

I just don't want Suck Fest picking up any of our targets, b*ttholes.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I suspect Harbaugh will bring in a veteran backup for cheap. Suppose they could also be in the market for a EJ Manuel or Matt Scott with their offense

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
volsunghawk":r4fqod4k said:
JesterHawk":r4fqod4k said:
Did they see the first 5 years of his career?

I imagine they're much more concerned with the most recent 1.5 seasons than they are with anything he did as a rookie.

He was a rookie for one of those first five years, and your reply would still only make sense if Smith had success with a decent offense of some kind that didn't depend on tons of great talent on both sides of the ball. In other words, if Smith was capable of running an offense that wasn't really simple and avoided throwing more than 10-15 yards at a time, ever.

:roll:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":4oul6ozl said:
Why didn't they trade Kaepernick instead? Smith beat Seattle. Kaepernick was lost.

That was Kaepernick's 6th start. He went 19-36, 244, 1 TD, 1 INT. Russell Wilson's 7th start featured a 26 QBR and an amazing 122 yards on 9 of 23 passing, 0 TDs and an INT. People forget just how green Kaepernick is. Give him a full season as a starter like Russell Wilson and then we'll see.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Rings, I'm pretty sure he was trolling. Also, he's not THAT green, (compared to a fresh rookie with the same number of starts that started from day one) he sat on a team for a year-and-a-half that reached the NFCCG in his rookie year while he was riding the pine.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ea60qmmp said:
volsunghawk":ea60qmmp said:
JesterHawk":ea60qmmp said:
Did they see the first 5 years of his career?

I imagine they're much more concerned with the most recent 1.5 seasons than they are with anything he did as a rookie.

He was a rookie for one of those first five years, and your reply would still only make sense if Smith had success with a decent offense of some kind that didn't depend on tons of great talent on both sides of the ball. In other words, if Smith was capable of running an offense that wasn't really simple and avoided throwing more than 10-15 yards at a time, ever.

:roll:

Don't get me wrong. I don't think Smith is a world-beater. I think he's a slightly better version of Matt Flynn, frankly.

But a team wanting a solid game manager QB could do worse than Smith, and KC isn't completely void of talent (except at the QB position). And I seriously doubt that Reid is looking at Smith and thinking that KC will automatically replicate what SF did in the last 2 years with him.

What he's seeing, though, is a guy who performed well when surrounded by a good team and given stability in the coaching staff/system. KC may not have the "good team" part yet, but Reid is banking that he'll be able to deliver at least a few years of stability to KC, and he likely thinks that Smith will be able to play solid ball while Reid continues to add pieces to the team. Remember, Smith may have sucked badly his first 5 years, but so did SF coaching, and Smith had 5 different OCs during that time. There's not a hell of a lot of QBs out there who would have looked good in that scenario.

Decimation

Reaction score
How the hell are we going to win the division now? Can a trade like that even be done on Madden? The F$#@!

seahawks875

Reaction score
Why does everyone on here hate Andy Reid so much? He chiefs now have a good chance at getting the 5 or 6 seed with Alex Smith and the no.1 pick

amill87

Reaction score
Decimation":1x802x1o said:
How the hell are we going to win the division now?

Russell Wilson and John Schneider

Kap might actually be a decent to pretty good QB but Wilson appears to be something special. It is also yet to be seen how either of them handle it when defenses catch on to the read option but who are you really more confident in if they both don't have it available anymore?

While the Niners have quite a bit of draft picks, we are in the double digits with picks as well. The draft is never a guarantee, so while either team can still have a lackluster draft(or an amazing one) with all the picks they have but are you really going to bet against Schneider?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
That's the thing, Volsung. Alex Smith is not a solid game manager. He's a only a solid game manager on an otherwise elite team, which the Chiefs are far from being. A solid game manager only requires a decent team to break above an even record, not a great one.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm hoping to find out there was collusion on this. That's got to be the only way this really happened.