The Niners Have Fallen Behind In The Arms Race.

djb28

Reaction score
If they pick up Revis like being talked about now, Things are gonna get real fun for San Fran vs Seahawks games! As if we don't hate them enough. This thing with Revis and Sherm. Gonna be a blast!

heyu123

Reaction score
kearly":1pquyhdz said:
The good news is that Seattle knows how to stop Kaepernick, and every NFL team is going to be studying Seattle this offseason. If the NFL can make the 49ers another 11 win team in 2013, I think Seattle takes the division.

You can't make any claim that a team knows how to stop somebody based on only one game.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
But can you make the claim that the Ravens didn't successfully use the same game plan for what, 40 minutes of the Super Bowl? Which game tape did they look at and modify for themselves to find out how to stop Kaepernick? Arizona's?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
They beat us by a half game and I think we got unlucky during the year. Once we opened things up Russell Wilson was a different QB. I expect our very young offensive line to make huge strides this offseason. Carpenter and Moffitt were drafted during a strike year and missed out on all those reps they would have received during rookie mini camps and such. I think that put them at a disadvantage and then the fact they got hurt during 2011 and missed quite a bit of preparation for 2012. I think a full offseason will do wonders for them.

We really don't have all that many needs as a team although the pass rushing need can be difficult to fill. If we shore that up which I expect we will, the sky is the limit for this team.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
The stage is set for a great rivalry. SF is as BFS stated the pace car, but we are right there with them, oh and we have that guy.

FNRLNW .... that is all...

garydrake425

Reaction score
Seahawks are the better team as a whole (JS, PC and company included). We aren't short on pick ourselves and know how to use them. Let's see if SF uses then wisely or not.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Who is letting these whiner fans on our board? My god, we are going to have to deal with them all year? Don't they have a whiner board to gab on? They really come out of the woodwork when they are winning don't they?
I might have to take a break from this board until the draft.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
QuickLightning":7u8sms07 said:
RiggoReincarnated":7u8sms07 said:
They have Colin Kaepernick who is a clear downgrade from Alex Smith.

Clearly... :roll:

Yes clearly...the 49ers went 13-3 in 2011 with Alex Smith, and had an overall better more dominant team in the 2012 season with Smith as their leader. Smith beat the Seahawks. Kaepernick could not. Smith had a part in a tie with the Rams. Kaepernick lost to the Rams.

heyu123

Reaction score
Lady Talon":17ep1v2k said:
But can you make the claim that the Ravens didn't successfully use the same game plan for what, 40 minutes of the Super Bowl? Which game tape did they look at and modify for themselves to find out how to stop Kaepernick? Arizona's?

Kaepernick killed the ravens. What are you talking about?

What game plan did they use?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Relax guys, Seattle just had the best draft possibly in team history last season, we could add maybe 4 players and just 2 starters this off season and still compete with anyone in the NFL. We could probably bring the same team back an win the whole enchilada next season with more maturing from our young players only.

amill87

Reaction score
JSeahawks":jw97jod3 said:
Whichever teams QB best adjusts to the adjustments that the NFL makes against them next year will be the team that wins the division (assuming both teams stay relatively healthy). I'd place my bet on Wilson

People are assuming the Niner's QB issues are solved now. It wouldn't be the first time a physical freak QB came into the league, lit it on fire for a season or two than faded into mediocrity.

There is one thing for certain, our QB definitely is not a physical freak.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The one reason that I have little concern over what the Niners do is that we have so many young (and I mean 2-3 year players) on this squad that are already playing above their pay grade.

Wagner, Sherman, Kam, Earl, Wright, Irvin, come to mind on defense, with the entire OLine, Tate, Baldwin, Turbin and notably Wilson on offense are set to grow. These guys are just starting out and we are enjoying the results of their talent earlier than most teams get to.

That is just amazing to me.

The Niners have their own set of those guys, but players like Willis, Davis, JSmith, Rodgers and Gore are at their peak and we know what to expect.

They are still exceptional, but the potential improvement of our young players is very enlightening.

pehawk

Reaction score
I used to be one of those who feared more what division rivals we're doing right, as much as I did the Seahawks. But, that was before this regime. Draft picks dont mean a thing if its Lamichael or Jenkins. And, the best QB is still in Seattle.

It's very odd, but concern over what rivals do is a thing of the past. Let them amass whatever they like, they dont have PC, JS or RW. Honestly, I dont concern myself with it anymore.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
heyu123":1jn67tkk said:
Lady Talon":1jn67tkk said:

Kaepernick killed the ravens. What are you talking about?

What game plan did they use?

Gore got the vast majority of his yards on the 2 scoring drives. Kaepernick didn't run crazy on the ground except for the TD, not a bad job defending the option. And they beat up on SF receivers. Much like the chippy play SF likes to complain about with Seattle's DBs.

Essentially they did for 40 minutes what the Hawks did for 60 at the Clink, they just let off the gas whereas Carroll didn't.

When did Kap take the lead in the game? Best he could have done is gone up by 3 (with a 2pt. conversion) with well over a minute remaining and watch Flacco tear up the 49er secondary with 3 timeouts left and either win with a TD or tie it.

Killed? He was flat game planned except for 2 scoring drives and one last fail drive. With the age of that Ravens defense it was a pretty solid effort. Against greater youth and quickness, they could have shaved 1 TD off the final.

Kap got his licks in through the air vs. the Hawks as well. They aren't the type of team that can sustain drives solely through the air. Against quality opponents, as Gore goes, the team goes.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
DavidSeven":137vvd1x said:
bestfightstory":137vvd1x said:
How will we Seahawks keep pace?

42-13 (should have been 42-6).

49ers backed into a bye week and lucked into a flu-ridden Packers team. They didn't play any better against Atlanta in the afternoon than we did at 10am. They just caught an extra break or two. They were embarassed in the Super Bowl until the lights went out.

People really need to get a grip. The Niners are the ones hoping to keep pace with Seattle's youth movement and drafting aptitude.

To be honest, the Niners aren't worried about Seattle as much as it would appear that you guys are worried about the Niners on here. We only play you guys twice with 14 other games on our schedule. This is why the 42-13 post that keeps popping up here is causing people on Niner sites to seriously laugh their asses off now. Nothing that happened last year matters any longer as there are always surprises each season.

Before Harbaugh came along, all we cared about was beating AZ because they were our biggest competition for the division, and despite sweeping them on occasion and beating them more than they beat us and always seeming to have their number, they would win the division and we fell short.

If our results of last season were swapped, the first thing that we would be concerned about would be winning on the road next year, especially if we only won 3 times on the road and now have a harder road schedule next season. The odds of going 8-0 at home next year are incredibly low and shouldn't be anticipated realistically every year. You guys had an easier road schedule last year and only managed to win 3 times. With all the statistics I see written on here derived from last season to substantiate the odds of you guys winning the division this year, then statistics also state based on last year that with a tougher road schedule you will win less than 3 games on the road next year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2lxoa29m said:
Nothing that happened last year matters any longer as there are always surprises each season.

I agree, please pass it along to all your homies. Their 5 rings from the 80s and 90s are irrelevant now, and mean nothing in their arguments with us.

:)

Oh, wait; you probably want to take that statement back now, yeah?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":236b1vig said:
NinerLifer":236b1vig said:
Nothing that happened last year matters any longer as there are always surprises each season.

I agree, please pass it along to all your homies. Their 5 rings from the 80s and 90s are irrelevant now, and mean nothing in their arguments with us.

:)

Oh, wait; you probably want to take that statement back now, yeah?

Nope as I also agree with you. Shocked? Don't be, if you search my post history you would find that I have said that before in regards to bragging about our 5 titles. They don't mean anything today when we step on the field each week, unless they make a tournament for past champions only LOL. I also find that the ones who are more apt to use our past against another team are the bandwagon fans we have picked up that don't know anything else about the team because they weren't around during the suck.