Brandon Lloyd

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Brandon Lloyd
Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:12 pm
  • NFL Network reported that the Patriots said they had no intentions on using him despite signing a 3 year contract worth $12 million. So I ask you, do we want him? And if so, what does it take to get him? Is he worth it?
    How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb?

None, they will all show and talk about how good the old one was...
    hawker232
    NET Rookie

Re: Brandon Lloyd
Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:35 pm
  • I don't think so. If the Hawks go looking for a wideout, I would rather them get a huge possession guy with massive height or a playmaking TE to knock McCoy down to the practice team. Lloyd did seem to go after it, but the way that Wilson spreads the ball around he just needs variety. Tate just seems to get better, Baldwin was making ridiculous catches and if Rice can stay healthy again I think we have the middle class receiver handled.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:53 pm
  • Yeah id rather have someone like Ramses Barden than lloyd. Alot younger and huge, so that he can catch those balls high and outside that wilson likes to throw.
    CFraychineaud
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 pm
  • Lloyd makes some good catches, but he is one of the most inconsistent starting WRs in the game. He had one amazing year apart from a bunch of mediocrity disguised by highlight catches.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:13 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:Lloyd makes some good catches, but he is one of the most inconsistent starting WRs in the game. He had one amazing year apart from a bunch of mediocrity disguised by highlight catches.

Right. Anyone remember his 1 handed,,,,diving,,, I think about 50 yard catch in 05 in San Fran against us? Amazing catch!
    seahawkfreak
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:27 pm
  • If the Patriots cannot whip him into shape, no way.

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:54 am
  • Part of the reason why the Patriots are letting him go is that they're sick of his attitude. Pass.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:34 pm
  • I would let him come in and compete, why not? If we gave T.O and A. Bryant a tryout why not Llyod? We know that S. Rice will miss atleast 2-3 games.
    nfcwizard
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:40 pm
  • His work ethic and attitude is the reason they might let him walk. But since T.O. was brought in, who knows.
    Claden
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:38 pm
  • He's consistently made some of the most astonishing catches over the years. I wonder what has kept him from becoming more than what he is? I've always liked the guy. Not sure I'd want him over anybody we have though at this stage in his career.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:52 pm
  • I kinda like him, he's a great deep threat, and we're a team with a great deep ball passer. I wouldn't make him target #1, but if we get a month or so into free agency, and he's still sitting there, and we he have a spot for a guy like him, I'd be fine with it.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information