Shocking Anthony McCoy stats. 2013's secret Weapon?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
This was Russell Wilsons first Season as a Pro QB, it was also the first Season for all the TE's and Receivers working with Wilson.
I think all these guys will only get better,,,Continuety?

P.S. Just give Wilson another Receiver with "Get After It" like Ryan Swope, because I doubt like hell that Austin will be there for us.
Swope makes some YAC plays that I think will continue as he goes Pro, and Wilson would have his Wes Welker type Receiver.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sprfunk":1z8f0rz7 said:
He had that crazy play in the Washington game were he dropped that easy wide open pass and then laid out someone out of frustration.
He has the tools, the question is if he can use them.

That was the best incomplete pass I have ever seen. Like "oh... You were going to bring the big hit huh? Well I've got something for you to consider" then blasts the guy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Nothing against McCoy, but he's mediocre in all facets............blocking, catching, routes and drops.

The #2 TE position is not a HUGE area of need with the sort of offense we run, but I'd still like that position upgraded. Even after the season I'm still wondering what kind of a year Winlsow would have had if he stayed.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
There is no image more memorable from 2012 than Anthony dunking the football over the wet cross-bar against the 49ers.

I like his imposing size, and I think people are exaggerating his drops. A good guy to have on the roster, even if we add depth to the position this year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I would rather have Wilson throwing the ball to Gavin Escobar, who I believe we could have in the 3rd round.

seahawks875

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":ed4rnn7d said:
I would rather have Wilson throwing the ball to Gavin Escobar, who I believe we could have in the 3rd round.
No chance Escobar lasts until the 3rd round

kearly

Reaction score
McCoy is Mr. inconsistent, both in regards to his hands but also his blocking. A little like someone we used to know. Like Jerramy Stevens, McCoy is capable putting up a nice season, but he seems less likely to put up two great seasons in a row than most with his level of talent.

There is a lot to like about McCoy, and he deserves to be at least a #2 TE in the NFL (which would make him essentially a starter for us).

My problem with McCoy is his straight line speed. He had a lot of catches last year that would have been touchdowns even in the hands of someone with 4.6 speed. He was caught from behind a lot last year, which isn't uncommon for a TE, but it was how quickly he was caught that irked me. I would like to get faster at that position, if we could.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I love that a Seattle player can't get criticized without the hater label being applied.

McCoy improved dramatically last year. He is now a C+ player.
Spokane labeled him fast. Spokane is smoking good shit. McCoy is glacial.

McCoy's biggest strength was a decent postup move that worked for a touchdown or two in the red zone. Any TE that can't use his big body to create space in single coverage should be dismissed immediately. McCoy has below average body control, does not have nor is likely to be coached into natural hands, and made his biggest plays as 3rd reads on Wilson scrambles. You may remember a couple of his good plays. DO you remember him tripping on a piece of lint vs at the Rams, leading to a pick by Wilson? Do you remember his extremely dumb offensive PI at home vs the Rams costing the Hawks an early score?

There are no secret weapons in the NFL. There are only matchup problem players. McCoy is not a difficult matchup for any three down linebacker or safety. Case closed.

Uffda

Reaction score
I remember Wilson pushing the Hawks down the field,until he throws to a wide open McCoy... tripping and falling on his face with no one around .
Then the ball sails into a int. around the 25 yard line. 3rd int of the day.

They lost that game.

Well it's all about compete nowadays, so draft another TE to see if McCoy can be less or more than just a "secret" weapon , even to his own offense.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
kearly":3k5oqqqk said:
My problem with McCoy is his straight line speed. He had a lot of catches last year that would have been touchdowns even in the hands of someone with 4.6 speed. He was caught from behind a lot last year, which isn't uncommon for a TE, but it was how quickly he was caught that irked me. I would like to get faster at that position, if we could.
McCoy's acceleration is semi-tractor-trailer-like. That, and his inconsistent hands (and relative lack of body control) are the shortcomings that I see on tape. These affect both his pass-catching and his run-blocking.

McCoy is a below average TE in the league. He just is.

We could stand an upgrade. Maybe not this year but certainly next year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I found this quote (bolded and larger portion only) from Wiki article about TEs interesting...
Some plays are planned to take advantage of a tight end's eligibility (i.e. that they may lawfully catch a forward-passed football). At times, the tight end will not be covered by the defense, a situation that rarely occurs with the regular receivers. The tight end is therefore considered another option for the quarterback to pass to when the wide receivers are covered. The tight end is usually faster than the linebackers who cover him and often stronger than the cornerbacks and safeties who try to tackle him. However, tight ends are typically chosen for their speed and catching ability and therefore tend to have less blocking ability. Size does not affect catching ability. There could be tight ends on both sides of the line.
McCoy has neither playing speed (no acceleration, slow feet) nor catching ability imo.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1jkobzfx said:
Nothing against McCoy, but he's mediocre in all facets............blocking, catching, routes and drops.

The #2 TE position is not a HUGE area of need with the sort of offense we run, but I'd still like that position upgraded. Even after the season I'm still wondering what kind of a year Winlsow would have had if he stayed.
He'd either look like this:
2006 04 26 kellen
Or like this
134300215.jpg

...I'd guess.

But he's a [expletive] soildier, so anything's possible I guess...

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":8yorzdcl said:
Spokane":8yorzdcl said:
... the guy just rocks!

Huge, fast, can catch tough balls, makes guys miss...

I would like to see him play more "lunch pail type" like Zach Miller.

I love Miller and would take his consistency everyday but McCoy makes a lot of plays that Miller can't. That's why having both is so nice.