The Niners Have Fallen Behind In The Arms Race.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's more of a dig against 49ers fans lurking this site than you, I've seen virtually all of your posts because I read nearly every thread that happens on this forum. I'm not surprised, though I also have no means of proof in regards to your honesty about said statement. Not saying you're lying, I'm just saying my mental outlook on it must necessarily remain slightly skeptical. ;)

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1t1ocaji said:
It's more of a dig against 49ers fans lurking this site than you, I've seen virtually all of your posts because I read nearly every thread that happens on this forum. I'm not surprised, though I also have no means of proof in regards to your honesty about said statement. Not saying you're lying, I'm just saying my mental outlook on it must necessarily remain slightly skeptical. ;)

Understood man, I am aware that you guys have had to deal with what must have felt like an apocolypse of trolls.

drdiags

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3mgl454c said:
Before Harbaugh came along, all we cared about was beating AZ because they were our biggest competition for the division, and despite sweeping them on occasion and beating them more than they beat us and always seeming to have their number, they would win the division and we fell short.

So you are talking about the 2008 and 2009 seasons (2 year run)? Because the Seahawks won in 2010 and it was Rams then Seahawks from 2000 until 2008. I guess you didn't start following the 9ers until 2008 or were in a coma from 2000-2007? The statement just didn't register but I plead ignorance.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
drdiags":24e4jhxs said:
NinerLifer":24e4jhxs said:
Before Harbaugh came along, all we cared about was beating AZ because they were our biggest competition for the division, and despite sweeping them on occasion and beating them more than they beat us and always seeming to have their number, they would win the division and we fell short.

So you are talking about the 2008 and 2009 seasons (2 year run)? Because the Seahawks won in 2010 and it was Rams then Seahawks until 2008. I guess you didn't start following the 9ers until 2008 or were in a coma from 2000-2007? The statement just didn't register but I plead ignorant.

Yes I was talking recent history because I was trying to keep the post as relevant to recent years as possible. I was deployed for 2010 so I wasn't able to pay attention to what the NFL was doing that year unfortunately. However I did know that you guys won the division that year, but wasn't sure how you guys treated that win since it was with a 7-9 record and might have been the worst display from our division ever.

drdiags

Reaction score
I guess I can just STFU, since the 9ers won the division in 2002 and the Seahawks didn't get into the NFC West until 2002.

Just the comment made it seem like the Seahawks and Rams were non-factors for quite awhile during the span of Arizona vs 9ers rivalry spurred by Davis and Dockett going back and forth.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
drdiags":ebt186uc said:
I guess I can just STFU, since the 9ers won the division in 2002 and the Seahawks didn't get into the NFC West until 2002.

Just the comment made it seem like the Seahawks and Rams were non-factors for quite awhile during the span of Arizona vs 9ers rivalry spurred by Davis and Dockett going back and forth.

Ya I wasnt trying to show any disrespect, just trying to point out in my OP that sometimes beating your division rival alone isn't enough to win the division.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1fh1gcty said:
JSeahawks":1fh1gcty said:
Amazing how adding a 2nd round pick has people all of a sudden thinking the 49ers are unbeatable, when yesterday most of us thought we would be the favorites. Really, I dont think one 2nd round pick is going to be the difference in us or the 49ers winning the division.

Hmmm. Your first sentence above is either bold conjecture or meant for another thread. Unbeatable? Is that what people are saying? Or are you engaging in hyperbole.

And I imagine this board would be pretty ecstatic if the Seahawks obtained the FIRST pick in the second round.

It's a big deal, especially as close as these two teams are, talent-wise.
42-13.

Yeah, really close.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
^yeah. The results from one game sez it all. Gimme a break. San Fran had a lot going against them playing two of the best teams in the league in back to back weeks and both PrimeTime and both on the road in two of the most difficult places to come into and win. I won $800 on that game betting on Seattle to win and I have a picture of the ticket to prove it. Risked nearly a grand. That's how confident I was in my team that night. Big deal.

Try to bring some substance to the conversation, please. Please? Or don't. I guess I shouldn't really care.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
To be fair, BFS, if we aren't using that as an excuse for losing to the Falcons; then it shouldn't be used to benefit the 49ers in their loss to us, certainly.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Via BFS:

Attachments

• PART_1362114088874_IMG_9061.jpg.jpeg
    PART_1362114088874_IMG_9061.jpg.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 4,704
OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xis68qyl said:
To be fair, BFS, if we aren't using that as an excuse for losing to the Falcons; then it shouldn't be used to benefit the 49ers in their loss to us, certainly.

You're missing the point. Read the context of Salish's post. He claims the talent level of the two teams isn't close because of the differential in score of that one game.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1w91tjz0 said:

Do you guys compare playing at the Redskins the same as playing at New England in December?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NinerLifer":fa0teq5s said:
RolandDeschain":fa0teq5s said:

Do you guys compare playing at the Redskins the same as playing at New England in December?
Oh please, it was RAINING in your game. We're used to cold rain around here in December and January. You know, since it's Seattle. Typically not quite as cold as it was in that one, but...Again. PLEASE. If it had been a blizzard out there, you'd have a point. Not to mention, we beat the Jets in a ton of snow when Favre was with them, in our house.

bestfightstory":fa0teq5s said:
You're missing the point. Read the context of Salish's post. He claims the talent level of the two teams isn't close because of the differential in score of that one game.
Naw, I get that, and agree with you; I was just speaking more to your point, is all.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
NinerLifer":q005c4l9 said:
RolandDeschain":q005c4l9 said:

No. 'We guys' don't. And if Roland were to think about it, he wouldn't either. It's a moot point. We smashed you guys the last time we played you and I don't expect many (if any) of our near future matches to be as lopsided. Both our teams are too good for that to be the norm.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
BFS, I'm not comparing them, I was just saying that the "New England in December" conditions the 49ers played in were mild, considering what that can typically mean. He implied those conditions were hell, when they weren't really that bad; and that's all I'm saying about that.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
He wasn't implying those weather conditions were hell.

He was playing off my point that New England and Seattle are incredibly difficult places to win games for the opposition.

He was referring to the fact that the Patriots AT HOME IN DECEMBER are about 80(exaggeration, obviously)&1 in the last few years.

Very difficult place to get a win in December. Weather aside.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
We're talking about the Patriots here though not the Jets. And the rain isn't the point as the Niners have no problems playing in the elements. The conditions weren't what I was focusing on so you miss understood that. Tom Brady hadn't lost at home in the month of December since 2002 against coincidently the Jets.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/ ... story.html

NinerLifer

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2lfl2koc said:
NinerLifer":2lfl2koc said:
RolandDeschain":2lfl2koc said:

No. 'We guys' don't. And if Roland were to think about it, he wouldn't either. It's a moot point. We smashed you guys the last time we played you and I don't expect many (if any) of our near future matches to be as lopsided. Both our teams are too good for that to be the norm.

Agreed.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ah. I misunderstood what you meant, indeed. However, Foxborough isn't particularly loud; the advantage they enjoy is due mainly to the fact that they've been an incredibly elite team. That was an impressive streak they had, but going 10 years w/o losing in that month at home is really only 21 or so games, total. Not an unbreakable streak/record, certainly.

I'm not trying to down-talk it, but teams that are elite for so long typically wind up with records like that, or nearly having records like it. Isn't Aaron Rodgers something like 45 TDs to 2 ints in the red zone at home, if I recall correctly?

Goldrush

Reaction score
I'd say we have more volume of young talent than any other team not just the Hawks, course there has been plenty of talented teams who didnt live up to it. Weve got a great base to start from but football is a game that takes many things coming together, we'll see what happens. I wouldnt trade the Niners position in the NFL right now for any other team, the hord of top draft pics is just the icing on the cake. Hawks are in pretty good shape draft wise too so you guys have a big opportunity there as well.