Where did your hate of 49er fans originate?

IronSaint

Reaction score
Old NFC West days.

Vic becoming SF's DC.

2011 Divisional play-off game. Not the actual game itself, but how poorly and downright disrespectful our fans were treated in that cesspool you call Candlestick.

Niner fans trying to compare the current LB's to the Dome Patrol. Not even close buddy.

Ruminator

Reaction score
NinerLifer":27fuhkjc said:
I am curious as to where all of your hate for us originated?

Where did my hate for 49ers originate? I'm not sure, possibly in a petri dish, but let me look around a bit and if I find out, I'll get back to you.

drdiags

Reaction score
Throwdown":12ept8xx said:
Who was it that went to the game in SF a few years back and almost got into a fight? I swear I remember something like that happening, it was the game where Hass caught an elbow to the ribs from Willis.

Seatown81 had a nice run-in with the horde. He, Tech, BFS, Lymon, MysterMatt, PE, Hemifed, Riley12, L80 and others went down for the game (I was supposed to go but a new job at the last minute changed my plans).

Largent80

Reaction score
Throwdown":1so3ztys said:
Who was it that went to the game in SF a few years back and almost got into a fight? I swear I remember something like that happening, it was the game where Hass caught an elbow to the ribs from Willis.

A whole bunch of us were there. Seatown, Myself, Hemifed, Yakimahawk, BFS, Lymon, Myster Matt, Riley 12, Dom, Nsport, King Grumpy, Pliny, Rockhawk, Pehawk. People in the stands were complete and utter douches of the highesst order, but in the lot tailgating all was totally cool.

What sticks with me was the game and treatment there. I expect to hear some shit, but not having food thrown on you.

OP
OP
NinerLifer

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Largent80":7qtcstpr said:
Throwdown":7qtcstpr said:

A whole bunch of us were there. Seatown, Myself, Hemifed, Yakimahawk, BFS, Lymon, Myster Matt, Riley 12, Dom, Nsport, King Grumpy, Pliny, Rockhawk, Pehawk. People in the stands were complete and utter douches of the highesst order, but in the lot tailgating all was totally cool.

What sticks with me was the game and treatment there. I expect to hear some shit, but not having food thrown on you.

Well that is unfortunate that you had that experience. Pretty sure that those type of fans are on every team though.

dunceface

Reaction score
1. Niners fans
2. Niners fans
3. Niners fans
4. Douchebaugh
5. #KLAPPERDICKING

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I had a group of friends from all over the West Coast who started going to the Hawks-Niners games in SF every year once we joined the NFC West. The treatment they got from 49er fans (and the complete indifference from stadium security) got worse and worse every year until they finally stopped going.

Yes, every fan base has its share of @$$holes, but yours has been getting steadily worse for years.

OP
OP
NinerLifer

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":8b2yxjgx said:
I had a group of friends from all over the West Coast who started going to the Hawks-Niners games in SF every year once we joined the NFC West. The treatment they got from 49er fans (and the complete indifference from stadium security) got worse and worse every year until they finally stopped going.

Yes, every fan base has its share of @$$holes, but yours has been getting steadily worse for years.

Have you and your friends attended other away games as well, not just at Candlestick to compare to?

dunceface

Reaction score
NinerLifer":iwon3xch said:
Shadowhawk":iwon3xch said:

Have you and your friends attended other away games as well, not just at Candlestick to compare to?

Tumblr mivc57p1Jm1qlkvaio1 400

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1932m2u3 said:
Shadowhawk":1932m2u3 said:

I personally haven't been to a road game since Indy in 2009--fans there were great. Arizona fans were never much of a problem; their heads got pretty big for a year or two after their Super Bowl run but those were just harmless idiots. Places like Miami and San Diego have always been laid back. Cleveland and Cincy were horrible and I doubt they've gotten any better since then.

And as far as comparisons go, a trip to Candlestick in '02 and '03 was a lot more fun for everybody than going there five or six years later so yeah, like I said, your fanbase has gotten worse over the years. I'm hoping when you guys get your new stadium the higher prices will weed out some of the drunken riffraff.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread with a similar topic......

Look, I grew up with nothing but Niner fans around me...this has nothing to do with the internet or message boards. To me this forum is just a new way for them to spew their vile rhetoric. A new way for them to pass on the their bigoted arrogance on to their spawn. You had to have lived it, it didn't matter if it was football season or not. It was a year round thing, constant and unending. What I had to endure would be considered illegal now, simply because I was a fan of another team. I want nothing more than the absolute worst for that organization and their fan base.

Throwdown

Reaction score
After the brand new attitude they have since their recent success.

I'll root for the Thunder in the NBA before I root for the 49ers.

OP
OP
NinerLifer

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Largent80":3n6vxn7r said:
Throwdown":3n6vxn7r said:

On 49ers.com a Niner fan that lives there in Seattle posted that whenever he goes to C-Link for our annual matchup he is treated to the type of treatment that you are talking about. Said that your fans even also make comments about his wife and kids who are right next to him.

So it seems that Niner fans have the same reasons for hating Seahawk fans.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'll admit, I don't hate the Niners, though they are probably my least favorite NFC West team. If the Cardinals or Rams were in the Super Bowl, I'd probably root for them. Not the Niners though.

But that's about as far as it goes. I hate the Broncos, Raiders, and Chiefs much more than I'll ever hate the Niners. I just can't get myself to care about the new division the way I cared about the AFC West. The divisional games are just like any other games to be nowadays.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3ty2cuq7 said:
Largent80":3ty2cuq7 said:
Throwdown":3ty2cuq7 said:

On 49ers.com a Niner fan that lives there in Seattle posted that whenever he goes to C-Link for our annual matchup he is treated to the type of treatment that you are talking about. Said that your fans even also make comments about his wife and kids who are right next to him.

So it seems that Niner fans have the same reasons for hating Seahawk fans.

Be fair...I mean, have you ever SEEN his wife and kids?

OP
OP
NinerLifer

NinerLifer

Reaction score
LOL.

But it seriously seems like a lot of hypocrisy is going on here however.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Well, one huge difference is that Seahawks fans aren't known for often stabbing opposing teams' fans.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The worst I've seen at the Clink is a drunk Seahawks fan put his finger in a Niners fans face. Besides that, everything I've seen have been tame. For some reason, Bay Area fans, even in Seattle like to be obnoxious and taunt the homecrowd. To be fair though, the worst crowd I've seen has been Raiders fans this past season. And that was a damn preseason game. I've actually shook hands and hugged it out with Niners fans after the game. So there's that.

Spokane

Reaction score
"I am curious as to where all of your hate for us originated" Hate is a little girl trying to create drama word, so lets use dislike.
Where did the dislike of fan/49er originate?

Fan - Internet action

"But it seriously seems like a lot of hypocrisy is going on here."
-It is a fact that you have heard the statement "If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all". Now with that great advise tucked away and others you the FAN went with the attack the poster strategy. So as a side liner member looking at fans of the 49ers you cats look like rule breaking, poster attacking trolls. My disliking originated in this thread. Thanks troll.

"This is easy, your fans were nowhere to be found 2 years ago. Now your fans troll this board and repeatedly tell us how great your franchise is and how bad ours is. Get into any real discussion and they pull out the 5 rings like that matters today. Pretty much everything Seatown said. 49er and foreskin fans are the worst bunch at this, imo, by far."
-Sums it up for me. Bandwagonville is san fran. I feel they are the most finicky fan base

49ers - On the field

"2 - Sharpie incident"
-That was enough to dislike a team.

"Well, one huge difference is that Seahawks fans aren't known for often stabbing opposing teams' fans"
-Deadly funny!

The Checkmate photo post above is not only hilarious it also exposes your rebuttal flaws - you are not hard hitting like your DBs

OP
OP
NinerLifer

NinerLifer

Reaction score
So it is pretty clear that Niner fans and Seattle fans have the same reasons for no liking each other.