we will know if Flynn is going to get cut or traded when....

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • ....these bad boys go on sale at a drastically low price at the team's pro shop .. (isn't that the trend over the years ??)

Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

• Or Baldwin switches back to 15 :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Well once Wilson became starter Nike had to drop the price of them to move the inventory, I'm sure they made a butt load anticipateing him being the Starter and like everyone else were surprised by Wilson taking the job so quickly and before they could blanket the market. We also had a long delay in getting Jerseys out last year so the orders were already placed and in the fabrication chain. I think why Wilson jerseys were hard to come by early on.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I doubt many teams sell a lot of jerseys for their backup QB. Those things would be hard to move anyway so they will have to sell them cheap at some point even if he's staying.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Were not cutting Flynn. Will never,ever in a million years happen. Completely illogical.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• Chukarhawk wrote:Were not cutting Flynn. Will never,ever in a million years happen. Completely illogical.

Its not illogical, its not like home boy is Steve Young waiting in the wings. He's Matt Friggin Flynn, he's a luxury, not an asset.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:
    Chukarhawk wrote:Were not cutting Flynn. Will never,ever in a million years happen. Completely illogical.

Its not illogical, its not like home boy is Steve Young waiting in the wings. He's Matt Friggin Flynn, he's a luxury, not an asset.

There is a difference between illogical and impossible. It is illogical to believe we will just release him, especially considering we were able to get something for Jackson last year. It wouldn't be LOGICAL that we'd get something for Jackson and not for Flynn.

It is POSSIBLE we release Flynn, but that's not the most likely course of action and would fly in the face of what seems logical.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Throwdown wrote:
    Chukarhawk wrote:Were not cutting Flynn. Will never,ever in a million years happen. Completely illogical.

but with russell baggins making 300K its no skin off our backs either way.
    NoChops
    NET Veteran

• NoChops wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:

Flynn can play and win games, Flynn is very good at the mental aspect of the game and is another person that can read charts and help Wilson on the sidelines. In a time where you are in your window of chance those attributes can not be taken for granted. Flynn got a deal that was available with the contract the CBA had in place at the time just as Russell' contract is done with the CBA contract that was in place for the rookies.

Both understand the business and where many here might be throwing a hissy fit if put in that situation, they are acting like professionals about it as is the front office.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• We might cut Flynn. Especially if we bring in a rookie who then wins the backup job in preseason and we can't find any trade suitors for Flynn. You think we'd keep Flynn as the 3rd stringer? Nooope.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:We might cut Flynn. Especially if we bring in a rookie who then wins the backup job in preseason and we can't find any trade suitors for Flynn. You think we'd keep Flynn as the 3rd stringer? Nooope.

We found a sucker for T-jack and you think we'd have trouble trading Flynn? That's the definition of insanity right there :)

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I have said it before, I firmly believe unless the Hawks get the right offer, they are going to let him ride. That could very well be on draft day.

If he has to play 4 games because of tragedy, it will be worth every penny. Flynn would want nothing more than to have a chance to improve his resume and the Seahawks have plenty of plays for him to run without using read option.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• kidhawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:We might cut Flynn. Especially if we bring in a rookie who then wins the backup job in preseason and we can't find any trade suitors for Flynn. You think we'd keep Flynn as the 3rd stringer? Nooope.

We found a sucker for T-jack and you think we'd have trouble trading Flynn? That's the definition of insanity right there :)

TJ! >> Flynn.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• NoChops wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:

Wilsons price tag is completely independent from Flynns and should be looked at that way. If we can use the money that would go towards Flynn more effectively some other way than it may be logical to cut him
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:

There is a difference between illogical and impossible. It is illogical to believe we will just release him, especially considering we were able to get something for Jackson last year. It wouldn't be LOGICAL that we'd get something for Jackson and not for Flynn.

It is POSSIBLE we release Flynn, but that's not the most likely course of action and would fly in the face of what seems logical.

The guy said "never ever in a million years happens". That sounds like he was implying impossible to me...

Hey - maybe it won't happen. But there's nothing illogical about cutting a non-starter who is set to be one of the teams highest earners. It happens every year.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• This is completely a non-issue since the Hawks will be trading up for Geno Smith. :mrgreen:
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Why can't we restructure his contract to either make it more trade friendly or get it closer to backup money. I just keep seeing this happen on teams and don't hear a thing about Flynn even being able to. Why is this?
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

• Flynn is going to be cut. Guaranteed.

The think tank has said as much.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• garydrake425 wrote:Why can't we restructure his contract to either make it more trade friendly or get it closer to backup money. I just keep seeing this happen on teams and don't hear a thing about Flynn even being able to. Why is this?

Why would Flynn agree to restructure his contract for less than he would make on the open market? For the pleasure of backing up Wilson? The Players Association would never allow it either.
    Harperville
    NET Practice Squad

• Harperville wrote:
    garydrake425 wrote:Why can't we restructure his contract to either make it more trade friendly or get it closer to backup money. I just keep seeing this happen on teams and don't hear a thing about Flynn even being able to. Why is this?

Why would Flynn agree to restructure his contract for less than he would make on the open market? For the pleasure of backing up Wilson? The Players Association would never allow it either.

A common misconception on restructuring, and one I see a lot on here, is that a player "gets less money". That's not always true. In fact, it means that the deal is redone to convert base salary due into a signing bonus, for example, allowing that money to be spread over the duration of the contract to lessen the cap hit for a specific season.

Unless you see the phrase "agreed to less money" or something similar, rest assured the player is still getting the same total dollar value - it's just re-wickered to help the teams cap.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Why would Flynn agree to restructure? So the likely hood of him being traded and getting the chance to be a starter can happen because it sure as hell ain't gonna happen here. Does he want to be a starter or does he want the money and watch Russ earn his ring for him. If he restructures it would be win win for everybody as long as he is traded. If he wants to make starter money then he needs to earn it.

Is his contract even negotiable?
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

• Zebulon Dak wrote:TJ! >> Flynn.

This quote made me laugh.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• We'll know when it happens. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information