Where did your hate of 49er fans originate?

Spokane

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2um43z5r said:
So it is pretty clear that Niner fans and Seattle fans have the same reasons for no liking each other.

It is not possible that our list of reasons for disliking are the same, you have no clue how long our full list is.

This is one of the better "woe is me" "why do they hate me" sob threads I have seen in a while.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Again, "repeated stabbings" is only on one list. One fanbase is demonstrably trashier.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1ila6g5z said:
So it is pretty clear that Niner fans and Seattle fans have the same reasons for no liking each other.

Um, no. First off, even you admit that it's annoying for fans to constantly spout off about their history of championships. Seahawks fans don't do that for obvious reasons.

Second, you found one guy on a message board who says that he gets hassled at Seahawk games. Several people here have spoken up about being hassled at Niner games, and when you throw in the Saints fan that's people from more than one fanbase chiming in about what a pain in the ass it is to go to Candlestick as a visiting fan.

Third, others on this thread have talked about the general level of douchebaggery amongst Niner fans they have had to deal with and live with. You never responded to Blitzfan's post about what it was like for him or presented evidence that is is just as difficult living as a Niner fan amongst Seahawks fans.

So no, we don't have the same reasons. Niner fans constantly throw their past championships in other people's faces, Niner fans are more likely to hassle opposing fans at a game, and Niner fans are more likely to be a pain in the @$$ in general. Not all of them, certainly, but you are more likely to find a idiot wearing a red jersey than a blue one.

TravTex

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I when through a pretty strong phase of Bengals fandom. I liked the new tiger stripe helmets and they had players named "Boomer" and "Icky" (Again, I was a kid).

TWO Superbowls of child angst. The come-from-behind one still leaves residual Niner hate in my mouth... what was that, like, 1985?

SeaTown81

Reaction score
NinerLifer":5memg41k said:

HELL NO.

As Doc pointed out, I was the one who almost got in a fight at Candledump. I had a good deal to drink, so didn't realize how far I ventured above our seats when I went up to tell a dude to stop throwing crap at us. Guy gets right up in my face and spits in it point blank. The rest of our group was too far away to do anything besides yell at me to come back and sit down. I had to use every ounce of restraint in my body to not deck the guy. But thankfully did, as if I had, I'd have been jumped by everyone around me. That was inside the stadium. Outside the stadium myself and 3 friends had beers poured on our heads while walking to the stadium and not saying a word.

You asked another poster if he'd attended away games in other cities. I have. I have been to 11 different stadiums. San Francisco is the BY FAR the worst experience and worst fans I've EVER encountered. Any SF fan complaining about Seattle is just being an overly sensitive bitch. I've had season tickets since the Kingdome. Our fans talk a lot of crap. And you'll have a fight every once in a while (just like any stadium). But you do not even get to for a second right off SF fans as one in the same with Seattle. Our stadium has a "Keep it PG rated" behavior enforcement and throws out unruly home fans at the drop of a hat. At your dump, after getting food thrown at me for half a game and spit in the face, I tried talking to an usher and was told, "What am I supposed to do about it?" Your bad fans are Raider fans painted red. It's as simple as that. As pinksheets has said a couple times now. You guys have made a rep of stabbing people. A Seattle fan was stabbed that same day. SF is the only stadium I've visted out of 11 cities where I won't go back.

MAYBE, just maybe, I'd consider once they move out to the suburbs. Getting away from that crap part of town, and hopefully pricing out your gang banger fans. But even then, I'd be very hesitant.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sooo if I ever go to candlestick, I should come prepared in case one of those sissies wants to stab me with their nail file?

Sac

Reaction score
No, CALIHAWK had a very strong dislike for the niners before you. You just pushed CALI over the edge.

OP
OP
NinerLifer

NinerLifer

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1ph34jnm said:
No, CALIHAWK had a very strong dislike for the niners before you. You just pushed CALI over the edge.

'Cause I have really been that bad right?

Sac

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3qf2gkaf said:
SacHawk2.0":3qf2gkaf said:

'Cause I have really been that bad right?

...you're a niner fan, right?

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Please note, he still has nothing to say about my post. He doesn't even have the presence of mind to have compassion for another human being. He doesn't even show the slightest embarrassment for entity that he represents here, for what his brothers and sisters have done to another human being. Douchebaggery (as Shadowhawk so eloquently put it) abounds in that organization, from the top down.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Sadly, it has originated here on .net. I grew up a 49ers fan, living in the Sacramento area for much of my life, until I moved to the Puget Sound area in 1998. I still enjoyed rooting for both teams. Once the realignment took place, then of course, everything changed. But the truth is, I still can root for the 49ers as a TEAM, but I now have a difficult time rooting for some of the players on the team. I find Kaepernick very difficult to like. Vernon Davis too. I very much dislike Alton Smith. Anyway, I really have felt the pressure here to conform to being a 49er hater, but I'll continue to push back on that, since most of my family and many California friends still root for the 49ers.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
The TO signing the ball incident. Now I respect his ability but do not like the coach at all, and makes me inclined to dislike the team. I still dislike Denver more...too many old wounds.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I don't hate 49er fans. I don't even hate the 49ers. But I dislike both. It probably comes from all of the trash talking they do.

OP
OP
NinerLifer

NinerLifer

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1ys3utu5 said:
NinerLifer":1ys3utu5 said:
CALIHAWK1":1ys3utu5 said:
NinerLifer.

Interesting

So you liked the Niners before I showed up.

I disliked them with a passion. Your passive aggressive bitch ass pushed it to hatred.

Can you please explain how I am being "passive aggressive"?

What it seems to me is that you guys assume the worst in what us Niner fans post and interpret pretty much everything we write as negatively as you can. Not on purpose, but because some of you have a blind hatred.

Riley12

Reaction score
That is a super easy question to answer.

Back in the mid 80's, the Seahawks were still in the AFC West, but I lived on the central coast of CA. You couldn't
throw a rock without hitting a Niner fan. They were as smug and entitled, even back then during the dawn of the
Bill Walsh era, as the worst NFC East fans. They thought that any discussion of west coast football started and ended
with their team. No one else mattered.

I started watching football with Raiders fans in those days because my hatred of Niner fans outweighed my hatred of
the Raiders - yes, even Bo Jackson, Jim Plunkett and Tom Flores - and they would at least talk about other teams.

OP
OP
NinerLifer

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Riley12":1i23n39l said:
That is a super easy question to answer.

Back in the mid 80's, the Seahawks were still in the AFC West, but I lived on the central coast of CA. You couldn't
throw a rock without hitting a Niner fan. They were as smug and entitled, even back then during the dawn of the
Bill Walsh era, as the worst NFC East fans. They thought that any discussion of west coast football started and ended
with their team. No one else mattered.

I started watching football with Raiders fans in those days because my hatred of Niner fans outweighed my hatred of
the Raiders - yes, even Bo Jackson, Jim Plunkett and Tom Flores - and they would at least talk about other teams.

I can understand that. However the 80's did pretty much belong to the Niners (SB's= 1981, 1984, 1988, 1989...then 1994. Division Champs= 1981, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989). So it is easy to understand the pride that a fan base would feel during a period such as that.