Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Not exactly Tavon Austin, but has speed
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:40 am 
NET Veteran

NFL.com is reporting this guy ran a 4.19 in his pro day. He's said to have more to his game than just speed. I don't see him catching the ball in stride a lot in the highlight reel below. But, seems like he catches the ball well. He's going to get some attention now. Sinkfield's the name, and not even made up on Madden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... MRdpwdoUxI

Post subject: Re: Not exactly Tavon Austin, but has speed
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:57 am 
NET Rookie

He adjusts to the ball very well, too bad his QB couldn't throw a ball that was leading or in the right spot for him, imagine with a qb that actually can throw a ball. His highlight reel said WR and his tag says RB. Did not notice any real strong routes or seperation from crisp route running dont know if you can just run past NFL personel like it seems he was doing here. Thanks for the look

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:14 am 
NET Starter

He is a lot bigger than Austin at 6'1" 192. Needs to add a little weight.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:34 am 
NET Veteran

This guy doesn't believe the hype http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/05/terrell-sinkfields-4-19-second-40-yard-dash-doesnt-pass-the-smell-test/ and frankly, I don't either.

Quote:
But come on. If someone timed Sinkfield at 4.19 seconds, that means someone had an itchy trigger finger on his stopwatch. Does anyone seriously believe that Sinkfield, who has no major track and field accomplishments beyond high school, is faster than Broncos return man Trindon Holliday, who won the NCAA 100-meter dash title? That’s what you’d have to believe if you believe Sinkfield ran a 4.19-second 40. Sinkfield caught 43 passes for 499 yards and four touchdowns in his senior season, and his longest catch of the year was 32 yards. Does anyone seriously believe that a guy who can run a 4.19-second 40 would only average 11.6 yards a catch, only score four touchdowns and never break one longer than 32 yards against Division I-AA competition? If Sinkfield ran a 4.19-second 40, then I had a 4.0 GPA.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:39 am 
NET Veteran

He ran 3 times.

Averaged 4.33

He was asked to run it again (probably backwards in case there was field slope) after the second time because scouts are used to getting fleeced at pro days.

Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:43 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

I watched his highlight video.
Hands catches when he has to, but body catches the rest of the time. Fast, but not elusive. Had a terrible QB, so there is that. At that size, and with that speed he will get a shot somewhere.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:08 pm 
* NET Nobody *

Nice find, will be interesting to see how he turns out.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:25 pm 
NET Veteran

Nice highlights, but the QB throwing to sinkfield was horrendous lol.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 pm 
NET Veteran

I dont buy it.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:07 am 
* NET Nobody *

I'm sold! 5th round pick! Poor kid, he gets wide open, no one between him and the end zone and has to come back 5 yards in to traffic because his QB horribly underthrows the ball! He can really adjust to the ball and catch it over DBs. Of course the quality of DB probably isn't that good but the fact that he can still catch the ball with a body in his way is something.

He's this year's Mark Legree, except maybe he'll be successful. :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:34 am 
NET Practice Squad

This guy looks really impressive, making a bad QB look good puts you above some other competition in my books, i would for sure take a flier on the guy..

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:18 am 
NET Veteran

-The Glove- wrote:
This guy doesn't believe the hype http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/05/terrell-sinkfields-4-19-second-40-yard-dash-doesnt-pass-the-smell-test/ and frankly, I don't either.

Quote:
But come on. If someone timed Sinkfield at 4.19 seconds, that means someone had an itchy trigger finger on his stopwatch. Does anyone seriously believe that Sinkfield, who has no major track and field accomplishments beyond high school, is faster than Broncos return man Trindon Holliday, who won the NCAA 100-meter dash title? That’s what you’d have to believe if you believe Sinkfield ran a 4.19-second 40. Sinkfield caught 43 passes for 499 yards and four touchdowns in his senior season, and his longest catch of the year was 32 yards. Does anyone seriously believe that a guy who can run a 4.19-second 40 would only average 11.6 yards a catch, only score four touchdowns and never break one longer than 32 yards against Division I-AA competition? If Sinkfield ran a 4.19-second 40, then I had a 4.0 GPA.

The 40 yard dash at the NFL combine is basically hand timed as well; at the combine the timed is electronically stopped at the finish line, but it is a human that starts the time. So if the guy that starts the time at the NFL combine gets an itchy trigger finger, he then screws the runner with a slow 40 time (which was the case with Tavon Austin). The NFL network superimposed a few of the fastest WR running and the outcome didn't match the 40 times they ran.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]