NFC West predictions for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
These are always pointless style arguments. So because we beat the Dolphins and the Lions and you didn't does that mean that we are better?

Lets just agree that both our teams are lethal and wait until the next season unfolds.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Goldrush":1ilu74ah said:
When looking at all positions yes we have a better overall amount of positional talent. No it doesnt mean our guy at every single position is better than each guy on the seahawks, You misunderstood me.

No, I didn't. Read what you said. You specifically said you had better players, position by position. That is implicit in its meaning. You misspoke, or got caught BS'ing and want to take it back. Either way, I understood perfectly what was said, whether you intended it or not.

Brahn

Reaction score
Goldrush":2afs9e7x said:
Brahn":2afs9e7x said:
Harbaugh drafts CFL Pro Bowlers. PC/JS Draft NFL All Pros

*Edit* This is my 2013 prediction. Also my 2012 and 2011

Harbaugh doesnt draft players for the most part, the only 1 we know can be pinned on him is Colin Kaepernick which is nothing short of a home run as of today.

For your prediction to be true it would be completely contrary to all the evidence built over the last half decade (which basically means its wishful thinking), no team has drafted better than the 49ers in that stretch and there's no reason to think that changes as long as many of the same guys are making the personnel decisions (which they are).

The funny thing is the same guy who drafted Bowman,Willis, Gore is no longer with the team. If i recall right he is currently with the Hawks. Hawks have rebuilt a team in 3 years to compete with a Niners team that has been building for the last decade. If the Niners drafted so well why has it taken so long to get back to the playoffs, when the rest of the West was rebuilding?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Brahn, the 49ers are just waiting to unleash their 1st-round pick from last year on us; just you wait. Spending his whole rookie year inactive is just a ploy. A ploy, I tell you! It seems they sure drafted well with THAT pick. The 49ers were stocked with misused talent when Harbaugh came in. Look what he did, he turned them into a 13-3 team that went deep into the playoffs making practically ZERO roster changes to starters; but yes, I'm sure they're "drafting well". We'll see, at least another couple of years are needed to see if the 49ers are drafting well, or not.

hawker84

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1elnyd3q said:
These are always pointless style arguments. So because we beat the Dolphins and the Lions and you didn't does that mean that we are better?

Lets just agree that both our teams are lethal and wait until the next season unfolds.

agreed :smilie=angry016.gif:

Goldrush

Reaction score
hawker84":12jezv2v said:
you beat us 13 to 6 at home, we beat you 42 to 13 at home.. we beat the rams, you didn't... we beat the vikings , you didn't... we also beat the packers, NE , Chicago same as you..

i agree , every given sunday.. but we beat you soundly here and should have beat you at your place, if our recievers/backs didn't drop a ton of passes, and i think any level headed niner fan will agree....

and losing every third game is consisantly inconsistant at best....

your db's damn near cost you the Championship game and cost you the superbowl, ours were one of our only strengths on defense during the playoff run..

and if you want to try and get into all those first road half losses, keep in mind we were sporting a new rookie qb working with less than half the playbook, and not getting the opportunity to air the ball out... but yet we were still in every game until the final whistle... can your team say the same?

we can go back and forth, it's just my opinion after all.

Ahhhh... the ole "style points" argument.... the go to move for those in need of vindication in the absence of actual success. Good luck.

Goldrush

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1zduaos1 said:
Brahn, the 49ers are just waiting to unleash their 1st-round pick from last year on us; just you wait. Spending his whole rookie year inactive is just a ploy. A ploy, I tell you! It seems they sure drafted well with THAT pick. The 49ers were stocked with misused talent when Harbaugh came in. Look what he did, he turned them into a 13-3 team that went deep into the playoffs making practically ZERO roster changes to starters; but yes, I'm sure they're "drafting well". We'll see, at least another couple of years are needed to see if the 49ers are drafting well, or not.

Cuz the new HC is the guy that does the drafting.... yeh lets wait... :sarcasm_off:

hawker84

Reaction score
Goldrush":l9rh5wxc said:
hawker84":l9rh5wxc said:
you beat us 13 to 6 at home, we beat you 42 to 13 at home.. we beat the rams, you didn't... we beat the vikings , you didn't... we also beat the packers, NE , Chicago same as you..

i agree , every given sunday.. but we beat you soundly here and should have beat you at your place, if our recievers/backs didn't drop a ton of passes, and i think any level headed niner fan will agree....

your db's damn near cost you the Championship game and cost you the superbowl, ours were one of our only strengths on defense during the playoff run..

and if you want to try and get into all those first road half losses, keep in mind we were sporting a new rookie qb working with less than half the playbook, and not getting the opportunity to air the ball out... but yet we were still in every game until the final whistle... can your team say the same?

Ahhhh... the ole "style points" argument.... the go to move for those in need of vindication in the absence of actual success. Good luck.

have no idea what you're even talking about.. care to elaborate on that.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
hawker84":1av3mfhh said:

oh cause we didnt introduce a 1st year QB into the mix either? oh AND we changed the offense? Lol that arguement is invalid.

Yeah and im sure if your recievers/backs dont drop passes, you would probably go 16-0..

and that goes for every other team in the NFL.

we beat the falcons, you didnt. see what i did there? quite a useless arguement huh?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Goldrush":1r98bkzo said:
Cuz the new HC is the guy that does the drafting.... yeh lets wait... :sarcasm_off:

I'm sure the new HC that replaced most of the 49ers entire staff had no say in who they drafted...yeh lets wait... :sarcasm_off:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ You want to know what two posters who haven't posted here in years think of Kaepernick these days?

Weird thread to bump. How'd you even find it?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Are you the only one left from this thread, Popeye? (I'm indifferent to the relevance of the bump.)

Hey, I had forgotten that I even predicted the Seahawks record that year. Got it right 13-3. (Had to have 3's in it, that was my scientific system! ;) Lol ) Nah, I could tell the team was on the cusp of something great. However, I was prematurely wrong about the 49ers... and apparently duped by the Rams hype. My bad there.

I tried to tell many people after SF traded away Alex Smith and went with CK that it was a big mistake. Not sure if I shared that much on this board, but I was in constant conversations with others here who thought the 49ers were the team - esp when they came off the Super Bowl appearance. Football guys, I'm taking. Coaches who played major college football and such. Around them with my boys playing ball. Anyway, they all came back to me a year later and told me I was right about CK. They now know I was right that it was just a matter of time for the 49ers demise.

I still think CK is a heck of an athlete. (Time for the 49ers to move on from him, though. I think Gabbert has really shown something.) But, I always just took issue at all the early comparisons others made between him and RW. My take was and still is... Russell is an incredible NFL QB who can also run. CK was a running QB who could make some throws, but not really a starting level QB. I shared that with a current rostered player (at the time and he's still on the roster) and he agreed 100% with me. So, I knew my assessment wasn't unique to me.

It will be interesting to see what the Niners do to try to get it turned around. They've got some work to do, but don't they have the most draft picks over the next 3 years? I'm impressed with how they have acquired so many picks (and/or been granted so many comp picks.) With that, hope is not lost.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I predicted the Hawks 12-4 that year, but it was in a different thread. I miss loafoftatupu. onanygivensunday was a good poster too.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Seriously, can we stop resurrecting threads from this long ago? This is a new record. You're pulling up threads from TWO YEARS ago? Just create a new thread if you want to talk about Kaepernick.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":8n2g222t said:
Seriously, can we stop resurrecting threads from this long ago? This is a new record. You're pulling up threads from TWO YEARS ago? Just create a new thread if you want to talk about Kaepernick.

:th2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TeamOfTheCentury--

This is from five months before I even joined. :lol:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not sure the point of bumping it, but the Kaepernick posts were funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts