NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
pinksheets":iyzo5l6s said:
And I hereby decree that Blitzer shall stay away from all Sonics/Kings news for the next 7 days. It's for your own good, dude. KJ is going to announce the whales tomorrow, a hype train will get started, and there is going to be a lot of buzz that isn't necessarily in touch with reality. Let things settle before you get too worked up (which you know you won't so stay away! get in your panic room).

Buts its soooo hard, but I will try my best Pink.

dunceface

Reaction score
Throwdown":2gt9ywvd said:
Some of you need to stop worrying, we have the upper hand. An agreed deal, that the maloofs can't back out of, an arena plan that's far ahead any arena deal sacramento, or this dude can come up with in a months time, and we got good money writing the checks. Teams coming to Seattle, everything until the BOG meeting is just noise.

QEnVy

pinksheets

Reaction score
I really want to have what you're trying to say explained to me, but I also don't...and want to leave it as a piece of performance GIF art that we can all take our own meaning from.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The $30 mil was paid and is nonrefundable. This has been confirmed by the Maloofs. The Hanson deal would have to fall apart for it to even be possible for the Maloofs to take other offers.

The ball is in Chris Hanson's court, people, and he is driving the lane.

chris98251

Reaction score
well when done can someone post details, it says my browser isn't compatible with it. I tried Chrome and Explorer.

BillHawks

Reaction score
chris98251":s11e572c said:
well when done can someone post details, it says my browser isn't compatible with it. I tried Chrome and Explorer.

Not over yet but quick summary:

1. Mark Mastrov will be primary owner (this was unclear, Kevin stumbled a bit here)
2. Burkle will lead the arena financing
3. Mastrov will submit a competitive offer to the NBA tomorrow
4. Johnson believes that the bid will be close enough to Seattle that the NBA will make the Maloofs sell to the local group
5. THE MONARCHS WILL BE BACK IN THE NEW ARENA :roll:

Edit: So basically nothing new, other than that they'll be submitting an offer tomorrow.

chris98251

Reaction score
So close to Seattles bid, not equal or better, and Burkle will lead financeing for a new Arena that has not been approved, designed or voted on. Sounds like a lot of hopes and wishes. Additionally the NBA just approves a sale, Maloofs already accepted Hansens offer, it would require them renigging on it to not go thru since they have accepeted 30 million in earnest money already also.

But thank you for the post.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Call me old fashion, but I just got more confident.

That's how they're going to war? Lol

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Kevin Johnson can say what he wants, he has no say if the Kings come to Seattle, it isn't up to him or his thrown together unapproved plan. I love how the Hansen-Balmer group is silent right now.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
KJ is sort of a gladhanding politico, but he's got balls. He's really laying his stuff out there to say no way will we get his team. I know it's been said over and over, but Christ I wish we had a mayor like that when the Sonics left.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Mitch from KJR is saying he's hearing that the Sacramento offer is significantly less than the Seattle offer, and that KJ is banking on this idea that a Sac buyer wouldn't have to repay the loan the city gave to the Kings. Mitch said he knows the exact amount of the offer, won't say, but expects the news to start leaking anytime.

Problem with that is, a significantly lower valuation is not going to appeal to owners. On top of that, there is no indication the city is prepared to just forgive that loan. In fact, in the recent city council vote, one of the principles of the arena negotiations authorized was that the existing city loan would be retired and any refinancing would require secure collateral, meaning that a new owner would still be on the hook for it.

He also said the Hansen group has a few "bullets to fire" that they're "sitting on" if need be.

pehawk

Reaction score
Pink, you've been a f-ing hero in this thread. I check it every few days to ease my concerns.

Thanks.

dunceface

Reaction score
pehawk":1jlxf0lk said:
Pink, you've been a f-ing hero in this thread. I check it every few days to ease my concerns.

Thanks.

This

The Outfield

Reaction score
pehawk":1ixdspuw said:

Thanks.

Haha, same here.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Any further updates? Michael Wilbon was just on Nba Live on ESPN and said the city of Seattles stock was down in terms of getting the Kings.

drdiags

Reaction score
Blitzer88":9tbxvnd8 said:
Any further updates? Michael Wilbon was just on Nba Live on ESPN and said the city of Seattles stock was down in terms of getting the Kings.

Stern told the media today in Sacremento that the offer needed more money to match what the Seattle offer had going for it. We will see, that may be enough hope to get Johnson and friends to see if they can up the ante.

Status
Not open for further replies.