If you were Clowney would you sit out?

godawg

Reaction score
South Carolina sophomore DE Jadeveon Clowney told local media members that he will play football during the 2013 season.
"I used to play around with the boys (and say) I'm going to sit out, but ... I am going to go to school and play," Clowney said. The soon to be junior ran a 4.54 40-yd dash this winter, which is actually slower than he ran in high school, but we think the added weight had something to do with it. In fact, Clowney is up to 273 pounds from his 260 pound playing weight last year. He also took out a $5 million insurance policy in case of an injury.
Source: Josh Kendall on Twitter
Mar 7 - 7:14 PM

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
NYCoug":2khqs7tk said:
pehawk":2khqs7tk said:
He only gets that if he NEVER plays football again or goes undrafted, IIRC. He'd have to break both legs and lose an arm to not get drafted.

That's a great idea for a movie right there, pe. Superstar QB has a tragic accident that sees him lose an arm. Determined to be a pro football player, he becomes a kicker and excels. A little twist on the classic "feel good story" type sports movie haha

Okay, we're on to some thing here. Somehow we have to incorporate Def Leppard into the title, for the obvious reasoning.

NYCoug

Reaction score
pehawk":2iwwuhru said:
NYCoug":2iwwuhru said:
pehawk":2iwwuhru said:
He only gets that if he NEVER plays football again or goes undrafted, IIRC. He'd have to break both legs and lose an arm to not get drafted.

That's a great idea for a movie right there, pe. Superstar QB has a tragic accident that sees him lose an arm. Determined to be a pro football player, he becomes a kicker and excels. A little twist on the classic "feel good story" type sports movie haha

Okay, we're on to some thing here. Somehow we have to incorporate Def Leppard into the title, for the obvious reasoning.

I like where this is going. How bout, instead of becoming a kicker he instead becomes a referee. "Ref Leppard." He trades in throwing game-winning touchdown passes and banging cheap floozies for a striped shirt and a whistle. A man who loses everything and still decides that he wants to protect the integrity of the game. Despite his one arm, all players fear him. He makes Ed Hochuli look like a little pansy.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
"Ref Leppard" that'd look great on a hat. Perfect!

Our hero identifies a talented QB making big mistakes and in danger of repeating our hero's past mistakes. The QB will be played by Jack Black because it just makes too much sense. Obviously, our ref would take a liking to the QB, but to pass on some valuable life lessons.

The poster would be similar to the below examples, but with Jack Black in his football outfit and our ex-QB converted ref.

posters-lean-590.jpg

Why cant we just get Ed himself? Refs dont make much...so all we have to do is offer more money than those chisslers at the NFL.

NYCoug

Reaction score
pehawk":2sbl0j04 said:
"Ref Leppard" that'd look great on a hat. Perfect!

Our hero identifies a talented QB making big mistakes and in danger of repeating our hero's past mistakes. The QB will be played by Jack Black because it just makes too much sense. Obviously, our ref would take a liking to the QB, but to pass on some valuable life lessons.

The poster would be similar to the below examples, but with Jack Black in his football outfit and our ex-QB converted ref.

posters-lean-590.jpg

Why cant we just get Ed himself? Refs dont make much...so all we have to do is offer more money than those chisslers at the NFL.

I don't know if Ed would be cool with amputating one of his arms. Can't ruin those guns he's got. Whoever we get has to be a REAL method actor. He'll have to play QB in the Arena League for a year prior to filming, then have his arm cut off, then go to ref school. Hmmmm.... Daniel Day Lewis? Nah, too old...

I like Jack Black as the QB. Starts off as sort of a Jim McMahon type before our hero sets him straight. Good work on the poster find, that'll work. Christian Bale as "Ref Leppard?" I think he's crazy enough to actually do it!