Where did your hate of 49er fans originate?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1t56oejw said:
Riley12":1t56oejw said:
That is a super easy question to answer.

Back in the mid 80's, the Seahawks were still in the AFC West, but I lived on the central coast of CA. You couldn't
throw a rock without hitting a Niner fan. They were as smug and entitled, even back then during the dawn of the
Bill Walsh era, as the worst NFC East fans. They thought that any discussion of west coast football started and ended
with their team. No one else mattered.

I started watching football with Raiders fans in those days because my hatred of Niner fans outweighed my hatred of
the Raiders - yes, even Bo Jackson, Jim Plunkett and Tom Flores - and they would at least talk about other teams.

I can understand that. However the 80's did pretty much belong to the Niners (SB's= 1981, 1984, 1988, 1989...then 1994. Division Champs= 1981, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989). So it is easy to understand the pride that a fan base would feel during a period such as that.

And apparently still do, as they mention it EVERY time they talk.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2h92t294 said:
NinerLifer":2h92t294 said:
Riley12":2h92t294 said:
That is a super easy question to answer.

Back in the mid 80's, the Seahawks were still in the AFC West, but I lived on the central coast of CA. You couldn't
throw a rock without hitting a Niner fan. They were as smug and entitled, even back then during the dawn of the
Bill Walsh era, as the worst NFC East fans. They thought that any discussion of west coast football started and ended
with their team. No one else mattered.

I started watching football with Raiders fans in those days because my hatred of Niner fans outweighed my hatred of
the Raiders - yes, even Bo Jackson, Jim Plunkett and Tom Flores - and they would at least talk about other teams.

I can understand that. However the 80's did pretty much belong to the Niners (SB's= 1981, 1984, 1988, 1989...then 1994. Division Champs= 1981, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989). So it is easy to understand the pride that a fan base would feel during a period such as that.

And apparently still do, as they mention it EVERY time they talk.
Yup. And the true reason Ninerlifer is on Seahawks boards surfaces.

You started this thread with a faulty question ... and (arrogantly) on a Seahawks board. Which also is the answer you need to hear if there's any hope for you whatsoever. I'll preface what I'm going to say by clarifying that this isn't life... it's a game. In terms of the topic being discussion about football... I could like you fine outside of all that (if I knew you in person.) It's possible because some of my best friends are Steelers fans, NYG fans, etc, etc, etc. Still, when it comes to football... I'm a Seahawks fan. The other teams are just necessary evils.

(Now with that disclaimer out of the way) Perhaps the question you should ask yourself (and please do not share with us) is... why are you not a Seahawks fan? I have NO interest hearing about the 49ers (especially in a SEAHAWKS fan forum... unless it is of the 42-13 nature (the actual games.) After that clear statement, I'm sure "they" (not you) are working at trying to figure out how they're going to compete with the Seahawks this next season. Know your enemy, sure. But, fans are not tasked with figuring out how to convince 49er fans of anything. There's infinitely more important matters. You come in here like you're doing us a favor. What do you expect to accomplish by asking such a question? Get over yourself. None of us are dependent upon you to know what we need to know about the 49ers team. We stomach as much as we can to make thrashing them all the more enjoyable to watch.

I can think of only one way a rival fan could exist on this or any other teams' board: go with compliments about the other team and let the fans of that board be the ones to say anything about your team. When you're too busy building your own case, you have no need to hear any potential compliment from any of us, right? You're already doing the job and you come across no different than all the other smug 49er fans that I'm certain we've all come across for years. Your question (no matter what you say is your reasoning) rings of you trying to "one up" Seahawks fans as if "we" are the problem on our own board. Too, some of the things you say in this thread about Seahawks fans and other NFC West fans are passively insulting. They're not quite even back-handed compliments.

Again, no offense personally. But, you're barking up the wrong tree with your approach. If that's not helpful information... I can't help you and perhaps you should just go reside elsewhere. I don't come onto Seahawks boards looking for 49er fans to hear what they have to say. Sorry if that bursts your bubble. But, maybe it's constructive enough to see you approach how you post in here. I was hesitant to even bite and give an answer... but, after reading through some of the choice answers for some AM entertainment, thought I would chime in. Otherwise, when I see your avatar... I pretty much look to ignore what comments you might have. I've heard it all for years.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
@NinerLifer
I thought of another way to put it which might also appease your question to some degree. When hate for other teams began isn't even the question either. The game for fans becomes more enjoyable and satisfying rooting for your team when there are other teams you love to hate. Divisional opponents fit that because of playing them each twice a year. I haven't always hated the Cardinals, 49ers and Rams. But, it became obligatory after all the realignment. I probably hate the Cardinals the least of all the other teams (as I remember rooting for them against teams like the Cowboys when they had Jim Hart, Roy Green... that era. The St. Louis Cardinals.) The only time I remember having any like for the 49ers was when I felt sorry for them (Steve DeBerg years, etc.) I was pleased when they beat the Cowboys to get to SB 16, but was more rooting for Ken Anderson and the Bengals in that one. I always liked the uniforms of the Rams of the 70's with the yellow. Vince Ferragamo era was pretty cool. As a kid, I loved the NFL, so could appreciate things about some of the other teams perhaps more so then.

OP
OP
NinerLifer

NinerLifer

Reaction score
I appreciate your reply "Team of the century". After reading your post I can see now why how some of my own posts are perhaps coming off negative when that isnt my intention. I will try to tailor my replies to a less invasive approach in an attempt to actually accomplish why I came here in the first place.

As stated when I first showed up, I find that there is no better way to find out information regarding a team than from the fans of that team on an Internet MB. As fans, whenever we come across something on the internet or any other news source regarding our team we like to post about it to share what we learned with our fellow board members in order to spark conversation and find out what others think about it whatever it may be. Easier than Google in my opinion.

As my goal here is to keep up to date with what the Seahawks are doing, as I do with the other teams in our division, I will try harder to not come off as this "passive aggressive" person that I keep getting labeled.

So I thank you for your informative reply.

captSE

Reaction score
Bahahaha.

I got tired of the 69'ers a long time ago. ******* prick assholes. shitheads. ********'s.
Actually, when my nephew and niece would say after we beat their ass's, "How many championships have you guys won"?
:pukeface:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NinerLifer":yy8rjoyu said:
I appreciate your reply "Team of the century". After reading your post I can see now why how some of my own posts are perhaps coming off negative when that isnt my intention. I will try to tailor my replies to a less invasive approach in an attempt to actually accomplish why I came here in the first place.

As stated when I first showed up, I find that there is no better way to find out information regarding a team than from the fans of that team on an Internet MB. As fans, whenever we come across something on the internet or any other news source regarding our team we like to post about it to share what we learned with our fellow board members in order to spark conversation and find out what others think about it whatever it may be. Easier than Google in my opinion.

As my goal here is to keep up to date with what the Seahawks are doing, as I do with the other teams in our division, I will try harder to not come off as this "passive aggressive" person that I keep getting labeled.

I must admit...you're an incredibly committed, pretty awesome troll.

Subzero717

Reaction score
NinerLifer":nrwfn2yy said:
accomplish why I came here in the first place.

I will try harder to not come off as this "passive aggressive" person that I keep getting labeled.

Your mission is accomplished. You've annoyed all of us.

Wow. You really don't get it. Or you're just that big of a douche.

Spokane

Reaction score
A legit D-bag! A stone cold passive aggressive D-bag that lacks the aggressive part.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I can't stand them because 95% of them are fairweather douchebags. You couldn't find a 49er fan after the team was in rebuilding mode.. now they're everywhere.. reliving the great 80's when most of them were not even alive or like 4 years old when the 49ers were prominent.

I used to think Cowboys fans were the worst, but the Niners took that baton and ran away from the pack with Usain Bolt speed.

You watch, when the Niners have a let down year.. most of their fan base will disappear like roaches when a light switch is flicked on.

kearly

Reaction score
The 49ers were one of my favorite franchises before Harbaugh. We had the 49ers to thank for Mike Holmgren, Pete Carroll, Bill Walsh's influence and other things. I was a big fan of Steve Young in the 90s and Jeff Garcia in the 00's. When they were winning championships they did so as one of the classiest sports organizations ever.

Then Harbaugh changed that with his smug douchery, poor sportsmanship and extremely lucky first season. Since then, Harbaugh has proved his worth with a legitimately great 2nd season. And though I think he's cartoonishly douchey, I'm starting to like that about him. His fits are hilarious to watch, and one of my favorite NFL stories ever was his backslap to Schwartz. He's actually turning into one of my favorite "villains" in sports, and I think villains are good for the game.

So I hardly hate the 49ers, but I do find the current version to be very fun to root against.

nategreat

Reaction score
kearly":1r7v28d8 said:
The 49ers were one of my favorite franchises before Harbaugh. We had the 49ers to thank for Mike Holmgren, Pete Carroll, Bill Walsh's influence and other things. I was a big fan of Steve Young in the 90s and Jeff Garcia in the 00's. When they were winning championships they did so as one of the classiest sports organizations ever.

Then Harbaugh changed that with his smug douchery, poor sportsmanship and extremely lucky first season. Since then, Harbaugh has proved his worth with a legitimately great 2nd season. And though I think he's cartoonishly douchey, I'm starting to like that about him. His fits are hilarious to watch, and one of my favorite NFL stories ever was his backslap to Schwartz. He's actually turning into one of my favorite "villains" in sports, and I think villains are good for the game.

So I hardly hate the 49ers, but I do find the current version to be very fun to root against.

The path to the dark side, you are on.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
NinerLifer":33tpkk04 said:

Seriously! Just stop, the more you post on this subject the more pathetic you sound. Personally I can't believe you actually had to ask this question. #1 answer and the only one you really need, THEY ARE HAWK FANS! You are starting to sound like the new kid at school willing to take any kind of crap, just to make friends.

If you want to make friends with Hawk fans, move here or come here and meet a few, I am sure on a personal level you would be treated better. I don't think any of these guy or gals would actually wish harm to come to you or any of us 49er fans, but they are division rivals, they are not going to sing the praises of the 49ers, you might engage in some back and forth with a positive outcome but the most likely scenario is they're are not interested in what your opinion is about their team. You should take a lesson from this, stop caring what Hawk fans think of the 49ers and their fan base.

You could trade tit for tat all day with the same result. Again, THEY ARE HAWK FANS!!!!!

I cruze this sight all the time, I see what they write, get to read their opinions about their team and ours, all the same things you claim to be here for. All without having to subject myself to what you have on this entire thread. I joined just to hopefully make you stop, you must realize by now, the longer this thread goes on the worse you are starting to look, not just in their eyes. If a Hawk fan on this site wants to engage me in conversation then I am willing, but I refuse to beg for acceptance which is what you seem to be doing.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1bvcdoj7 said:
NinerLifer":1bvcdoj7 said:

Seriously! Just stop, the more you post on this subject the more pathetic you sound. Personally I can't believe you actually had to ask this question. #1 answer and the only one you really need, THEY ARE HAWK FANS! You are starting to sound like the new kid at school willing to take any kind of crap, just to make friends.

If you want to make friends with Hawk fans, move here or come here and meet a few, I am sure on a personal level you would be treated better. I don't think any of these guy or gals would actually wish harm to come to you or any of us 49er fans, but they are division rivals, they are not going to sing the praises of the 49ers, you might engage in some back and forth with a positive outcome but the most likely scenario is they're are not interested in what your opinion is about their team. You should take a lesson from this, stop caring what Hawk fans think of the 49ers and their fan base.

You could trade tit for tat all day with the same result. Again, THEY ARE HAWK FANS!!!!!

I cruze this sight all the time, I see what they write, get to read their opinions about their team and ours, all the same things you claim to be here for. All without having to subject myself to what you have on this entire thread. I joined just to hopefully make you stop, you must realize by now, the longer this thread goes on the worse you are starting to look, not just in their eyes. If a Hawk fan on this site wants to engage me in conversation then I am willing, but I refuse to beg for acceptance which is what you seem to be doing.
So, you're not just NinerLifer's alter ego?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2cxbici8 said:
NinerLifer":2cxbici8 said:

Please take this man's advice, Ninerlifer.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
When I moved to the Portland area and met a whole bunch of people that are jealous because Seattle has an NFL team and Portland doesn't so they root for someone, anyone that isn't the Seattle Seahawks. They are in a group that also includes a fair amount of Cowpatty and Stealer and Fudgepacker fans though there are more Whiner fans in the lot. Once I saw what a grade A, complete and total douchebag Harbaugh is, that just further sealed it for me until now the only teams I hate worse are Dullass and Pissburgh and that is by the slimmest of margains.

GO ZAGS!!

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":sx8tjzfv said:
When I moved to the Portland area and met a whole bunch of people that are jealous because Seattle has an NFL team and Portland doesn't so they root for someone, anyone that isn't the Seattle Seahawks. They are in a group that also includes a fair amount of Cowpatty and Stealer and Fudgepacker fans though there are more Whiner fans in the lot. Once I saw what a grade A, complete and total douchebag Harbaugh is, that just further sealed it for me until now the only teams I hate worse are Dullass and Pissburgh and that is by the slimmest of margains.

Oregon's an odd place as far as who they root for. Some of our Oregonian members can probably explain this better. I know of some diehard Seahawk fans in Portland, which makes sense because you would think that the Seahawks are the Pacific Northwest's team right?

But then you get the Oregonians that hate Seattle, probably a jealousy thing? So they root for the second nearest west coast team, the Whiners. Or jump on the bandwagons of the typical bandwagony teams, Packers, Stealers, niners, etc. I think it's a double whammy for the whiners now, second closest team(without the Seattle jealousy), bandwagon team, that's why you see so many niner fans in Oregon now. IMHO

I had to travel for work to Roseburg OR awhile back, we stopped in Salem at the Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Seahawks game. I told my co-worker, "watch this place will be filled with niner fans, barely any Seahawk fans". Sure enough, all red jerseys, niner game on the main screen, they didn't even put the Seahawks on a little tv until 15 minutes in.

Salem to Seattle 219 Miles
Salem to San Fran 591 Miles

But whatever, nothing new with frontrunners and bandwagons.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":367ptgjs said:
.....I had to travel for work to Roseburg OR awhile back, we stopped in Salem at the Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Seahawks game. I told my co-worker, "watch this place will be filled with niner fans, barely any Seahawk fans". Sure enough, all red jerseys, niner game on the main screen, they didn't even put the Seahawks on a little tv until 15 minutes in.

Salem to Seattle 219 Miles
Salem to San Fran 591 Miles
Perfect illustration of my point. :th2thumbs:

GO ZAGS!!