It's going to be real hard not to be a homer in Fantasy....

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Yep.
I pride myself in being a solid and unbiased fantasy manager but this will be the first year since 2005 it might pay to be a "homer". Wilson, Lynch, Harvin, possibly Rice. I play in an IDP league that does not include team defenses so the last couple years some Seattle defensive players have been good(Wagner last season was huge). It is going to be really hard to not draft a lot of Hawks. lol.

mikeak

Reaction score
Completely disagree. I went Wilson, Seahawks D last year and will do the same this year. I am not picking Harvin, Rice, Miller, Lynch or Tate. Reason is simple - to many weapons equal spreading it out. It is like holding the Saints RB one game two touchdowns next game 3 carries. Same on the WR side.......

Now Wilson will be involved in a lot of the scoring and the defense should be improved so those look solid

NYCoug

Reaction score
Last season, I drafted an ENTIRELY Seahawks team to piss off my friends. I had gotten screwed the previous season due to a lack of a bye week for the #1 and #2 seeds, despite lobbying for it before the season started, and so I decided to go with an All-Seahawks squad last season. I was a year too quick on the trigger it seems, as is often the case with me when it comes to football projections. People laughed even though I still won 4 games and almost won 3 more, but I'm going to do the same thing AGAIN this season and damnit, I'm gonna win!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm already mentally resigned to the fact that I'm going to draft the Seahawks defense and Russell Wilson if at all possible.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
As a rule, I never take Seahawk players for FF. Until SA became the feature back, the ONLY players I had used going back to the 80's was Chris Warren and John Kasay. I did snag the defense a few times.

SA changed that, but only for a few years, in fact he was gone typically before I could get him.

The last two years, I have had Lynch and last year I snagged Rice. In an extremely deep 14 team league, they paid off.

Our big money league is made up of STL and SoCal folks, with some in Minny and me being the ONLY one is the NW. They were sucking up the Hawk players like crazy last year. Tate, Baldwin, Miller and RW especially were grabbed like crazy. That by people with no ties to Seattle. That is how you can see the level of respect they maintained. On a team where the ball is spread out so well, not a single skill player on the Hawks was available.

Harvin will obviously go high, but I hate riding FF on the Hawks. I would rather get beat by a Seahawk player because the team was winning than win a FF game.

LargentFan

Reaction score
I try to limit my roster to have one Seahawk that will start and possibly another as a backup for bye weeks or injury.
Last year, I grabbed Lynch in round 2 and got Adrian Peterson in round 3. People said I stretched, and I agreed, but the potential reward was too big not to take the risk.
I rode those two all the way to the championship with a little help from Drew Brees.

mikeak

Reaction score
NYCoug":19zpkcgi said:
Last season, I drafted an ENTIRELY Seahawks team to piss off my friends. I had gotten screwed the previous season due to a lack of a bye week for the #1 and #2 seeds, despite lobbying for it before the season started, and so I decided to go with an All-Seahawks squad last season. I was a year too quick on the trigger it seems, as is often the case with me when it comes to football projections. People laughed even though I still won 4 games and almost won 3 more, but I'm going to do the same thing AGAIN this season and damnit, I'm gonna win!

Funny -- if I was in your league I would pick Seahawks defense / RW just to tick you off.........

themunn

Reaction score
I went slightly homer in a 20 team league last year and managed to end up with Arian Foster, Lynch and Wilson (undrafted). Those 3 led me to the wild-card playoffs, and then Lynch and Wilson went Turbo and I cruised to victory.

However I know there's no way I could get 2 of them let alone 3 in the 20 team league next year. Think I might just pass on fantasy this season

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
themunn":3508l7n4 said:
I went slightly homer in a 20 team league last year and managed to end up with Arian Foster, Lynch and Wilson (undrafted). Those 3 led me to the wild-card playoffs, and then Lynch and Wilson went Turbo and I cruised to victory.

However I know there's no way I could get 2 of them let alone 3 in the 20 team league next year. Think I might just pass on fantasy this season

20 teams!!! Holy thinned down roster Batman.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I agree that RW stock went up big time. I have had Harvin for two straight seasons and he paid me off. Our league is PPR, bonus for 100 yd games and we also get points for return yards and TDs. Harvin was my best player last season up until week 9. They don't have any other receivers in Minny that are worth a shit, lol, so he was MONEY. This year it will be split. So, his fantasy stock went down a bit. We don't use a team D but IDPs. Bobby Wagner was money last year after week 3. He should be again this season. Lynch should be a good RB1 to have again even if he misses the first couple games due to his legal issues.....
Being a homer can have it's advantages too. I benched Aaron Rodgers when they came to Seattle. I used Andrew Luck that week, it was a good week for me. The Legion Of Boom did their job. :th2thumbs:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I won my fantasy league last year. Picked up RW after the draft just for the hell of it. I'm glad I did because I had to start him when Eli began his Nov brainfart again. Also had Seahawks D and Wagner.

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
very happy to say i won my fantasy league thanks to the outstanding performance from lynch and our D in the SF game. its going to be really really hard not going wilson, lynch, harvin and seahawks D this year. by hard i dont mean hard to stop myself, hard to afford them all in our auction draft. $200 limit isnt gonna cut it!

Subzero717

Reaction score
I had Lynch and the D last year and won the whole shot. SB champs. It didn't hurt I also had Megatron, Jamal Charles, Gonzales and my late round back up QB Joe Flaco played decent. Yes, I'm gloating.

kearly

Reaction score
I had Wilson, Lynch, and Seattle's defense on my team last year. There was one week where I started all 3 (Cardinals game)? And had the highest scoring game of the entire league season by anybody. The next week at Buffalo was crazy high points as well.

I think we'll see quite a few more Arizona/Buffalo/49ers type games next season. I also think that Wilson will probably be one of the first 8 QBs drafted in an 8 player league.

And though it makes me a bad person to say this, I suspect that Kaepernick will be a quality fantasy option next season. Not a great QB, but a pretty good fantasy option. If you prorate his stats from last season over 16 games he would have been the #3 fantasy QB last year, IIRC.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I prefer the big 3 QB's myself. Rodgers, Brees, Brady. Very safe picks. However, with all the FA stuff going around this year, it will be hard to predict. I like QBs that HAVE TO throw all the time. It's even better if the QB is on a team that allows a lot of points. Garbage time is nice to have. lol. Also, teams that like to run a lot(Houston/Seattle, etc) are not good options for QBs. They don't have to throw as much. Another thing I like to follow is the spread the ball option. I knew so many owners of receivers from deep receiving cores(NO, GB, etc) that they were frustrated most of the season. I think this season will be very interesting from a fantasy perspective. Andrew Luck is looking better and better. I don't see them upping their running game this year. He is still going to throw like crazy.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RW's rushing TDs make up for not throwing as much as the big 3, I think. Look at the last 8 games of the season for RW's stats. (I traded Peyton to get RW in week 2...Yes, total homer.) Once we unleashed the beast, his fantasy points were pretty good almost every week.