Hasselbeck released Update: Signs with Colts

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":kmch9y9v said:
Scottemojo":kmch9y9v said:
I wonder if he would go to Jacksonville?

Why would Jacksonville? They have Henne there, and he can push/start over your boy Gabbert. So, Matthew would be overkill.

Arizona could get itself to 6-8 win land with Hass, IMO. He did VERY well utilizing Britt and Wright's talents down there, even if it was a simple "okay, you got 1-on-1, you're getting a deep ball". He'd do very well in AZ, IMO.
I was just making a lazy link to Bradley.
If Arizona doesn't improve their offensive line, nobody is even going to start 8 games down there, let alone win 8. Otherwise, they have the receivers he could use. Running game is shit, though.

I could see the Raiders too. They have a throw away get out of cap hell season coming up, might as well dump Palmer while they are at it.

drdiags

Reaction score
Here is the list of folks who are interested in talking with Matt and his agent:

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Teams interested in Matt Hasselbeck: AZ, Buff, Chi, Cin, Cleve, Indy, NO, NYG, SF & Tampa,...and list could grow.

If I were Matt, I would consider NO, AZ and SF. NYG wouldn't be a bad gig either. All are for back up roles, besides maybe AZ and possibly Buff. Interesting decision on his part.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MeanBlueGreen":2bsmp1ur said:
Guarantee you he will be the new co-host with Brock Huard, replacing Mike Salk. Perfect replacement and I will tune in every day to listen, despite the fact that I live in SF now.

You heard it here first.

if Matt goes into broadcasting, it's going to be on a big time national NFL station like Fox, CBS, ESPN, NFL Network, etc. He's not gonna be content with making 200k on a local sports station.......even in Seattle.

Besides, I betcha he plays one more year.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2nootqw5 said:
MeanBlueGreen":2nootqw5 said:
Guarantee you he will be the new co-host with Brock Huard, replacing Mike Salk. Perfect replacement and I will tune in every day to listen, despite the fact that I live in SF now.

You heard it here first.

if Matt goes into broadcasting, it's going to be on a big time national NFL station like Fox, CBS, ESPN, NFL Network, etc. He's not gonna be content with making 200k on a local sports station.......even in Seattle.

Besides, I betcha he plays one more year.

Agreed. He has a bright future on NFL network or ESPN on TV somewhere like his homeboy Dilf should he be interested. Though I could very easily see him being a regularly ocurring guest spot on the Brock & Misc. show much like Tim Hass or John Clayton are.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
No way he retires. He is going to play until he can't. I say AZ too.

drdiags

Reaction score
The merge has occurred.

Good luck Matt. Look at how long Brunell played recently. Matt could backup for another few years and probably start temporarily in a few of the places with unsettled QB positions.

hawkpride

Reaction score
Hass deserves an opportunity with the hawks organization in some capacity, as a QB coach or assistant or QB scout ect. Don't forget that he is the only Hawk QB to take us to a superbowl. If he would have had a more talented oline and not had to run for his life so much, maybe you all would give him the props he deserves. I agree his time on the field is over, but the dude has the football smarts. Now I love RW dont get me wrong, and I am only saying that Hass should be with the Hawks in some capacity to help benefit this team instead of doing work for a network in the booth. And for God sakes, I can't fathom him going to a team in our division, please no.

CANHawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":29xrpnvu said:
Why is this in the main forum?

Hass is a Seahawk institution. We'd allow threads about Walter Jones or Cortez Kennedy in the main forum. There was just a thread about Shaun Alexander in the main forum. As far as I'm concerned, Hass is front page news too. Especially if this turn of events signals his retirement.

pehawk

Reaction score
Matt can still play; purely off his guile.

I know it became conventional wisdom here, that Matt was a system QB, but I disagree. He did very well when given a little more pre-snap and live read freedoms. He seemed to thrive when NOT being asked to just "drop 5 and throw it here or here".

Treefiddy

Reaction score
He should go to NYG, that way when he retires he can move directly into a TV studio.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
This is in the main forum because he is now a Free agent, it's the off season and he has ties to Seattle.

Happy

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":t9iu8xjs said:
This is in the main forum because he is now a Free agent, it's the off season and he has ties to Seattle.

+1

DJrmb

Reaction score
Spokane":h47qfvdk said:
Flynn is not to far from Wilson, he is moblie! Matt H would have to be 3rd string.

What a QB trio that would be...Wilson, Flynn and MH

Just because a QB runs fast in a 40 doesn't mean he's "not that far from Wilson". Pete Carroll has come out and said he wants a backup with a skill set like Russell Wilson. Why would he say that if he already has one in Flynn?

Spokane

Reaction score
DJrmb":11hr4alp said:
Spokane":11hr4alp said:
Flynn is not to far from Wilson, he is moblie! Matt H would have to be 3rd string.

What a QB trio that would be...Wilson, Flynn and MH

Just because a QB runs fast in a 40 doesn't mean he's "not that far from Wilson". Pete Carroll has come out and said he wants a backup with a skill set like Russell Wilson. Why would he say that if he already has one in Flynn?

The plan seems to be let flynn go in some way, so "for the next QB" Pete wants a Wilson Jr.

Can you tell me the big differences between Wilson and Flynn? No you can't, due to you have not seen Flynn play enough.

They are very close! Do the research before posting!

There is a reason why JS said he was pumped to have 2 starting QBs on the roster! Because Flynn fits the bill!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Ugh...please don't go to SF. He will never see the field, but I don't want to see him on the sidelines in those colors.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Yeah getting rid of Flynn is not a good idea. I hear this and that about trades, but it's just silly. Do we really feel that comfortable with Russell not getting hurt? he's proven he can "play tall" but all the same, injury is always a very real possibility and in that regard what he lacks in size still scares me a bit. Would be the only knock against him that I see thus far, with regards to his stature.