Let me tell you one thing I don't "Got to love what NFL Netw

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":fbgekkat said:
Oh my God, stop whining; I like prime time games. Preferably Sunday Night or Monday Night, but Thursday works, too. As long as they don't screw us by giving the 49ers 73 days rest prior to that game, and we get 4.
Agreed.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":x4f0get9 said:
rjdriver":x4f0get9 said:
So I'm listening to Dennis Miller on the radio today
And we can stop right there. Whatever happened after that, you very richly deserved it.

Dennis Miller (on TV): "Now, I don't want to go on a rant here, but America's foreign policy makes about as much sense as Beowulf having sex with Robert Fulton at the first battle of Antietam. I mean when a neo-conservative defenestrates it's like Raskolnikov filibuster deoxymonohydroxinate."
Peter Griffin: "What the hell does rant mean?"

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Didn't we play @ SF on Thursday night last year or was it Monday night?

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm with RJDriver, BFS, English, etc. These Thursday games go against so many things the league claims it's working towards. And they're kind of a pain in the tuchus as "prime time" games go.

I looked around for the stats that explain the advantage home teams have in Thursday night games, but couldn't find them. I know they exist. Someone posted them on here in the last couple of years

kearly

Reaction score
If it's on Thursday, it needs to be in Seattle, and only if Seattle had a bye week the week prior and SF just finished played at a tough east coast team the previous Sunday.

I could accept those terms.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
We have to take what the league gives us. Last year we were the only west coast team to get a 1pm Eastern time slot in the playoffs. If we get scheduled for a thursday away game, being able to turn that weakness into a win will say a lot #1 about how our team is or is not improving in regards to road games, #2 about if the team is maturing into a division and possible Superbowl Champion.

A win at San Francisco on a thursday night would make a clear statement. I would enjoy the opportunity.

After all, we know the scheduling is going to not favor us, if we Wildcard again there'll be an early east coast game to set up a media darling team with a win. We have to be able to take those games, and have to start somewhere.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The NFL needs to move these Thursday night games to Friday or shitcan them all together.
But in the case of the SF 49ers, I'm cool with this being a Thursday night game as long as it's the 2nd of back to back home games for us. I don't mind things being unfair as long as they're not unfair to us. ;)

Further, now that we are media darlings, hopefully the NFL schedule makers will cut us some slack with the East coast early starts. That would be appreciated.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
http://seattletimes.com/html/dannyoneil ... eil28.html

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The ... oblem.html

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/852 ... hypocrites

Even if you're giving Goodell the benefit of the doubt — and holy &$@#*%! is it hard, but let's say it's possible — he can't be defended on these reckless Thursday games. Last night, the Seahawks hung around for the first half, squandered multiple chances to pull away (dropping five balls in all, including two potential monster pass plays), then wilted down the stretch like the rabbit in a 5k race. They were running on fumes. News flash: That's how players get hurt. If you're pretending to care about player safety, and that it's not just a pathetic attempt to cover your asses for the wave of looming concussion lawsuits, then wouldn't it make sense to carve out more recovery time for players?

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
kearly":3otk45nr said:
If it's on Thursday, it needs to be in Seattle, and only if Seattle had a bye week the week prior and SF just finished played at a tough east coast team the previous Sunday.

I could accept those terms.

Yeah, OK. I would change my opinion if that were the case. :D

blue 22

Reaction score
I know folks say friday night games are a bad idea because of ratings... but really? Its the NFL... People are going to watch.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Absolutely hate TNF, for any teams. Ridiculous to play that sport on such short rest. I am not statistician, but there should be a way for the TNF game to always be played by two teams coming off the bye.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bestfightstory":25kmmeag said:
Even if you're giving Goodell the benefit of the doubt — and holy &$@#*%! is it hard, but let's say it's possible — he can't be defended on these reckless Thursday games. Last night, the Seahawks hung around for the first half, squandered multiple chances to pull away (dropping five balls in all, including two potential monster pass plays), then wilted down the stretch like the rabbit in a 5k race. They were running on fumes. News flash: That's how players get hurt. If you're pretending to care about player safety, and that it's not just a pathetic attempt to cover your asses for the wave of looming concussion lawsuits, then wouldn't it make sense to carve out more recovery time for players?

Why does everything have to be so black & white with the Goodell-haters? If he does one little thing for profit, it means he doesn't care about safety IN ANY CAPACITY to you guys.

36372367.jpg

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":v8zxik7f said:
bestfightstory":v8zxik7f said:

Why does everything have to be so black & white with the Goodell-haters? If he does one little thing for profit, it means he doesn't care about safety IN ANY CAPACITY to you guys.

36372367.jpg

Roland, Roland, Roland...
Goodell cares about PR. Not safety. He was part of the regime that hid concussion testing from the players because of the financial implications. Think about what he wants. 18 games. Expanded playoffs. Short weeks. Doesn't care or say a damn thing about Fedex Field. Wants to make midseason changes AFTER visually ugly injuries and hits, not before. Telling the refs to error on the side of caution when throwing flags, so taht hits like the Kam/Davis one get flagged when they shouldn't. PR is more important than the integrity of the game.

PR. Not safety. And PR is money from the pink jersey crowd. Goodell is a good CEO, but let's not get out the bucket of saint paint just because he has some commercials talking about safety with little kids playing ball in them.

And I actually like some of the safety oriented rules.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3rp35qzv said:
Cannot stand the Thursday games. Just a royal pain in the arse for all concerned.

1. Nothing to look forward to on Sunday

2. Have to take a day off work on Friday to have any chance of watching the damn game at 1-5am

3. Short week is a killer

4. By about week 4 they stop being interesting -- it's hard enough trying to match-up good games for MNF.

Agree 100%

bestfightstory

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2czhhx2b said:
bestfightstory":2czhhx2b said:

36372367.jpg

Quit yer gawddamn whining, Rolaids. And send it to Bill Simmons at the Grantland ink I provided. I am no Goodell 'HATER' the quote you quoted is from BS, NOT BFS.