Seahawks.net March Madness Competition

The Outfield

Reaction score
Congratulations, DrDiags, the winner of the 2013 Seahawks.net March Madness bracket competition!

DrDiags won with 107 points. I came in 2nd with 106 points and Cajunhawk came in 3rd with 105 points. Very close!

Thank you to all those who participated!

Thought it would be fun to have a March Madness bracket competition.

It's free to enter and there's no prize for the winner except for bragging rights :p

Click the link, fill in your bracket, and lets see who comes out on top!
http://seahawksnet.mayhem.cbssports.com ... 3_cbspaste (PW is beastmode)

P.S. After you join, you can change your name and hide your email by clicking the OPTIONS tab at the top of the page if you like.

UPDATE: Tournament entry is now closed. Good luck to those who entered!

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'm in! I have a very, very casual knowledge of college b-ball and pretty much go on gut alone with a bias towards those teams that always seem to go further than they should.

OP
OP
The Outfield

The Outfield

Reaction score
pinksheets":1g5x5edq said:
I'm in! I have a very, very casual knowledge of college b-ball and pretty much go on gut alone with a bias towards those teams that always seem to go further than they should.

Don't worry, I don't follow it much either. BUT, I did win one of the first tournaments I ever entered (in a pool of about 30 people) by doing exactly what you do ;)

P.S. After you join, you can change your name and hide your email by clicking the OPTIONS tab at the top of the page if you like.

OP
OP
The Outfield

The Outfield

Reaction score
Sweet! You're not alone. I only really follow the Huskies and other Pac-12 teams.

pehawk

Reaction score
Great stuff, Outfield. Thanks for doing this.

pehawk

Reaction score
Anyway we can get this stickied in the main forum, with out Les getting his nitpicky panties in a bunch?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":37wath9y said:
Anyway we can get this stickied in the main forum, with out Les getting his nitpicky panties in a bunch?

Done. But i'm not checking on Les' panties.

Figured it can stay here at least until the tournament starts and you can no longer enter. Then i'll move it back to the sports forum.

pehawk

Reaction score
The message board function is touchy, sorry. I'm annoying enough here, didn't mean to double-post guys, was testing it.

Winner gets to check Les's panties (who doesn't want to see moldy raisins)?

OP
OP
The Outfield

The Outfield

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for getting this stickied JSeahawks and pehawk! People will be able to see it better this way.

OP
OP
The Outfield

The Outfield

Reaction score
The deadline for submitting your picks is 8:00 AM PDT tomorrow!

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Survival Of The Fittest
Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

This is how I made my selections. I assigned an M&M to each team in the bracket and then proceeded to have them fight it out.

I hope I win!

OP
OP
The Outfield

The Outfield

Reaction score
JesterHawk":3ux73fxz said:
Survival Of The Fittest
Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

This is how I made my selections. I assigned an M&M to each team in the bracket and then proceeded to have them fight it out.

I hope I win!

Dang it. I don't know why I even bothered to enter then. I have no where near as good of a strategy.

P.S. 20 brackets - this is great!

OP
OP
The Outfield

The Outfield

Reaction score
That Marquette vs. Davidson game was definitely the best game so far. Marquette went ahead 59-58 with 1 second to go and won.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The Outfield":2025bmxm said:
That Marquette vs. Davidson game was definitely the best game so far. Marquette went ahead 59-58 with 1 second to go and won.

Heart breaker. I had Davidson as my big Cinderella going to the sweet 16.