Percy Harvin's Availaibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The reason I don't go to any niners board to find out info is because I can find out about what is going on with the niners from other sources. I really don't want to talk about that franchise to any of their fan base except ONE personal friend of mine. I know all I need to know about the niners. I want to be here with fellow Seahawks fans because it's fun. Like I said before, I don't ever go to niner boards, I have no interest in talking to their fan base, I've got better things to do with my time....Just sayin.......

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NinerLifer":29kff6a6 said:
It seems that the maturity level in this thread has decreased. It is amazing how you guys blow up on every post that I make like it is some personal attack. We have a couple Seahawk posters on 49ers.com who post all the time and we don't get all bent out of shape about it and welcome their posts.

I was told when I first signed up on here that there are members here that find amusement in trying to get every Niner fan who is on here to eventually explode and do something worthy of getting banned, and it appears to be evident that I am yet again coming across this behavior. Providing an outsiders perspective is not trolling, it is something that we welcome on 49ers.com actually as it helps to keep us informed about what other teams are doing and thinking. And it is also fun to talk with mature fans of other teams. Since the comments in here have resorted to the typical middle school behavior in regards to getting "beat down by a girl", I will refrain from posting in this thread any longer as I am only here to talk football. It is ironic however that the behavior you guys claim to hate Niner fans for is being exhibited by your own fans in this thread. Just sayin'...
There are plenty of opposing fans on here that are more than welcome and don't draw this kind of attention. It seems lately yours always create some type of negative feedback. Coincidence? I think not. Box and other Niners fans don't get every post jumped on because they don't come across as condescending and disrespectful. You seem to like to take little jabs at our team and then cry foul when you get attacked.

And don't start with the "you're acting just like the 49'ers fans you hate" BS. If I went onto a Niners boards taking offense to every anti-Seahawks post and trying to defend them, while dogging the Niners, I'd expect some kind of backlash. To expect differently, is being naive.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
If NinerLifer hasn't been banned by now, then give him some slack. I think I've done a pretty good job of keeping the 9er trolls out of this place

-The Glove-

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3lbb2k9z said:
If NinerLifer hasn't been banned by now, then give him some slack. I think I've done a pretty good job of keeping the 9er trolls out of this place
Not saying he's a troll at all. He does make some legitimate comments. He just seems like the type that pokes at things repeatedly and then cry when it pokes back.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
SharkHawk":knsr6gx6 said:
We've been "king" more often than not since joining the NFC West. 9ers fans act like they've dominated the division for years. They did in the OLD NFC West, but since the Hawks joined the division, they have won more conference titles than the 9ers did. And they had the same amount of wins this year as we did. We have 5 division titles to their 3 in that span. We have been rebuilding for approximately 4 of those years (this year was year 3 of the current 4 year plan, and the Mora year and Holmgren's last year were considered rebuilds). Yet we still have won the division 5 of the 11 seasons we've been in the division.

I think overall we are consistently the best team in the conference since joining and therefore are "King" in the overall sense, and emerged from rebuild mode at mid-season of this past season. It's on now, and we'll likely follow form and go on another 3 or 4 year run as division champions. The 49ers had their two year run, and I congratulate them... but their window was fully open and is now closing, when our window was barely cracked open at the beginning of the season before this past one, and we started a rookie QB this year and matched the 9ers in wins, and destroyed them at the end of the year. I don't think this is an early crowning. I think it is a realistic look at how teams tend to move to the top and win a division for a few years with a solid core of players. I think the Hawks are now more solid top to bottom than the 49ers. That's just me, but I feel it's the fact. I know that regardless of what happens, I won't waste my time or energy on a 9ers board after next year, regardless of how the Hawks do.
We're king in the literal sense. King Arthur.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
NinerLifer just got basically jail-house raped by a girl! He's probably gonna switch teams now - maybe to the Seahawks due to Stockholm Syndrome. I wonder what team he was a lifetime fan of last year.

PAT206

Reaction score
he has migraine headaches. cant play in the clink.

also we destroyed his ankle

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Rat":3vd429kq said:
The more I think about this, the more I hope we make a move for Harvin. Right now, our offense is very, very good. With Harvin, it's downright scary. Opposing defenses already have to sell out on the run to stop arguably the second-best running back in the NFL, plus the threat of a mobile QB with great escapability who can actually throw. Add one of the most electrifying wideouts in the league to that equation: how is anyone going to stop that? That's not even mentioning legitimate threats like Sidney Rice, Zach Miller, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, and Robert Turbin.

One of the opposing arguments I keep hearing for this potential deal is that we have young guys who will need to be paid soon. I don't want to lose any of our better players either, but all of our core players (Wilson, Sherman, Thomas, Okung, Wagner) have multiple years left on their contracts. Some are worried about holdouts, but thanks to the new CBA, those guys couldn't sign new deals right deal if Paul Allen gave them a signed blank contract. Cap hell is extremely overrated anyway. If your cap guys know what they're doing, you can do pretty much whatever you want. How many years have the Redskins been way over the cap, only to sign more players, without losing anyone important? Not that the Redskins are a shining example of how to run a franchise, but they are a good example of how overrated alleged cap problems are.

If you do acquire Harvin, do you do it at the expense that we likely can't upgrade our defense other than the draft? No way does Percy play for 2.9 million.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
This is a long post and will probably ruffle some feathers but looking back at this thread there are quite a few of you who are due a mouthful of crow. Some common names were strongly against Harvin I guarantee the day we traded for Harvin you changed your opinion of him in a second and were probably singing his praises.

Basis4day “I prefer Tate and Baldwin than Harvin.”

Zebulon Dak “Harvin is not that much better than Tate, if at all.”

Scutterhawk replies to Zebulon Dak “THIS!, Plus, Tate and Wilson have already established a meshing, so why would you monkey with that?”

Shadowhawk “I think we'd get a lot more bang for our buck with a couple of draft picks than trading for Harvin or spending big bucks on a free agent WR.”

Mrblitz “at this point, tate is better than harvin.”
Loafoftatupu “Looks like Tubby is talking to Paul Allen (the Minny broadcaster) about it so it is a legit idea. I don't like it... No way that kind of swap for Harvin, not in my realm.”

Jvill “He's not going to buy in. This is an exercise in futility. Sure glad he's a Viking problem.
P.S. Last time I checked the cap number for the offense out weighed the cap number for the defense by two to one. Any one want to speculate on the impact of engaging in a bidding war for more veteran players for the offense this off season?”

As you can see there was some strong opinions against Harvin, so much that some have lost credibility with me.
Was wanting to point out the proponents against Harvin than saying I told you so but I was behind this move from the first rumor. Guys like Rat and Hasselbeck

Props to SNDavidson “With my 1000th post I am now officially guarunteeing that the Seahawks will sign Percy Harvin. It is now fate... let it happen...”

Wenhawk “Wow... I can’t believe people can convince themselves Tate is better than Harvin. If ESPN polled America who's better Harvin would get 99% of the votes.
I am a proponent of adding another weapon on offense this off season and was focusing on a big 6'2+ WR to play on the outside and/or back up Rice if/when he gets injured again, and I also think an athletic pass catching TE that can split out wide would be great addition too.
We have an amazing young QB but only a slightly above average WR/TE group for him to throw too. The hawks need a WR that can get open and I don't think it's crazy to think Harvin could be top 5 in the league in getting separation. He has the speed and quick’s off a smaller player but is still 5'11 185lbs and plays bigger. Not many rookies come in and make immediate contributions. What 2nd rd WR can you guarantee will make an immediate impact and force team to scheme for them. A player like Harvin will open up a whole lot for an offense like ours. He can play any WR position, RB, and return kicks. He is a one of a kind player and to think we could get him for a 2nd makes me laugh. This is exactly the type of shrewd move JS would make.
Oh and I'd be fine with Giving Harvin whatever Mike Wallace gets, Harvin is a better plaer and has much more versatility. Walllace has speed, but Harvin has speed, quicks, hands, and much more.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3r51aocy said:
As you can see there was some strong opinions against Harvin, so much that some have lost credibility with me.

Some people don't realize that the internet is forever and what you type is forever embedded it's DNA. As for those posters you are attempting to wag your finger at, in their defense, a lot of people were against the move when it was reported that Harvin was seeking Fitzgerald and Megatron type money. When it was revealed that he actually would be okay with Vincent Jackson type money, that helped turn the tides for many, including..... John Schneider.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I honestly didn't think PC & JS were going to make this move. I still don't think Percy's much better than Golden but I'll be more than happy to be wrong about that and I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing them on the field at the same time. I think they're going to give defenses fits. So far, I'm glad things have worked out the way they have.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
ironic that you have Harvin in your avater after your presistance he wasn't much better than Tate and worth the investment.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Wenhawk":1v0cecq8 said:
ironic that you have Harvin in your avater after your presistance he wasn't much better than Tate and worth the investment.

Why are you being douchey? I was NEVER against the move. I didn't think it was going to happen. 2 totally different things.

I'm glad you feel like you won, or whatever.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Wenhawk":y0gj66jd said:

Give it a rest. Pretty lame bringing up stuff that was said 2 months ago and holding it against them.. People are allowed to change their minds and cheer for current Seahawks. Harvin is now a Seahawk, so we all love him. Is it really that important for you to be right?

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
You're missing a big feature of the forum by singling guys out, Wenhawk. It's not just about individuals being individually right or wrong, it's about the overall consensus we continually form when we all spout off our own opinion. We've got concerns about the trade compensation, his contract demands, his durability, and his playing ability spread throughout dozens of posts and even so, the only thing that's changed for the nay-sayers is JS/PC think Harvin is worth the risk and many of these concerns won't be able to be addressed until the guy gets to play. Caution is healthy and there's nothing wrong with being wrong (on a forum, at least). In fact, now that we have Harvin, the people you've high-lighted are likely at forefront of those who hope that they're wrong about Harvin!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Honestly it is nothing personal, it's just funny how so many people were against the move when it was just rumor (this thread is proof). Now that Harvin is a Seahawk we are all ecstatic. I wasn't trying to attack you specifically, just generally all the people who said the silly things anti Percy, and I wanted them realize how being so strongly against was way off I'm sure Rat who was pro Harvin and got tagged teamed must have felt then, those that were dead wrong can eat their crow.

Although Harvin hasn't produced yet, the fact we gave up a 1st and 3rd and paid him $12m a year should be enough.

Jville

Reaction score
As we watch Darryl Bevell handle Percy Harvin, we may well see yet another revelation in the value of Darrell Bevell.

Darrell has clearly taken on ownership of the Harvin addition. And recall that Darrell was considered for head coaching jobs elsewhere. Without Bevell's endorsement, the Harvin outcome likely could have been different. The man that has bought in big time and underwritten all this is Coach Pete Carroll.

Below is the complete referenced post as it originally appeared.
P.S. I don't know what ails Wenhawk or why he has chosen to single out individuals.

Jville":1ie09293 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1ie09293 said:
An article on why it might not be such a great idea: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/the-argume ... to-seattle

Thanks for posting. Too bad it isn't in audio. Lota folks around here are so busy posting they don't have time to read.
Harvin had an embarrassing tirade directed toward Frasier, disrespecting the coach during the season when Harvin was sidelined with an injured ankle.

Teammates were present, and Max was told that is when Harvin left the team and was put on injured reserve.

Sources say teammates were disappointed in Harvin’s actions and the organization has moved toward less tolerance for that behavior.

Harvin apparently had a similar incident when Childress coached the team.
:hmmmm: Think there might be a pattern there?

In 2009 and 2010 he suffered severe problems with migraine’s and was constantly listed on the injury report as a consequence. He’s also suffered many other issues including ankle, hamstring, hip, shoulder and finger injuries. In 2009 he was listed as questionable seven times. He was on the injury report eight times in 2010, seven times in 2011 and five times in 2012 before being placed on injured reserve (missing Minnesota’s last five games).
:shock: Damn he makes Sidney Rice look like an Iron Man.
Harvin also refused to run stadium steps with the rest of the team during offseason conditioning before the 2007 season, according to the Sporting News, and once allegedly threw wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales to the ground by his neck.
:34853_doh: Charming
Harvin told strength and conditioning coaches while boycotting stadium runs, “this (expletive) ends now,”
:177692: He's not going to buy in. This is an exercise in futility. Sure glad he's a Viking problem.

P.S. Last time I checked the cap number for the offense out weighed the cap number for the defense by two to one. Any one want to speculate on the impact of engaging in a bidding war for more veteran players for the offense this off season?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2owkx4h8 said:
I honestly didn't think PC & JS were going to make this move. I still don't think Percy's much better than Golden but I'll be more than happy to be wrong about that and I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing them on the field at the same time. I think they're going to give defenses fits. So far, I'm glad things have worked out the way they have.

So basically you want to stand by what you said but the second the season starts you can fall in love with harvin?

Status
Not open for further replies.