UEFA Champions League Knockout Stage

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":djht4ivd said:
Absolutely, Reus's pass was amazing.

tremendous save keeps Malaga in it. 15 to go..

wow! and another!

That should do it... although Malaga scorer was offside there.

Still, well earned

or... shocking!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3veg768t said:
Barca v Dortmund
Real v Bayern

Not sure they'll have that though, I think they'd rather see each league get one rep in the final, so it'll probably be Barca v Real, Dortmund v Bayern. Should all be fantastic matches no matter what way you slice it.

Derby semis would be great for all involved, probably more epic than a derby final.

but, i imagine we will see Spain against Germany in the semis

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Well, Bayern - Barcelona match up should produce lots of excitement. I am also interested to see whether Real can manage to overcome the results against Dortmund in the group stage. I would think they would but you never know.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":3uo26m1p said:
Well, Bayern - Barcelona match up should produce lots of excitement. I am also interested to see whether Real can manage to overcome the results against Dortmund in the group stage. I would think they would but you never know.

Would have preferred Bayern-Real, Barca-Dortmund... but still quality semis. Going to be good. I like Bayern and Real

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2e91wvvs said:
I actually think it'll be an all-Kraut derby for the final. I just fancy Dortmund to beat Real over the two legs.

They took 4 points of 6 in the group stage so its a good call.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
4-0 Munich in the first leg, and it looks like not even Messi and Ronaldo combined would be able to save Barca now.

And here's something you don't see every day either:
[youtube]orMVzUY7t1U[/youtube]
Though in his defense it was Ribery that did it.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Yes, that was absolutely terrible performance by Barcelona. Bayern looked very good but I wouldn't crown them champions just yet.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Dortmund and Madrid playing for the right to lose to Bayern in the final. Would like to see Dortmund pull through though.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3vry0y1t said:
InSuarezWeTrust":3vry0y1t said:
Dortmund and Madrid playing for the right to lose to Bayern in the final. Would like to see Dortmund pull through though.

Bayern look the part, but don't count out some silly performance from Barca. I reckon a Dortmund/Bayern final would be a cracker, though. Loving the Bundesliga these days. Racism and all.

Would love to see the Bundesliga in the US on a network other than GOL TV.

I get that Barca will be fighting for their lives on the return leg, but I don't see Bayern crapping the bed that bad to let 4 goals past. Especially without a 100% fit Messi.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
This is a rant.. so bear with

Bayern showed the class that is the Bundesliga. They have been quickly building (not just as a team, as a league) with fantastic players, coaches and style. The destruction of Barcelona showed today that Bayern is quite capable of playing Barca style better, stronger, faster than even they can. Ruthless defending, speed and power in the counter, clinical finishing and such wonderful and stylistic and free flowing attacks. And now they add Pep and Goetze? I feel Dortmund will show us something tomorrow as well, the same approach. Just not the same players.

Germany is going to be the place to play in the very near future. And here I go. The FA need to be careful about its treatment of Suarez and others or they will find the better players more than happy to ply their craft in Germany. Schalke, Dortmund, Bayern all visited the final 8. Others are close by. Germany is no La Liga, and it certainly lacks the depth of the PL. But its gaining in notoriety and popularity while.possible having the three of 5 top teams in the world.

Such is my feeling on today

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Germany is going to be the place to play in the very near future. And here I go. The FA need to be careful about its treatment of Suarez and others or they will find the better players more than happy to ply their craft in Germany. Schalke, Dortmund, Bayern all visited the final 8. Others are close by. Germany is no La Liga, and it certainly lacks the depth of the PL. But its gaining in notoriety and popularity while.possible having the three of 5 top teams in the world.

Such is my feeling on today

Germany is not going to be the place to play in near future. Whoever pays the most will get the players. Bundesliga won't surpass EPL as the most exciting and popular league in Europe. I just don't see it happening.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
It already is surpassing it. Sure you can follow the paper trail of team finances, but its no secret that the PL teams are losing money. And while Fox and ESPN love to focus on the PL the best players in the world are leaving. If Bale and Suarez leave, both real possibilities, then what World Class footballer is left? British teams are falling further behind, and its no accident.

Just my opinion. I'm pretty pissed right now. but the PL and the FA look ridiculous against the court of common sense today. As a world class player, why deal with an organization that allows knee high tackles, elbows to the face and stamping with little to no repudiation but will go 10 games for a bite?

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
That was a crazy game. I'm still baffled by Real's defense, Reus was absolutely slicing it with his long runs.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
How good is the pool of players available to play for Germany in the next world cup...

Marin, Reus, Gotze, podolski Bittencourt, muller, holtby, hummels, der stegan, schweinstiger, ozil, draxler, leitner, merckel, khadera, and on and on and on