Tiger Woods may be disqualified from the Masters

DTexHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":304nlpsb said:
And Tex you aren't trying to say all players and officials know all the rules are you? Having been a fast pitch softball and baseball coach can tell you I have seen people who have been in the game 20 years and didn't know all the rules.

Hell we had a former official in our fast pitch softball league trying to field a team using first basemens gloves in the outfield. And got throughly pissed when told him if he didn't get regular gloves for his outfielders he was going to have to forfeit.

Hell I put our ball bag against the backstop for years to stop a ball from going out of play there because that's a 2 base throwing error. It got hit several times, knocking the ball back into the field of play and play continued no one being the wiser. A classic example of a play being accepted because not everyone read the rule book like I did all the time. :D

No one knows all the rules and the reason so many officials are scattered on the course is to prevent things like that from happening. The guy on the spot took none of the blame tho he should have. If he knew the rules things would have stopped, done it correctly and who knows what that drop and 2 shots would have done.

:les:

You're really not comparing people that "play" softball with the #1 golfer in the world are you?

Do I expect all golfers to know the rules? No. (you are allowed to carry the rule book with you.)

Would I expect the number 1 "professional" golfer in the world to know the rules? Yes. Not knowing (and verbally admitting his actions, which clearly showed his intent, to go back 2 yards) cost him $112,000. Not much impact on him, but it likely took away his chance at a major. Had he been 2 strokes closer, all others would have had a tad more pressure to overcome.