ivotuk

Reaction score
Dude is FAST! Man he just blows by defenders. Love how Russell recognizes a situation and dumps off the pass in a spit second.

morgulon1

Reaction score
ivotuk":1tkhkpjp said:
Dude is FAST! Man he just blows by defenders. Love how Russell recognizes a situation and dumps off the pass in a spit second.

Agreed, another thing I notice about Turbin is not only is he fast like you mentioned, he has a quick burst as well. Great pick by Schneider and PC.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
I forgot how effective he was this year. He catches like Reggie Bush. Physical, fast, desicive. . Great find in the fourth.

DHawk

Reaction score
Man, this guy could do some serious damage this season. I sure hope he does!

LargentFan

Reaction score
Sorry...That's a terrible highlight video. I heard exactly zero F-bombs and N-words. If experience has told me anything, it's that every self-respecting highlight video is backed by crappy rap music.

Dreo

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Robert Turbin. From that highlight reel it is apparent that throughout the season he was an important safety valve, a counter against pressure on Russell. How many hot routes and dump-offs went Turbin's way that he totally delivered on? Many, and that is not to mention the times when he was running the ball right off the snap.

I just hope that adjustments made in the off-season by our opponents won't limit his production or his number being called during blitzes. Dude delivers.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Pretty good feeling knowing that even if RW and the Beast go down, both their backups could probably win us a majority of our games

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Pstark3":3i98y8sf said:
Pretty good feeling knowing that even if RW and the Beast go down, both their backups could probably win us a majority of our games

Really? I don't have that feeling at all. Maybe at RB, but not at QB.

But think there is still a HUGE drop off from 24 to 22. (and thats no knock against Turbin who I really like a lot).

Pstark3

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1nlg6x5e said:
Pstark3":1nlg6x5e said:

Really? I don't have that feeling at all. Maybe at RB, but not at QB.

But think there is still a HUGE drop off from 24 to 22. (and thats no knock against Turbin who I really like a lot).
With all the weapons we have on this team I feel Quinn could come in the game simply as a game manager and let the play makers make plays.

HawkWow

Reaction score
ivotuk":390jyi0u said:

...and with incredible touch!

I felt Turbin often played the way a rookie back is expected to play (when spelling a legend in the making); Almost apologetic. Especially early in the year. ML would take a seat and RT would come in and basically hold onto the ball.

Though he obviously had the occaisional highlight run, more times than not it looked like he was either a bit too respectful of the tackler or ML, one or the other....but who could blame him? With a year under his belt he has seen that ML is very unselfish and I think he's gonna' run with similar abandon.
And score!

kearly

Reaction score
Turbin gives as much effort as you'll ever see from a RB. I think that's what stands out the most about him. That and how he's really good at falling forward for extra yards.

Watching his highlights though, I think he's more Maurice Morris than Frank Gore. I know we are pretty set at RB for now with Lynch/Turbin, but when Seattle adds a 3rd RB this year I hope they are looking for a bell cow back with great upside, not just some situational player. Turbin's status as a proven starter down the road is far from settled, so it makes sense to add another starter capable prospect and if that means Turbin eventually becomes an awesome #3 RB, so be it.