Rodrick Rumble: possible late round receiver

seahawks875

Reaction score
What do you guys think about Rodrick Rumble, wide reciever from Idaho State. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmex6n5aQY4. http://isubengal.com/rodrick-rumble/. http://www.isubengals.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2424. He had 112 catches for 1348 yards and 9 touchdowns his junior year and struggled with injuries his senior year and only had 74 receptions for 1006 yards and 6 touchdowns. He is 6'2 200 lbs. I am posting this because I go to the high school that he went to and I know him. He holds all of our school's recieving records and I hope he gets drafted somewhere because there have never been any players drafted from my high school. Do you guys think he could be drafted?

OP
OP
S

seahawks875

Reaction score
I just wanted to bump this thread to the top, He ran a 4.4 at his pro day and had a 38" vert

TheWebHead

Reaction score
If he provides any production for any team, he will be a staple with Chris Berman's highlight packages... even more Berman love if he were to fumble

OP
OP
S

seahawks875

Reaction score
I remember in 2006, we won the state championship, and in one of the playoff games, it was OT and we were going for 2 for the win. We ran a fake field goal, where the holder (our QB, Marshall lobbestael who played for WSU) threw a fade to rodrick. The first time, he caught it, but there was a holding, we ran it again, he caught it, illegal man downfield, the third time, they knew it was coming and they had 3 guys on him, he jumped almost over one guy, reached over the other 2 and snagged it going to the ground for the win,

OP
OP
S

seahawks875

Reaction score
Anyone watch his highlights, do you think he is a possibility for us? he said he has met with Buffalo, Dallas, and Houston

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Considering we're lacking a 5th and 6th receiver, especially a receiver with some size, I think at least physically it makes him a possibility. He looks stout and shows some impressive athletic jumping and body position in some of those catches. His high pointing of the ball looks great, as well. Hell, that one-handed TD catch at :50 is worth at least an attempt to sign him as an UDFA!

A highlight video is tough to scout, though, because its missing so much, but he definitely looked solid compared to his opponents, but again it's a highlight video and I'm not even sure who the Big Sky conferences really has to go against.

A couple of negatives I saw: the spread offense doesn't really display his fundamental and route running skills. Half those plays seemed to be playground-style go routes allowing him to beat up on smaller corners (which he did well). It also allowed him to put up somemcrazier numbers than normally. For his size, a 4.59 is solid, but he didn't look exceptionally fast, which as a late round prospect and when compared to other later round picks like Chris Harper and Arron Mallete, who are each bigger and faster, it doesn't help (but probably doesn't hurt him either).

Overall, with his catching ability and size, I'd say theres a chance he's on their radar. I really like hearing your story on him winning 3 back to back to back jump balls to win a game. It's that type of competitiveness and will to win which I love hearing about a player. And with our front office, I bet they'd love hearing that too.

Btw, what the hell was your coach thinking about going for it after two penalties. What was it, like 18 yards-to-go with only one down? :lol:

OP
OP
S

seahawks875

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3t021wu3 said:
Considering we're lacking a 5th and 6th receiver, especially a receiver with some size, I think at least physically it makes him a possibility. He looks stout and shows some impressive athletic jumping and body position in some of those catches. His high pointing of the ball looks great, as well. Hell, that one-handed TD catch at :50 is worth at least an attempt to sign him as an UDFA!

A highlight video is tough to scout, though, because its missing so much, but he definitely looked solid compared to his opponents, but again it's a highlight video and I'm not even sure who the Big Sky conferences really has to go against.

A couple of negatives I saw: the spread offense doesn't really display his fundamental and route running skills. Half those plays seemed to be playground-style go routes allowing him to beat up on smaller corners (which he did well). It also allowed him to put up somemcrazier numbers than normally. For his size, a 4.59 is solid, but he didn't look exceptionally fast, which as a late round prospect and when compared to other later round picks like Chris Harper and Arron Mallete, who are each bigger and faster, it doesn't help (but probably doesn't hurt him either).

Overall, with his catching ability and size, I'd say theres a chance he's on their radar. I really like hearing your story on him winning 3 back to back to back jump balls to win a game. It's that type of competitiveness and will to win which I love hearing about a player. And with our front office, I bet they'd love hearing that too.

Btw, what the hell was your coach thinking about going for it after two penalties. What was it, like 18 yards-to-go with only one down? :lol:
I don't know what our coach was thinking, but I wasn't in high school yet then and I was only in the stands watching, so I wouldn't know, and now we have a new head coach here, so I wouldn't be able to ask him

gmor

Reaction score
My boy played HS ball with him. Nice kid. Lots of heart. It would be a good thing if he could land on a team.

OP
OP
S

seahawks875

Reaction score
gmor":26ahg73f said:
My boy played HS ball with him. Nice kid. Lots of heart. It would be a good thing if he could land on a team.
Who's your boy, are u from oak harbor