Potential casualties from our upcoming draft.

gubernaculum

Reaction score
Looking at the cap numbers, here are some players I expect us to find replacements for in this years draft.

McQuiston -cap figure 2.5 million
Mike Rob - cap figure 2.5 million
Maragos - cap figure 1.3 million.

Every penny counts when we are trying to re-sign our core players.
Thoughts?

Eamon696

Reaction score
I think Mike Rob will stay. He has a very good relationship with Marshawn and is a leader on the offense.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Mike Rob is a Special teams Captain aswell as a leader in the locker room . No way he leaves . McQuiston is very reliable and as far as Maragos goes its definetly possible

sutz

Reaction score
The thing is, "pure" fullbacks like M-Rob are kind of a rarity in today's game. Might be hard to find a rookie to come in and take his job. Plus, mny teams don't even use a FB, so he might not have a lot of options in FA. I suspect he'll be re-upped in the coming year to a modest contract. OTOH, Harvin could take over many of Rob's offensive duties in swing and flat passes and outlets, so the team dynamic is a bit fluid right now.

I doubt if any of those guys is going anywhere this year, maybe next.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
McQ can play every position on the line. MikeRob is untouchable this year. Lynch loves him. Maragos... not sure.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Mike Rob isn't going anywhere. No way they entrust a rookie to be the primary lead blocker for Lynch, especially given the complexities of the team's blocking schemes. Plus, the dude is the captain and still produces.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Not only is Mike Rob an above average FB and great STer, his impact in the locker room is too valuable to let go.

themunn

Reaction score
maybe we draft a brute of a running back to go on the practice squad and maybe 1 day supplant M-Rob, but no way is he a casualty, he's too important as a lead blocker for Marshawn

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Less than zero percent chance that Michael Robinson isn't on the team in 2013, for all the aforementioned reasons and then some. McQuistan is in no jeopardy either. He's the Swiss Army knife of our OL, and frankly he's one of the five best O-linemen right now. If the season kicked off tomorrow, he'd be starting at one of the OL positions somewhere. A better bet would be Breno Giacomini, who is due an unguaranteed $3.5M in 2013. If the Hawks felt like they were to have gotten their long-term RT solution in this draft (such as a Terron Armstead or a Brennan Williams), that could make Breno expendable by moving McQuistan to RT for the 2013 season, upgrading the position by doing so, and allowing the new guy to apprentice for a year. I don't expect that to happen, but its certainly plausible. Maragos isn't guaranteed a spot, but any new guy would have to be once heck of a ST's guy to take his roster spot. I fully expect the Hawks to draft at least one CB in this draft, and that could precipitate the move of Byron Maxwell (another pure ST's guy who lacks legitimate NFL CB skills) to safety to compete with Maragos for a roster spot. Others I could potentially see fighting for their spot depending on how the draft goes include Anthony McCoy, John Moffitt, Clinton McDonald and Walter Thurmond.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
M-Rob isn't going anywhere. Can't see McQuistan leaving either.

Maragos - yeah I suppose thats possible.

I posted it a few months ago, I could see the team drafting Brad Wing in the 7th round and having him compete with Ryan in TC/Preseason. Is it likely Ryan is cut? Doubtful.. but you never know.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":289idvx6 said:
They cut Mike Rob, we riot on the spot.

Agreed! Mike Rob is essential to this team not only for his play on the field, but also to keep us fans entertained via The Real Rob Report.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I could see Margaros going, it's a deep draft at safety but someone's going to have to beat him out.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Don't see Maragos being let go either. I doubt they can find another safety in the draft that could adequately provide 1/10th of what ET does and Maragos provides about 3/10th of that.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1opu7r7n said:
I could see Margaros going, it's a deep draft at safety but someone's going to have to beat him out.

Yeah, I could definitely see that. But unless they strike gold we'd have to carry 3 FS's so the new rookie could learn the role...it's a critical one to say the least.

kearly

Reaction score
McQuistan earned his money, but I could see him being a target. Chris Maragos is making $1.3 million? Yeah, he's a pretty obvious target, IMO.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
kearly":3tkqnzwo said:
McQuistan earned his money, but I could see him being a target. Chris Maragos is making $1.3 million? Yeah, he's a pretty obvious target, IMO.

Oh yeah? Who's going to play free safety in the situation that Earl Thomas is injured? A rookie is going to be put into the defense which has Sherman and Browner jamming and Kam on the line watching read-options, TEs, and runs?