The Niners Have Fallen Behind In The Arms Race.

Forty9ers

Reaction score
that 42-12 game was just a bad day for the niners and a great day for the seahawks. plain and simple and it can and will happen to any team on any sunday. the hawks were playing lights out and the crowd was goin ballistic. too still even talk about that game is like cheering for a garbage touchdown.
and niner fans are far more disappointed by another loss we had this season to think about it :(

as far as these roster moves and the so called arms race and keeping up with each other, just look at the dream team.
the team on paper doesnt mean shit. playing well is all that matters not whose lining up (maybe a little lol)

CANNOT WAIT for week 2

hawker84

Reaction score
I hear what you're saying but Frankly i'm getting a little tired of this Dream Team Talk... the difference between us , niners and the Eagles is, the Eagles went out and pretty much revamped their entire defense , where as the niners and Seahawks already had a solid core in place on both sides of the ball, and have added key FA's to bolster an already potent team... we signed Harvin to add another dynamic to the offense, Avril and Bennett to add depth to the D Line and take over for Clemons till he can get healthy, and Winfield to solidify our weakest position in the secondary...

niners have done much of the same, simply adding Key Vets to an already dominant team... tha's what the good teams do, have a good strong core of players, and bring in players to plug up any holes...

as far as week two.,, your boys want's no part of the CLink or the twelth man.. Certainly not Kaepinnochio... lol I love that name.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Forty9ers":23sc27wt said:
that 42-12 game was just a bad day for the niners and a great day for the seahawks. plain and simple and it can and will happen to any team on any sunday. the hawks were playing lights out and the crowd was goin ballistic. too still even talk about that game is like cheering for a garbage touchdown.
and niner fans are far more disappointed by another loss we had this season to think about it :(

as far as these roster moves and the so called arms race and keeping up with each other, just look at the dream team.
the team on paper doesnt mean shit. playing well is all that matters not whose lining up (maybe a little lol)

CANNOT WAIT for week 2

This warms my heart just thinking about it, but being here to witness the misery is priceless. :mrgreen:

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":3avbdp31 said:
I hear what you're saying but Frankly i'm getting a little tired of this Dream Team Talk... the difference between us , niners and the Eagles is, the Eagles went out and pretty much revamped their entire defense , where as the niners and Seahawks already had a solid core in place on both sides of the ball, and have added key FA's to bolster an already potent team... we signed Harvin to add another dynamic to the offense, Avril and Bennett to add depth to the D Line and take over for Clemons till he can get healthy, and Winfield to solidify our weakest position in the secondary...

niners have done much of the same, simply adding Key Vets to an already dominant team... tha's what the good teams do, have a good strong core of players, and bring in players to plug up any holes...

as far as week two.,, your boys want's no part of the CLink or the twelth man.. Certainly not Kaepinnochio... lol I love that name.

I actually agree with you here. In '94 the 49ers signed a bunch of Free Agents to fill holes on D, but the core of that team was already built.

The Dolphins to me are a better example this year of a "Dream Team" like scenario. Harvin will certainly be a big addition and Boldin should be good in SF as a #2 WR, but other than that I don't see the other additions as Hugely impactful. They improve depth and provide some competition...altho I do like the Winfield move as your slot corner.

I think what the poster was saying that posted the Street Fighter vid was simply that while Seahawks fans have the numbers 42-13 etched in their brain, Niner fans just veiw it as a fluky score to a game that got out of hand and its the loss in Feb that really occupies their time. That isn't meant as an insult...its just the honest truth.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Marvin49":vhfbttxc said:
hawker84":vhfbttxc said:

I actually agree with you here. In '94 the 49ers signed a bunch of Free Agents to fill holes on D, but the core of that team was already built.

The Dolphins to me are a better example this year of a "Dream Team" like scenario. Harvin will certainly be a big addition and Boldin should be good in SF as a #2 WR, but other than that I don't see the other additions as Hugely impactful. They improve depth and provide some competition...altho I do like the Winfield move as your slot corner.

I think what the poster was saying that posted the Street Fighter vid was simply that while Seahawks fans have the numbers 42-13 etched in their brain, Niner fans just veiw it as a fluky score to a game that got out of hand and its the loss in Feb that really occupies their time. That isn't meant as an insult...its just the honest truth.

At least you can understand how silly it sounds every time we hear "5 rings" as a response.

Marvin49

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":32ivwajp said:
Marvin49":32ivwajp said:
hawker84":32ivwajp said:

At least you can understand how silly it sounds every time we hear "5 rings" as a response.

Sorta....although I'm old enough to remember all of them (was born in '73 and they won the first one in Jan of '82 so they don't feel as ancient as people on here say).

Still...that was some time ago.

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawker84":305rljdj said:
Rude144

here's a little advice.. try not replying to every post on every thread with the same stupid video and comment that you lifted from the Web.. how about trying to use a little factual discussion in your post, you know with actual facts, perhaps stats to back your claims, something besides, we don't care you pounded us we beat you 4 in a row before that..... you might last a little longer... you think the niners has what it takes to beat us next year, tell us why..... Just a thought..

Straight from the niner forums...

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Forty9ers":3sy0htq6 said:

CANNOT WAIT for week 2

This playing well thing is just like the Hype thing. Both teams need to prove they are worthy of the hype they are getting and just because you had a couple good seasons doesn't make you any less attached to that hype.

We need Avril and Bennet to prove they can do in our system what they did in previous systems and you need someone to step up at nose tackle.

We need Winfield to prove he can continue to play at the level he did last year and you need someone to step up and replace Goldston.

We need Harvin to show he is the same play maker he was in Minny and you need Kaepernick to prove he can get the ball to Boldin and not just see him as covered.

We need to prove we can play in the spot light and you need to prove you can replenish the holes that are currently vacant.

I prefer our prove it list to yours.
Avril and Bennet vs no one? Advantage Seattle.
Winfield vs no one? Advantage Seattle.
Harvin vs Boldin? Advantage Seattle.
Prove we can play in the spot light (like our record indicates on nationally televised game) vs finding multiple suitable replacements without taking a drop in production? Advantage Seattle.

You still have other question marks that come into play also. Will Gore be productive beyond 30? Will Justin Smith stay healthy at 34? Can Harbaugh actually substitute without a massive drop off in production?

Like I said, I like our prove it lise much better.

Good luck answering all the questions your team has going into this season.

Beeker49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":38c4detq said:
Forty9ers":38c4detq said:

CANNOT WAIT for week 2

This playing well thing is just like the Hype thing. Both teams need to prove they are worthy of the hype they are getting and just because you had a couple good seasons doesn't make you any less attached to that hype.

We need Avril and Bennet to prove they can do in our system what they did in previous systems and you need someone to step up at nose tackle.

We need Winfield to prove he can continue to play at the level he did last year and you need someone to step up and replace Goldston.

We need Harvin to show he is the same play maker he was in Minny and you need Kaepernick to prove he can get the ball to Boldin and not just see him as covered.

We need to prove we can play in the spot light and you need to prove you can replenish the holes that are currently vacant.

I prefer our prove it list to yours.
Avril and Bennet vs no one? Advantage Seattle.
Winfield vs no one? Advantage Seattle.
Harvin vs Boldin? Advantage Seattle.
Prove we can play in the spot light (like our record indicates on nationally televised game) vs finding multiple suitable replacements without taking a drop in production? Advantage Seattle.

You still have other question marks that come into play also. Will Gore be productive beyond 30? Will Justin Smith stay healthy at 34? Can Harbaugh actually substitute without a massive drop off in production?

Like I said, I like our prove it lise much better.

Good luck answering all the questions your team has going into this season.
Love the optimism. I think it's still a bit premature. Let's get through the draft, OTA's, minicamps and into training camp. As of RIGHT NOW .... I think the Hawks have a slight advantage. I'll come back on Friday and talk some more about this, and probably more over the weekend as the draft rolls along.