New jaguar uniforms

Basis4day

Reaction score
TriCHawk":rgjwskij said:
I think the uni's are ok. The helmet is horrible. I'm sure they'll change it again in a year or two. No one seems to change their uniforms more than Jacksonville.
They can't make changes for 5 years.

silvergun

Reaction score
Yeah, everyone's going to have to deal with Jacksonville's helmullet for awhile.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I couldn't see it through the lens flares. Did JJ Abrams direct that?

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'm in the "I liked them until I saw the helmets not in concept images" boat. I also think they should just drop the teal outright from their black jerseys, maybe as a highlight on the numbers, but otherwise, they should go black out. If the gold on the helmet was something that really just kind of showed up a bit when hit with light, it'd be cooler. It just looks spraypainted as is.

CPHawk

Reaction score
It's hard to make teal look good, but the helmets are at least better then the ugly ones they had the last two years.

pinksheets

Reaction score
CPHawk":1owgj1m4 said:
It's hard to make teal look good, but the helmets are at least better then the ugly ones they had the last two years.
I agree. I think the M's are one of, if not the only professional sports team who pulls it off well. I like the Jaguars color scheme, but I think the teal should be played down for the black unis at least.

MissoulaHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":30u8tmid said:
I think they look awesome. I bet the helmet will look badass once you see it on the field under the lights.
That's what everyone said last year about our new uni's, and they seemed to have been correct. We'll see.

Sturm

Reaction score
The helmets looked good until I saw them on the mannequins. Now I think they look horrid.

The numbers are good but I hope they don't try to put that typeface on every team in the league. Old school teams like the Packers will that guy to F off if he tried that crap in Green Bay.

jkitsune

Reaction score
pinksheets":2s7yhp70 said:
CPHawk":2s7yhp70 said:
I agree. I think the M's are one of, if not the only professional sports team who pulls it off well. I like the Jaguars color scheme, but I think the teal should be played down for the black unis at least.
I think the San Jose sharks did a great job on their sweaters, and look better in teal than in their blacks. Black, to me, is such a copout as a uniform unless you genuinely build your color scheme around it. The Raiders belong in black. The Huskies (for instance) don't. Here's hoping the jaguars don't give up on their color scheme for a blackout.

pinksheets

Reaction score
jkitsune":3j9f3k6n said:
pinksheets":3j9f3k6n said:
CPHawk":3j9f3k6n said:
I think the San Jose sharks did a great job on their sweaters, and look better in teal than in their blacks. Black, to me, is such a copout as a uniform unless you genuinely build your color scheme around it. The Raiders belong in black. The Huskies (for instance) don't. Here's hoping the jaguars don't give up on their color scheme for a blackout.
Sharks do it well, too, you're right.

Black has always been one of the main parts of the Jaguars color scheme, so going black out to signify a new direction, perhaps getting meaner and tougher under Bradley works for me. I like their teal jerseys, too, I just don't like too much teal on the black jerseys. I share your feelings towards black out jerseys, generally, though. I think the Huskies doing it is just stupid, it's just a "let's sell fashionable jerseys" thing that seems oddly against tradition. I think when the Detroit Lions did it that it was stupid as well.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Ugly suck ducks. ROFLMAO. And its major funny that they'll be stuck with Goldenheads like Notre Dame for at least 5 years (Bradley's full term lease), but, y'know... I think they'll look alright under the Jacksonville sunshine &/or under the lights at night.
What I don't understand though, is why cant the Jaguars, and especially the Bengals, get cool looking big cat prints on their uni-s like a full coat of tiger stripes and some cool 'Aztec Jaguar Warrior' spots. I think that'd be pretty darn cool. Like if the Bengals all came out looking like tigers, with numbers... instead of just those stupid stripy helmets, with black shirts and white pants... same here with the Jags and their "new upgrades".
[& don't tell me its not possible 'cuz I seen the Steelers dressed up like prison escapee bumblebees from a low circle of hell (which they totally deserve since 2005 of course), but that's a different posting...]

Of course I guess the Cinci helmet now is an upgrade to when it was just brown and said BENGALS on the side :p

kearly

Reaction score
Like the Seahawks uniforms, this is what happens when you design things based on a part-based process instead of design in a more abstract (artistic) sense. Basically, he's taking a bunch of crazy ideas that he thinks are cool and throwing them all together for a uniform, even if they look like shit as a whole.

That said, I actually really like the uniform, though the helmet doesn't work. I think it was accidental genius, though.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Seems like the only uniform that everyone agrees on are the throw backs for the Steelers (that they are FUGLY).

When I first saw the Hawks uniform I thought they were pretty cool, then on the field I thought they were awesome.

These aren't nearly as radical of a change as ours were, but I think they look nice (yes, even the helmet). I'm sure they'll look great on the field.

As for "new uniforms, same Jaguars"...they were saying that about the Hawks last year too.

Tical21

Reaction score
We no longer have the ugliest uniforms in the NFL!!

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like the jags owner had a lot of input into these unis.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":319g3bu2 said:
We no longer have the ugliest uniforms in the NFL!!

You're absouluty right, only 31 teams have "uglier"unis then us.