Potential casualties from our upcoming draft.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bloodkingg":354l9up0 said:
kearly":354l9up0 said:
McQuistan earned his money, but I could see him being a target. Chris Maragos is making $1.3 million? Yeah, he's a pretty obvious target, IMO.

Oh yeah? Who's going to play free safety in the situation that Earl Thomas is injured? A rookie is going to be put into the defense which has Sherman and Browner jamming and Kam on the line watching read-options, TEs, and runs?

If Earl Thomas is injured, it won't matter who is back there.. there is going to be a huge drop off in talent.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1n0yic4t said:
bloodkingg":1n0yic4t said:
kearly":1n0yic4t said:
McQuistan earned his money, but I could see him being a target. Chris Maragos is making $1.3 million? Yeah, he's a pretty obvious target, IMO.

Oh yeah? Who's going to play free safety in the situation that Earl Thomas is injured? A rookie is going to be put into the defense which has Sherman and Browner jamming and Kam on the line watching read-options, TEs, and runs?

If Earl Thomas is injured, it won't matter who is back there.. there is going to be a huge drop off in talent.

Yeah. I've always just been grateful for Maragos and the fact that he has the knowledge and speed to make it so we don't have to change our defense too much if ET is injured, he can be plugged into the same role. I just don't see any rookie being able to step into that role, but I could be wrong.

firebee

Reaction score
sutz":1whg2vhr said:
The thing is, "pure" fullbacks like M-Rob are kind of a rarity in today's game. Might be hard to find a rookie to come in and take his job. Plus, mny teams don't even use a FB, so he might not have a lot of options in FA. I suspect he'll be re-upped in the coming year to a modest contract. OTOH, Harvin could take over many of Rob's offensive duties in swing and flat passes and outlets, so the team dynamic is a bit fluid right now.

I doubt if any of those guys is going anywhere this year, maybe next.

I don't think Michael Robinson is going anywhere, but I'd love to see us bring in Zach Line out of SMU to groom behind Michael Robinson and that could make Robinson expendable in a couple of years. Of course... By then, we'll have won a Super Bowl and Michael Robinson would retire as a Seahawk, so no harm - no foul.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Denard Robinson seems like a great player to save cap space with. he could be the #3RB ont eh roster but fill in as the
#3QB
#5/6 WR
#1/2 KR & PR

TwilightError

Reaction score
Two positions I'm sure they will draft are Linebacker and Running Back/Full back. First is to replace Leroy Hill and I guess there might be more than one linebackers drafted to compete for the spot. Second is whether they feel they need to have competition for ageing Mike Rob or if they feel they need a punt returner/third RB. A scat back will surely not compete with Mike Rob though.

I hope Mike Rob stays for this year but as always, there will be a surprise cut that we are not expecting...

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I agree Mike Rob could be in trouble, at the very least they'll draft his replacement and use this as the transition year. That likely will happen at WR as well. I don't think Tate AND Rice go as you don't want too much change at that position for the QB's sake, but I suspect one or the other.

kearly

Reaction score
bloodkingg":3g2depn8 said:

Maragos is basically just a special teams player. I doubt he could stand in Thomas' shadow. All he does as ET insurance is be a guy with 4.4 speed. Obviously, you wouldn't kick Maragos to the curb for some 4.6 guy. If it's Maragos vs. some other 4.4 guy that looks decent, it's not like experience is going to factor much. Maragos hardly has any.

chris98251

Reaction score
Robinson isn't going anywhere, catches passes out of the backfield, blocks for our RB's, special teams, you all forget what happened to our running game when Mack Strong retired and before Robinson was picked up and went through his learning curve. Real Fullbacks are getting more and more rare. A team that uses them frequently and one that can catch pases as well as be a standout leader and a special teams captain isn't waiting in the unemployment line to be tagged and inserted. So many underestimate the value till they are gone.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I would say if anyone leaves its because competition dictates it. Kam was the only "core" guy that I can think of that was eligible to be resigned.

The thing I find interesting is Mike Robs cap hit and what his contribution is. That guy is under paid.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Seahawks are going for a SB this year. You don't cut a player like Robinson when you are going for it like they are. His leadership and blocking skills are too vital to entrust to a rookie.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Mike Rob is our 'secret agent' 3rd string QB on gamedays... IMO He stays even if Seattle is hit by a big earthquake!!!

McQuistan and Maragos both are stop gaps who have made good. Still, both are also overdue an upgrade.

McCoy and McGrath seem to be the most replacable in this draft.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Not M-Rob, he's a leader and is worth every penny.

McQuisten could be if we get an OT in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.

Maragos could be if we draft another saftey or CB he will liekly be battling Maxwell, and a rookie CB/S for 1 roster spot.

What about Clemons? is he really safe with his giant salary?

TwilightError

Reaction score
With Clemons it all depends on how his injury heals. He could be placed in IR or even cut if its bad enough.. Hopefully he does not miss too many games. Despite the recent DE upgrades, he still is the best LEO in the team. He has been mad consistent!

Latest posts